Advise

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Hi please forgive me if this thread is out of position but I am starting a new youtube channel and need some advise. If I start with my specs:

Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

Ok so now the golden questions!!... How can I screen record a lets play with no lag. Im getting about 120FPS with Optifine installed on FAR render distance. Im using x64 bit sphere texture for the video and have tried Quicktime screen record but reviewing footage I have done it looks like its playing back at about 10-15 FPS (guessing) so its awful.
I do have the option to record to an second PC (laptop) if thats recommended but is there a MAC app or programme anyone uses and could recommend. Im happy to buy but don't really want to spend money to find it doesn't work with my system.

Also, obviously I am looking for something to screen record and game sound as well as Voice record from external mic.

All advise greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Reactions: DarkIron987

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
What software and resolution are you recording at? Also, are you recording modded Minecraft?
Yes modded minecraft I'm using the direwolf 1.6.4 I've tried QuickTime screen record and although I'm getting 120fps when I'm recording I drop to 60 but the recording on playback is like 10fps. Really stuttering. Not sure what resolution it's recording at but no doubt that as I'm using the new iMac 5k retina display it's going to be quite good

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Buy Fraps. For your PC because it has a GPU fraps should work great. There is very easy free ways to get it , but its illegal. I also have a PC with a mobile GPU and fraps works best.

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry. Don't know what you mean[DOUBLEPOST=1414348048][/DOUBLEPOST]Just wondering if due to fact my screen is such hi res is that effecting the recording .[DOUBLEPOST=1414364186][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so i have installed further RAM cards and have total of 24 GB available. Have tried again with quicktime player and screen capture tool pro and my in game FPS drops to 20 and though there is a slight improvement in the recording FPS it is still no where near the quality you see with other you tubers.

Last edited: