Not sure why, FTB seems to be running but no changes to World.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is right place to post.

Two nights ago I finally got around to booting up FTB on new computer, its been 18 months to year since I last ran it. It seemed to be working fine, lots of new tree's ores etc in world, no monsters seemed to be spawning but things seemed to be working.

Yesterday FTB launcher did a download and I could not find my old world, when I create a new world it seems to be a basic minecraft world. To my knowledge I have not changed any settings all the mods seem loaded and I have several of the game tools present and can spawn the new stuff. I have map overlay and new monsters ect as well which I didn't have the first day, so I am confused. Is there something simple I missed, would it be easier to just download everything again?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
FTB, and MC in general, doesn't save maps between computers. You will need to manually transfer the map to the new computer. Also, if you do this, make sure it's running the correct pack or it'll break.

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
The map was made on the new computer just two days ago. The problem is not only the map is not present, but that new maps do not seem to be generating the correct content, no of the bonus trees, no extra ore types, no berry bushes, the grass only produces wheat seeds ect. So two days ago I started a map and had the following.

2 Days ago.
- Bonus Ore/Minerals.
- Bonus Trees and plants.
- No monster spawns
- limited UI mods (I had access to the extra items and that but could not change the day/night, creative/survival ect and no mini map overlay).

Yesterday and Today
- No access to previous saves/worlds.
- No bonus ores, minerals, trees, in new worlds generated.
- Now have monsters.
- Full UI mods

I have not to my knowledge changed any settings and all mods seem to be active in both launcher and in minecraft from what I can tell.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The map was made on the new computer just two days ago. The problem is not only the map is not present, but that new maps do not seem to be generating the correct content, no of the bonus trees, no extra ore types, no berry bushes, the grass only produces wheat seeds ect. So two days ago I started a map and had the following.

2 Days ago.
- Bonus Ore/Minerals.
- Bonus Trees and plants.
- No monster spawns
- limited UI mods (I had access to the extra items and that but could not change the day/night, creative/survival ect and no mini map overlay).

Yesterday and Today
- No access to previous saves/worlds.
- No bonus ores, minerals, trees, in new worlds generated.
- Now have monsters.
- Full UI mods

I have not to my knowledge changed any settings and all mods seem to be active in both launcher and in minecraft from what I can tell.

Sounds like you changed modpack.

You can also see which one you used the other day by opening the FTB folder. It creates a new folder for each modpack, with the name of the pack.

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge I have not changed any settings, and from what I can tell all the mods are being loaded, there are no additional mods outside of the ftb suite for lack of a better word. So there is nothing for me to change, and it makes no sense that the new worlds are lacking the appropriate content either. I will download both minecraft and ftb again and see if that gets things working.[DOUBLEPOST=1409208139][/DOUBLEPOST]I am not to concerned about loosing the save game its just a symptom of what is happening, it was only a day of play, more concerned about not being able to create worlds with the FTB content even though the Mods are loaded.

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
I have reinstalled and seem to have the same issue still, where is the FTB data stored, there is a minecraft entry in documents and the main data which I have at C:\games\minecraft. Anywhere else?[DOUBLEPOST=1409209957][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah appdata

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, I cleared out all the FTB and Minecraft Data and reinstalled and the worlds generated still lack any additional content.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
when you start minecraft and se the startscreen where you can choose between singel an multiplayer..
down in the left corner, it should say how many mods are installed..

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I seem to have some of the additional ores going now.
Which mod does the berries various fancie seeds from grass and various new types of trees?

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
24 mods loaded one with 5 child mods...

Which match the 24 listed in the launcher.[DOUBLEPOST=1409213752][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, it seems that Natura is missing, that had the blue berries... is that a stand alone mod in FTB, is it packaged in another mod, or is it now 3rd party? I am not sure because I only had basic FTB three days ago when I had them.

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
When creating a world I only have the option of well I guess Normal, Large Biomes, and SuperFlat. I am sure I had other options 3 days ago.

BHW

Jul 29, 2019
I solved it, I switch off and back to monster pack and its working now.