didn't know where to ask this, sorry if its in a bad area

GantradiesDracos

Jul 29, 2019
well..err.. this might be a bit of a weird question, but i hang on a Techworld 2 server, and i was wondering if wed be allowed to fiddle around with modifying the last version of TW2 as some of teh component mods are updated until the new tech pack is out?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
<sarcasm>
No, you cannot modify modpacks.
</sarcasm>

OK, back to playing my DW20 modpack with big reactors, blood magic, damage indicators, and armor status hud, carpenters blocks, iguana tweaks, chisel, and botania.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
well..err.. this might be a bit of a weird question, but i hang on a Techworld 2 server, and i was wondering if wed be allowed to fiddle around with modifying the last version of TW2 as some of teh component mods are updated until the new tech pack is out?

You can mess with modpacks all you want.. just if something breaks you cant blame the creators

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

GantradiesDracos

Jul 29, 2019
>.<
was afraid my question would sound stupid. i don't know much about the rights and so forth, and the last time i looked up something like this , it was running a page through google translate about how installing a game protected by starforce gave starforce the right to destroy my DVDRW drive X_X

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
sure, but you wasnt asking if it was ok to modify a protected game, you was asking about modifying a set of modifications to a modified game. also, theres a huge topic in mod discussion about what mods people like to add to dw20.

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
>.<
was afraid my question would sound stupid. i don't know much about the rights and so forth, and the last time i looked up something like this , it was running a page through google translate about how installing a game protected by starforce gave starforce the right to destroy my DVDRW drive X_X

That's alright no harm done... And before trying to modify any game you should look at its license

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
That's alright no harm done... And before trying to modify any game you should look at its license

While this point is true (and sad, what morons forbid modding besides peasants) a modpack is pretty much the same as mods. You have mods, go crazy. Pack creators cannot really control that.

Reactions: pc_assassin