Modifying My Old PC

PoweringGravity

Jul 29, 2019

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably want to get a quad core chip instead so you don't get lag spikes when the server does garbage collection or you run tasks in the background. Depending on the server size, you may also want to increase the memory to 16GB. The video card will be fine, if its in your budget you may want to get a 760 or 270X instead just for a bit higher FPS.

PoweringGravity

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably want to get a quad core chip instead so you don't get lag spikes when the server does garbage collection or you run tasks in the background. Depending on the server size, you may also want to increase the memory to 16GB. The video card will be fine, if its in your budget you may want to get a 760 or 270X instead just for a bit higher FPS.
Im getitng a 760ti to overclock it, and the server won't be lagged out because the people that are joining it will not be afar from me they live in the same city as me

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
760Ti is junk, its worse than the normal 760. Also, just because latency will be good doesn't mean server performance will be good, especially if you are running a client on the same machine.