64x [64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

mwood100

Jul 29, 2019
hey, idk what happened lately but last time i loaded up minecraft my skin was all effed up, (pink blue green yellow) and i went to minecraft.net to change my skin back to default thinking maybe that would help, but then i loaded up minecraft it was the default steve, not the hd one used in the pack, i deleted/reinstalled soartex for ftb monster and still nothing, just the old pixelated steve, was wondering if there is a way to fix it so the hd steve loads up

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
The "HD" Steve you speak off is used if the Mojang Skins servers are offline. It's a fall back skin we use instead of the game using the default skin. But as the servers are online and you reverted to the Steve skin thats the one you will see, if you really want to use the HD skin I think you can upload that as a skin (I've never tried this, so I take no responsibility if this breaks something) otherwise I don't see another way of making your game use the skin from our pack.

Just to go back over this so you understand, the HD skin we use is just a fall back for when the Mojang skin servers are down. It's not there as a replacement skin for normal usage :)

Cik

Jul 29, 2019
^^ This is what I was popping my head in to see about. In addition is 1.6.4 Soartex incompatible with 1.7? I'm not just that savvy.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

We have had 1.7.x builds out for a while now as you can see from here. The downloads you get from the launcher as also updated to 1.7.x, and have been for a while :) I just forgot to update the OP on this thread, we have all the downloads automated but forgot we still have to manually update this thread xD But don't worry I have updated the thread now to reflect that we do offer 1.7.x downloads :)

Any issues just let us know.

~ artdude543

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Bug reporting:

The Botania folder tree is wrong. It currently is "asssets>botania>model" but the right order should be "asssets>botania>textures>model" for it to actually load and work.

Reactions: GoldBattle

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
You probably had a ton of these already but do you know what is happening with the DW20 pack 1.7.10?
It seems to go wrong when you try to add mod textures.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
You probably had a ton of these already but do you know what is happening with the DW20 pack 1.7.10?
It seems to go wrong when you try to add mod textures.
Your going to have to be a bit more descriptive then that. What goes wrong?

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is not working? Does it just not load or something?
It starts loading but when its or should be done loading the textures but it defaults back to vanilla minecraft textures.
Which tells me that its not loading properly

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is not working? Does it just not load or something?
It starts loading but when its or should be done loading the textures but it defaults back to vanilla minecraft textures.
Which tells me that its not loading properly
The direwolf soartex texture pack is loading 1.6.x instead of the 1.7.x location when downloaded in the launcher.

When I download 1.7 direwolf pack, it creates the folder: FTB\direwolf20_17\
When I download the Soartex Fanver resource pack for the same 1.7 DW pack using the launcher, it creates: FTB\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\resourcepacks\Soartex.zip

Looks like something is wrong in the launcher or the manifest for the resource pack? I manually moved the pack to the 1.7 folder's corresponding resourcepack folder and it showed up (albeit with some textures missing).

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
The direwolf soartex texture pack is loading 1.6.x instead of the 1.7.x location when downloaded in the launcher.

When I download 1.7 direwolf pack, it creates the folder: FTB\direwolf20_17\
When I download the Soartex Fanver resource pack for the same 1.7 DW pack using the launcher, it creates: FTB\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\resourcepacks\Soartex.zip

Looks like something is wrong in the launcher or the manifest for the resource pack? I manually moved the pack to the 1.7 folder's corresponding resourcepack folder and it showed up (albeit with some textures missing).
yea figured it out when going to the resource folder I was sure it was downloading but didnt place it in the correct location suddenly a 1.6.4 DW20 was there adn i was like... umm that is not supposed to be there checked it and moved ti over and working fine now.
I just hope they will fix the missmatch

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
@DrDurandal i'll take a look at this resource location issue. if possible can you try to install it again and click the upload log button in the console so i can get some additional info to help troubleshoot this issue.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
@DrDurandal i'll take a look at this resource location issue. if possible can you try to install it again and click the upload log button in the console so i can get some additional info to help troubleshoot this issue.
Has @DrDurandal already sent the log?
I can try this afternoon/evening I have work for about 10hrs now if you still need it by then id be a happy test subject