Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm modems wont connect to the Aspectalyzer at all with that version.

I will attempt downgrading CC to 1.58(along with Openperipherals, cant think of anything else that should be affected).

EDIT: downgrading to 1.58 didn't change a thing. Starting to suspect it is simply bugged in TT. At a bit of a loss on what else to do. Doubt downgrading TT to a lower version will be painfree.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm modems wont connect to the Aspectalyzer at all with that version.

I will attempt downgrading CC to 1.58(along with Openperipherals, cant think of anything else that should be affected).

EDIT: downgrading to 1.58 didn't change a thing. Starting to suspect it is simply bugged in TT. At a bit of a loss on what else to do. Doubt downgrading TT to a lower version will be painfree.
Bugger, looks like there is stuff in the changelog of the following build involving the aspectalyzer, but those two builds between 141 and the 1.7.10 build 144 are failed builds.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Bugger, looks like there is stuff in the changelog of the following build involving the aspectalyzer, but those two builds between 141 and the 1.7.10 build 144 are failed builds.
Think I am just going to give up on it and use CC only for monitoring the stored amounts of Essentia. Then use ME to order the essentia through an Access terminal, by making patterns for each type of Mana bean and sticking them in a ME interface hooked on a furnace. The Access terminal is actually quite decent for browsing the Mana Beans as you can search for the aspects.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How to power advanced genetic machines. I have tried with ender io conduits and extra utilities pipes. Nothing connect to the mahcine
Can you try showing us a screenshot? Those machines should be accepting pretty much anything, if memory serves...

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Using latest modsauce pack.
Got the latest applied energistic installed.

Cant find any metroids form that mod.
How to find them.... using the compass, get an hit by it starting to spin like crazy.
I start digging in that area... its nothing. i litterally dug out a whole chunk to look for it. but nothing.

did this at 3 locations. how to find the metroids.
every video i have looked at. the metroids are above ground... nothing on my world?![DOUBLEPOST=1414742834][/DOUBLEPOST]http://prntscr.com/51j4bw
http://prntscr.com/51j4g8

here are some screen.
why is power not connecting to my advanced genetic machines?

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Using latest modsauce pack.
Got the latest applied energistic installed.

Cant find any metroids form that mod.
How to find them.... using the compass, get an hit by it starting to spin like crazy.
I start digging in that area... its nothing. i litterally dug out a whole chunk to look for it. but nothing.

did this at 3 locations. how to find the metroids.
every video i have looked at. the metroids are above ground... nothing on my world?![DOUBLEPOST=1414742834][/DOUBLEPOST]http://prntscr.com/51j4bw
http://prntscr.com/51j4g8

here are some screen.
why is power not connecting to my advanced genetic machines?
Wait, you seriously dug out the entire chunk down to bedrock and found nothing? I've never had the compass provide a false reading before. I have had some which were difficult to find.

In regards to your Advanced Genetics, I think they now only recognise IC2 cables for some weird reason. TFC ran into the same problem as you when they removed IC2 during pack development. There is the generator from Advanced Genetics that powers any adjacent machines, but it chews through coal like nothing else.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
ok thanks for the info.

yes i dug out one entire chunk from top to bottom.
but nothing was found.

the other 2 chunks i have just randomly searched.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
ok thanks for the info.

yes i dug out one entire chunk from top to bottom.
but nothing was found.

the other 2 chunks i have just randomly searched.
o_0 Kudos to you. I have no idea why you didn't find one. There was no sky stone at all in the chunk?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
nope, no skystone.[DOUBLEPOST=1414746827][/DOUBLEPOST]

there is skystone in the game i am running.
so why is the metroids not spawning for me

how to get the stuff from them then?

is it a config thing?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019

is it a config thing?
The compass responds to skystone IIRC. It's probably worth checking through the configs, but beyond that I have no idea, sorry :-(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a block similar in function to the Indexer from Extra Bees, but for trees/saplings, rather than bees?
The Filing Cabinet from ExtraUtils (or maybe OpenBlocks, I can never remember) is the closest that I can think of. Unless... have you tried stuffing saplings into your Indexer? Also, I don't know much about ExtraTrees, but that's the next place I'd check.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

is it a config thing?
Dude. If Metroids were spawning, you'd be running in fear of your life.
(Couldn't help it.)

Reactions: DrowElf

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Can GregTech 5.x tools be enchanted, and if so, how? I was told that GT equivalents to vanilla tools (pick, shovel, axe) could be, but I couldn't make it work in the vanilla enchanting table.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MrMiner104

Jul 29, 2019
So everytime i log in to my server it will crash about 1 minute after i get in so i have been deleting server file and getting new one and nothing seems to work so Here you go
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Surprise! Haha. Well, this is awkward.

Time: 10/31/14 5:53 PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2270)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_56_IC2_onLivingSpecialSpawn_LivingSpecialSpawnEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.doSpecialSpawn(ForgeEventFactory.java:52)
at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:245)
at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:187)
at in.b(WorldServer.java:162)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:669)
at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2268)
... 12 more

Reactions: GreatOrator

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
So everytime i log in to my server it will crash about 1 minute after i get in so i have been deleting server file and getting new one and nothing seems to work so Here you go
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Surprise! Haha. Well, this is awkward.

Time: 10/31/14 5:53 PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2270)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_56_IC2_onLivingSpecialSpawn_LivingSpecialSpawnEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory.doSpecialSpawn(ForgeEventFactory.java:52)
at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:245)
at yp.a(SpawnerAnimals.java:187)
at in.b(WorldServer.java:162)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:669)
at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at ic2.core.IC2.onLivingSpecialSpawn(IC2.java:2268)
... 12 more
check out this thread

Reactions: GreatOrator

wanderer28

Jul 29, 2019
Pardon me for not reading 853 pages worth of Q&As, but here it is:

Is it ever possible to extract/input items into the Industrial Grinder (GT) with Small Electric Buffers (GT)?

I've gotten the information from ftb wiki that the input/output slots are on different sides of the block, but can't seem to extract products with an electric buffer from any "side of the grinder".

I think I probably can manage it with an advanced translocator, though I'm not completely sure about that--what is wrong? The only thing I can think of, if everything is assumed to work as it does, is that the Small Electric Buffer does not extract from machines with multiple output slots (the IG has 4).

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the double-post (I'm sure it is).

Just read the previous problem.
Not sure about installing the patch, but setting server-wide difficulty to peaceful and/or setting spawn monsters to false in server.properties should do it.

The problem is caused by IC2 being funny and trying to spawn mobs with nano and quantum armor on for Halloween laughs, and fails, resulting in crashes. It should stop doing that on 2 November so after that you can set the difficulty back to how it was.

*** EDIT ***
I have confirmed that using advanced translocators work. The question remains: why not buffers?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The problem is caused by IC2 being funny and trying to spawn mobs with nano and quantum armor on for Halloween laughs, and fails, resulting in crashes. It should stop doing that on 2 November so after that you can set the difficulty back to how it was.
Ahh so that is what is causing doing it! Thought the Factorization(I think it is) "spawn mobs with copies of players gear" settings had gone nuts :p Seeing them everywhere :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So that's what that skelly was wearing... :D
Kinda glad I am not starting a new world during this time :p Could have been rather challenging with all these mobs wearing nano/quantum.
Baby zombies in nano gear....
oi8x2A8.png

*shudder*