[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm moving my base (ugh, but since I'm living in a cave hollowed out where coal used to be... it was def time to move). I picked everything up except I can't figure out how to pick up the GT 1x Tin Cable that ran power to all my machines? The wrench doesn't work on it, anything else like a pickaxe just vaporizes it I think, takes forever to break. Is this cable intended to not be able to be removed, or am I being a dunce again and missing the obvious solution? Why do I worry about 5 or 6 tin cables? I'm even taking all the torches lining the walls before I leave for good. LOL

GT* cable can only be retrieved with the GT wire cutters.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
GT* cable can only be retrieved with the GT wire cutters.

I was certain I tried that. So I checked again. Doesn't work. I knew I tried it!! But then I noticed... it isn't the GT wire cutters, somehow I made the IC2 version. sigh :) Thanks for the solution!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to make the IC2 ones, I forget what I needed them for though.

but yeah you want the GT ones.

Murphy's Law - I've been trying so hard to stick with all GT stuff as I progress, but I obviously goofed somewhere along the way. Wasn't the first time this sort of thing happened, and it certainly won't be the last. haha

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
I wish there was a decent way to move across long distances earlier in the game when you are looking for copper and tin veins besides nether portals. cause its hard as all get out trying to get to that point. And iron is a pain in the butt to get in anything more than just the small iron ores and magaicite. I know about jetpacks but those are still quite a bit out of reach atm for me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wish there was a decent way to move across long distances earlier in the game when you are looking for copper and tin veins besides nether portals. cause its hard as all get out trying to get to that point. And iron is a pain in the butt to get in anything more than just the small iron ores and magaicite. I know about jetpacks but those are still quite a bit out of reach atm for me.

There's a bunch of tools at your disposal.
* Some people like horses
* Thaumcraft lets you craft boots that can run stupidly fast
* Refined Relocation has a player teleporting mechanism (never used it, dunno what its range is)
* Thaumcraft lets you build roads that let you run stupidly fast

You haven't found a proper iron mine yet? It will be mostly limonite.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Ive only been finding Magaicite in higher elevations. i find small iron ore when im caving and ive gone caving over like a 20 square chunk area (i got lots of time to do that) i find coal, graphite, lead, silver, and zinc in large quantities but no iron :( so im kinda stuck with a bronze blast furnace with nothing to blast.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Keep exploring :)

Bear in mind, you only need to find ONE, and then you'll be set for a very, very long time. One thing you might wanna try:
Make tools out of thaumcraft shards if you don't plan on doing thaumcraft much. Earth tools in particular last a long time and mine pretty quick. Entropy tools mine stupidly fast (but have a very short time span).

Other fun ones:
Water: Fortune 3
Order: Silk Touch
Fire: Autosmelt (on some stuff anyway)

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
I have about 2k block each way pretty welled explored around my base and then going out to the north and east of my base up to 5k blocks out. 2 tin deposits and only 1 copper vein. And from what ive seen copper is normally very common compared to tin. i guess ill just have to keep exploring. Is it best to just keep looking for magaicite on the surface or keep caving and hope to get lucky with a hammer panning?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Honestly: you're best off drilling for samples.

Iron is a low-elevation ore. If you're finding tin, you won't be finding iron.

Go to the center of a chunk. Drill straight down (take safety precautions obvs). Then go 4 chunks north. Do it again. Repeat.

Don't fall into your holes later.[DOUBLEPOST=1413989709][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys, silly question: iirc BC has an incredibly lame 1x1 mining drill. Has anyone tried it on GT ores? It could actually be really useful now if it works.

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I have about 2k block each way pretty welled explored around my base and then going out to the north and east of my base up to 5k blocks out. 2 tin deposits and only 1 copper vein. And from what ive seen copper is normally very common compared to tin. i guess ill just have to keep exploring. Is it best to just keep looking for magaicite on the surface or keep caving and hope to get lucky with a hammer panning?

What id do is like @Pyure said. I'd get about 5 thaum picks (definitely one fortune and one autosmelt) then dig a mine shaft close to your base, and mine at about level 20. This has worked well so far for me, I've found a few ravines that contained iron, red stone, even one with diamonds that I'm currently working my way through.
When your mining you'll come across cave systems, just make sure you fully explore these. This way you'll find the vast majority of what you need (to get a good start at least) then the only issue for me way the illusive tin ore!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly: you're best off drilling for samples.

Iron is a low-elevation ore. If you're finding tin, you won't be finding iron.

Go to the center of a chunk. Drill straight down (take safety precautions obvs). Then go 4 chunks north. Do it again. Repeat.

Don't fall into your holes later.[DOUBLEPOST=1413989709][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys, silly question: iirc BC has an incredibly lame 1x1 mining drill. Has anyone tried it on GT ores? It could actually be really useful now if it works.

Not tried the build craft mining drill as of yet. I think it'd be better finding a ore vein then plopping that on the surface to work its way through. If it works on GT ores I'm giving this a go tonight!!

What ores does it work/not work on?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not tried the build craft mining drill as of yet. I think it'd be better finding a ore vein then plopping that on the surface to work its way through. If it works on GT ores I'm giving this a go tonight!!

What ores does it work/not work on?
No idea. But the IC2 miner uses a special mining mechanic with white/black listing features and totally fails on GT ores.

I'm hoping the BC version just mines like a pickaxe.

I'll try it too if I beat you to it in 5-6 hours. I figure if it works, you can make like 30 of the damn things and just drop them in a grid pattern. I wonder how best to power them.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. But the IC2 miner uses a special mining mechanic with white/black listing features and totally fails on GT ores.

I'm hoping the BC version just mines like a pickaxe.

I'll try it too if I beat you to it in 5-6 hours. I figure if it works, you can make like 30 of the damn things and just drop them in a grid pattern. I wonder how best to power them.
Damn the IC2 miner!

It should work but powering them... Does BC use MJ or RF now? I can't keep track :p

Is its RF then the enderIO generator would be the best thing I can think of although you'd need a battery of the things powering them or capacitors

If it's MJ then it's not realistically possiblE IMO because they don't have any Mass-production power machines only crappy engines.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Damn the IC2 miner!

It should work but powering them... Does BC use MJ or RF now? I can't keep track :p

Is its RF then the enderIO generator would be the best thing I can think of although you'd need a battery of the things powering them or capacitors

If it's MJ then it's not realistically possiblE IMO because they don't have any Mass-production power machines only crappy engines.

Oi there, here's what you (possibly) do to fix the IC2 miner:
1. In the infitech 2 folder go to minecraft->config, then find the one called "IC2.ini"
2. Find the strings
Code:
Comma separated list with ores the miner should harvest.

; Format: <name>[@metadata], e.g. minecraft:torch, minecraft:chest

; The metadata * will match any, e.g. minecraft:log@*.

; Ore dictionary entries can be specified with OreDict:<ore dict name> as the name.
additionalValuableOres =
3. Add the gregtech ores.
4. ???
5. profit, at least in terms of ore

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Oi there, here's what you (possibly) do to fix the IC2 miner:
1. In the infitech 2 folder go to minecraft->config, then find the one called "IC2.ini"
2. Find the strings
Code:
Comma separated list with ores the miner should harvest.

; Format: <name>[@metadata], e.g. minecraft:torch, minecraft:chest

; The metadata * will match any, e.g. minecraft:log@*.

; Ore dictionary entries can be specified with OreDict:<ore dict name> as the name.
additionalValuableOres =
3. Add the gregtech ores.
4. ???
5. profit, at least in terms of ore

At the same time though that's cheating because if greg hasn't added its he's done that for a reason so I'd rather not go messing with the balance (that's up to Jason but it would be very op if he did add them).