Where should I put a mob farm? (AG)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furfurfur2001

Jul 29, 2019
OGST1Cn

This is my current base in Agrarian Skies
I was wondering where should I put a mob grinder. Any suggestions?[DOUBLEPOST=1413169286][/DOUBLEPOST]
OGST1Cn.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't really matter where you put it, as long as it's about 21-22 blocks above you, and not too far away otherwise mobs will not start spawning

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
This. So much this. :)

I made this mistake with my first farm as well. Such a pain.

My relocated farm I put right above my primary working area. Because I don't like getting rained on and it served as a limited "umbrella" for a portion of my base. In my other worlds, once I have enough clear glass and a builders wand, I usually go up to the world ceiling and cover my entire base area. (assuming my world has an outdoor base)

johnnypebs

Jul 29, 2019
I made this mistake with my first farm as well. Such a pain.

My relocated farm I put right above my primary working area. Because I don't like getting rained on and it served as a limited "umbrella" for a portion of my base. In my other worlds, once I have enough clear glass and a builders wand, I usually go up to the world ceiling and cover my entire base area. (assuming my world has an outdoor base)
Actually, I just tore (burned) down the drop tower that I had built and built a 5x5x3 dark room with an MFR grinder on it in the same place. Took me way less time then building a new tower someplace else and TONS of ethereal essence from the wisps and mana beans/knowledge fragments form the Pechs.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I like to put a mob farm smack dab in the centre of my Agrarian Skies worlds. As long as the main spawning room is far enough above you it'll spawn stuff no problem.

tUWeqAU.png