[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
As for coins, the rule book did tell us to break everything, including the rules... But completing the kill the ender dragon quest will give you enough to run through the entire pay to win section.

Still no joy with the curative mead, but the flux capacitor trick found several pages back worked.

Not that I need any more gold now, but how do you get minechem gold out of the drums? Decomposing the drum of gold just gives me the iron from the drum, nothing from the contents.
Well for the curative mead you could just throw away some mead that should count, then use /hqm edit and use the cheaty book to force the quest to be completed. Handing in the mead is the last part of that quest anyway. As for the drums, I experimented a little and found that you can pipe the fluid into a decomposer but that does nothing. I think it's mostly unimplemented.

I've hooked up the display, but with the radioactives the metadata is constantly changing so by the time I get them moved, they don't seem to register as whatever value the monitors were set for.

Storage monitors are dumb like that. If you really want your elements on display, barrels would work better. You can hide storage buses behind them in the wall.[DOUBLEPOST=1414784236][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't seem to make carbon nanotubes in the synthesiser. I've got the right recipe and all
It needs a lot of power. Make sure the synthesizer is charged up.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I decided to skip the periodic table display & just chain my way through the element quests. Now I just need to afk for about 3 weeks to finish the ocean of water, octuple compressed cobble, & seed oil quests.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to skip the periodic table display & just chain my way through the element quests. Now I just need to afk for about 3 weeks to finish the ocean of water, octuple compressed cobble, & seed oil quests.
The ocean of water quest should only take 3-10 hours depending on how you set it up. The octuple should only take an hour or two if set up right.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright.. other minechem newbie questions..

how do you add coatings to weapons and armor?

useduser

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm loving this modpack so far. I like the possibilities that the Hardcore Quest mod has added to modpacks like this because before, there was no direction with these modpacks, you just chose a handful of the mods to be a part of and just did whatever you felt like doing. As I am not all that creative things like this are perfect for me.

I've got a fair bit into the quest book, and I ran into a problem. The Quest Accelerated Matter, the one that wants you to craft a matter cannon... I cant finish it, I'm unsure why. I've crafted the Cannon, it didnt finish. I charged it full, still didnt finish. Loaded it with gold nuggets, and lead nuggets, still didint finish.

So what do I need to finish this quest here? The only listed objective is to craft the cannon anyway but there's no manual detect/submit button, I cant map the quest to the QDS, so I simply cannot finish it. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do here?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm loving this modpack so far. I like the possibilities that the Hardcore Quest mod has added to modpacks like this because before, there was no direction with these modpacks, you just chose a handful of the mods to be a part of and just did whatever you felt like doing. As I am not all that creative things like this are perfect for me.

I've got a fair bit into the quest book, and I ran into a problem. The Quest Accelerated Matter, the one that wants you to craft a matter cannon... I cant finish it, I'm unsure why. I've crafted the Cannon, it didnt finish. I charged it full, still didnt finish. Loaded it with gold nuggets, and lead nuggets, still didint finish.

So what do I need to finish this quest here? The only listed objective is to craft the cannon anyway but there's no manual detect/submit button, I cant map the quest to the QDS, so I simply cannot finish it. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do here?
Just use /hqm edit and shift right click on the glowing quest icon for quests that won't complete.

kaocrat

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the HQM crafting quests only work if you do your crafting in a vanilla crafting table. Making something in the Forestry Worktable or the Machinist's Workbench won't trigger the quest as complete. It might be helpful if the quest notes made mention of this somewhere.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, nether star and fusion questions.

I have the fusion reactor up. I have a couple fusion stars from rewards and quests. I have 3 plain nether stars already. I can get 5-6 more from killing withers.

I need Copernicium to make more. I'm assuming fusion is a perfect addition, meaning nickel is the easiest way to make more. Gold + Technetium also seems kind of nice.

How long does copernicium sit around for, before I try and make a couple hundred of it? What other strategies are people using to get the nether stars?

Also, what's the best way to see what makes what element? A lot of things don't show up in NEI, like tungsten.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, nether star and fusion questions.

I have the fusion reactor up. I have a couple fusion stars from rewards and quests. I have 3 plain nether stars already. I can get 5-6 more from killing withers.
Fusion stars don't get used up, because of a bug. I can't tell you whether to manually void your used-up stars (to avoid cheating) or to just go with it - that's your decision. Personally, I find it tedious to make new nether stars, and they're not terribly expensive, so I'm just leaving the one in there.

Also, if not for that bug, each nether star would last for 2001 uses - the first use turns it into a fusion star with 2000 uses left. So each one would last quite a while. Long enough to make several more nether stars.

I need Copernicium to make more. I'm assuming fusion is a perfect addition, meaning nickel is the easiest way to make more. Gold + Technetium also seems kind of nice.

How long does copernicium sit around for, before I try and make a couple hundred of it? What other strategies are people using to get the nether stars?
It lasts for one hour.

Chip

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry for being stupid , but where do you download the map ? ( I download the 3rd party packs , and didn't have a map .Also checked the maps & texture packs and it is missing )

Reactions: Timnormas

Timnormas

Jul 29, 2019
Where do I download the actual map, not just the modpack?[DOUBLEPOST=1414933458][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I download the map? When I download the pack the map doesn't come with it.

Last edited:

Nelleam

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to download a map. Just create a new world, and it will make the map for you.

EgyptOverseer

Jul 29, 2019
So I completed the wireless boosts and clay quests before exploring the mesa caverns. Went now to the mesa caverns and the AE room is not inside. I checked videos to confirm the coordinates and when I go to them it's just hatdened clay and not even an empty cave of where the AE stuff should be. I tried getting a replacement from the "lost and found" quest and it just loads the exact same state mesa caverns. How do I fix this? I don't have means yet for the AE resources that are there so I am missing a lot basically...

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
So I completed the wireless boosts and clay quests before exploring the mesa caverns. Went now to the mesa caverns and the AE room is not inside. I checked videos to confirm the coordinates and when I go to them it's just hatdened clay and not even an empty cave of where the AE stuff should be. I tried getting a replacement from the "lost and found" quest and it just loads the exact same state mesa caverns. How do I fix this? I don't have means yet for the AE resources that are there so I am missing a lot basically...
The drive reclaiming doesn't generate a new area. If you started to map before the latest update you'll have to replace the dimension files with those in the template folder.

EgyptOverseer

Jul 29, 2019
But that would erase all the progress in that dimension, right?

I am also missing the armory.

Does this mean I would have to start over again?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised no one has addressed this...or it's been so long since I've played Vanilla that maybe I missed how this is easily? automated without MFR.

Milk? Don't tell me I need to milk 256 cows by hand... Would an AA w/ buckets work? Then have a FT empty the buckets and send them back to the AA.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I completed all the quests.

Final evaluation: The nether quests were really dumb. Fighting the dragon while being pelted constantly with fireballs was also dumb. Not because it was dangerous, but because it was annoying. At that point you can wear fully enchanted top-tier armor and drink asprin all day, which means you're basically invincible for the fight. The ghasts knock you around and the fire obscures your vision, making destroying the pylons or shooting the dragon a pain in the ass. Half the damage I inflicted was from melee hits! Strangely, the matter cannon couldn't destroy the pylons and didn't seem to hit the dragon either.
The Mountain Climber quest is probably just impossible to do without setting the difficulty to Peaceful. There are ghast types that just fly into you and knock you around even more than fireballs, which means you WILL get knocked off the awkward twisty obsidian trails. You can't jump up a whole block while standing in fire either, which means half the time you can't climb properly. The quest to get on top of the sphere is stupid just because it's so goddamn boring. Put a structure up there or something! Even just a little obsidian house with a chest inside with minor loot would've been satisfying. The final "reward" for winning could've been fancier than just a floating platform with a chest full of weird items in it. Legendary loot bags are actually kindof bad, by the way. Cinnabar is the best reward from them, near as I can tell. I would've loved to get a pickaxe with silk touch or other good mining tools. Heck, a top tier weapon would be great too, even if it was made out of an End ore so you couldn't really repair it until you've already beat the game.

Practically every other quest is great and overall I think the map is brilliant. I just wish the End and Nether quests weren't designed to be so frustrating. I hear the Dungeon is frustrating towards the end too but that's completely optional so I don't really care about it. Can't you just ender quarry it anyway?

Surprised no one has addressed this...or it's been so long since I've played Vanilla that maybe I missed how this is easily? automated without MFR.

Milk? Don't tell me I need to milk 256 cows by hand... Would an AA w/ buckets work? Then have a FT empty the buckets and send them back to the AA.
AA with buckets does work.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971