Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
@CrazyPants made a tweet about EnderIO

I kind of wish EnderIO would add a more simple way of getting ender pearls though...
I know you can kill endermen for their balls or hope of getting an lily from Extra Utilities, but it'd be nice if EnderIO also had a good and reliable way of getting ender pearls
I like the progression personally. But the dark steel sword does prevent endermen from teleporting once you hit them. The powered enchanter makes it simple to get a looting enchantment. Plus the powered spawners and captured souls can be used to make endermen spawners.

But the best thing is to just get the dark steel sword, add looting 3, and spend a few nights gsthering pearls.... then go kill the dragon.

Honestly though I love EnderIO.

Reactions: VapourDrive

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like the progression personally. But the dark steel sword does prevent endermen from teleporting once you hit them. The powered enchanter makes it simple to get a looting enchantment. Plus the powered spawners and captured souls can be used to make endermen spawners.

But the best thing is to just get the dark steel sword, add looting 3, and spend a few nights gsthering pearls.... then go kill the dragon.

Honestly though I love EnderIO.

but a bit of my problem is that that is more for the mid-game and isn't too reliable, as you have to wait till night and hope an enderman spawns, and I would like to have a reliable early game of ender pearls.
it doesn't have to be fast and it doesn't have to give you a ton of ender pearls, just a few to get the basic things started.
ender lily's from Extra Utilities are a very good example of what I'm hoping for, but sadly they can only be found in dungeon chests, which means you need to have the RNG gods on your side for that to happen
I did love what Jadedcat did with Agrarian Skies, giving the ender lily's a crafting recipe, but for the price of 1 ender pearl and a grass seed, so you still need to get an ender pearl, but as soon as you have 1 you can start growing them for more pearls.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
If you do not have Extra Utilities, does anyone know of a peaceful way to get ender pearls? Both of the ways I would normally use (peaceful table and enderlilies) are from XU.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For a peaceful way, you could use one of the custom block mods, minetweaker and an ore gen mod, and add an new type of ore that when cooked gives enderpearls (or a fragment of an enderpearl which combined with others makes an enderpearl). Keeps to the theme of Minecraft.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Can't ender pearls be found in dungeon chests? I know I have gotten some there before

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I think enderIO might add them to the dungeon chest registry... Not sure though.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Can't ender pearls be found in dungeon chests? I know I have gotten some there before

According to the MC wiki, they are only found in stronghold chests. Which usually need an ender eye to find.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
According to the MC wiki, they are only found in stronghold chests. Which usually need an ender eye to find.

Well..... Atleast you can find them right?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
For a peaceful way, you could use one of the custom block mods, minetweaker and an ore gen mod, and add an new type of ore that when cooked gives enderpearls (or a fragment of an enderpearl which combined with others makes an enderpearl). Keeps to the theme of Minecraft.

Alright, using block mods and minetweaker: How do you get a new fragment item?

I'm looking at ... Oh, never mind: Quadrum now can add items. (Last I looked it was blocks only).

Alright, then, is there a sample/example for
1. An ore block, that when mined drops items, adjusted for fortune.
2. Smelting those items into a fragment
3. Combining 8 of those fragments into a ring for the pearl

... and, probably makes sense to have two different new ores to mine, that are combined together to make an ender pearl. Maybe one in the overworld, and one in the nether?

Hmm, might be a good way to handle the "brewing" materials -- spider eyes, gunpowder, ghast tears, etc -- combine materials from both worlds.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorely tempted to throw together a mod that adds in a few ways of getting ender pearls (interesting farming style, mixture of world-gen/ farming perhaps, some other ideas)... and then just allowing the user to decide in the config what method they prefer... everything from world gen rates to crop growth rates to drop percentages would be configurable, any interest?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Alright, using block mods and minetweaker: How do you get a new fragment item?

I'm looking at ... Oh, never mind: Quadrum now can add items. (Last I looked it was blocks only).

Alright, then, is there a sample/example for
1. An ore block, that when mined drops items, adjusted for fortune.
2. Smelting those items into a fragment
3. Combining 8 of those fragments into a ring for the pearl

... and, probably makes sense to have two different new ores to mine, that are combined together to make an ender pearl. Maybe one in the overworld, and one in the nether?

Hmm, might be a good way to handle the "brewing" materials -- spider eyes, gunpowder, ghast tears, etc -- combine materials from both worlds.
I'm sure Quadrum can do it (it's the most advanced I think), I use custom items, but that only gives blocks, not items. So I would have just smelted the block to a fragment, then decide how many fragments make a pearl. Depending on mods available, even think about doing it more "interestingly" than just a straightforward crafting recipe.

I'm sorely tempted to throw together a mod that adds in a few ways of getting ender pearls (interesting farming style, mixture of world-gen/ farming perhaps, some other ideas)... and then just allowing the user to decide in the config what method they prefer... everything from world gen rates to crop growth rates to drop percentages would be configurable, any interest?
If you make it, people will use it.
Expand so that it covers all the hostile mob drops. Thus peaceful players can have options.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019

Have not just ender pearls but also a few other mob drops like blaze rods, ghast tears, and perhaps even wither skulls and I'll be *very* interested.