Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Your example of Advanced Machines is not fixing a deficiency, the IC2 devs decided that ONLY an induction furnace was balanced, they didn't want a macerator equivalent, that was an ACTIVE desicion. This is why addons exist, and why people say 'go use minetweaker' if you think the recipes are bad or a feature is missing. ALL mod devs do this.
To the very best of my knowledge, you are incorrect here; the rest of the "advanced" machines were always intended to be added; they were not basically because "someone already did it so why should we?"

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, you are incorrect. It has been requested several times for them to be integrated, each time responded with a no. Not to mention the fact the IC2 gets a new build almost once a day, so don't you think they would have added it by now?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The thing is that those 'problems' are not problems, they are just design choices that certain people don't agree with. And the entire mod isn't going to change for a few people that don't like one particular thing. Heck, even if 90% of the fanbase (or "fanbase" for the matter) want something, that doesn't mean it needs to be added to the mod, since the developers may still disagree with it since it doesn't fit the creative vision, for example. Your example of Advanced Machines is not fixing a deficiency, the IC2 devs decided that ONLY an induction furnace was balanced, they didn't want a macerator equivalent, that was an ACTIVE desicion. This is why addons exist, and why people say 'go use minetweaker' if you think the recipes are bad or a feature is missing. ALL mod devs do this.
Agreed. Had that a few times with my Morrowind modding "career". The suggestions didn't fit my vision for the mod (and in many cases, the suggestions were total rubbish...)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
BygiQmZCAAAt3BC.png

Are those the new vanilla bunnies? If so, I'd instantly download a mod that disables them, they are just so yuck!

Theres a mob/spawn control mod or 2 for that.
Personally I want to squash them into cubes and put them through a macerator.