Transfer SSP world to SMP Server

Xilica

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been playing on the Monster Pack with my friend over local network and it's great when we're both on campus but he can't play when he's at his place and I'm at mine. From what I understand, running a server over hamachi is fine, but I'd like to set up a dedicated server on my home network and port-foward it or something to allow him and one or two others to access it as well. That technical stuff, I can handle fine or deal with later. The real issue is that we'd like to keep the progress we've made on the SSP world when we transfer to the server. I think that it'd be as easy as copying the world folder to the server's world folder and it'd be set and done but he's doubting that.

So ultimately, my question is: Is it practical or possible to transfer or copy the SSP world to the server and not lose any progress?

Thanks in advance for all of your time and for any replies.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been playing on the Monster Pack with my friend over local network and it's great when we're both on campus but he can't play when he's at his place and I'm at mine. From what I understand, running a server over hamachi is fine, but I'd like to set up a dedicated server on my home network and port-foward it or something to allow him and one or two others to access it as well. That technical stuff, I can handle fine or deal with later. The real issue is that we'd like to keep the progress we've made on the SSP world when we transfer to the server. I think that it'd be as easy as copying the world folder to the server's world folder and it'd be set and done but he's doubting that.

So ultimately, my question is: Is it practical or possible to transfer or copy the SSP world to the server and not lose any progress?

Thanks in advance for all of your time and for any replies.
Everything placed down in the world will be just fine. There's a possibility that player inventories won't come over correctly (I've never tried this exact situation) but you can prevent problems there by dumping all your gear into chests before moving the world.

putty mcswing

Jul 29, 2019
I've done it a number of times without issue. Just dump all the files from the relevant save into the world folder for the server.