[WIP] Tainted World mod. You against the purple. Concept post

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
If HQM has its way, you very well could do just that, Nfrance. I do agree that I hope for that sort of thing as well. I want to play around as the goody two shoes and the evil SOB.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you could make it an option to do the reverse of purifying everything, but instead corrupting "yourself" it's something I haven't really seen with Thaumcraft stuff, and that is the taint would be your ally in a sense. Think Evil Overlord that lives in a castle inside of a evil fogy bog feel, for other people the bog is bad, for Mr. Bad guy it's good. Also tainted things would either be neutral or friendly to you. Except creepers. Because creepers.
Maybe there could be a map where there are two teams, a tainted and a pure one.

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, the story of Tainted World starts after the evil master mind has gone and blown himself into the void. You get to try to clean up the mess he left behind.

Hrrm. Although you guys have gotten me thinking in a dungeon keeper sort of vein. An asymmetric multiplayer map where one player is a dungeon keeper and has to manufacture all the monsters to send after the "Hero" players. It be a doozy of a mod that for sure.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
:/ it says in the lore that taint is the physical manifestation, and warp is the mental one.
Exactly. Warp is a mental instability based on trying to understand things you aren't meant to know. Taint is basically the sewage of misused magic. Pollution is hardly forbidden knowledge.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
"if warp is the physical manifestation of magic gone wrong, then flux is its physical manifestation" - the bible thaumonomicon
umm... both are physical? ._.
warp and taint are tied, yes, but one doesn't cause the other.
warp is mental instability caused by magic while taint is a creeping disease that is chaotic magic.

thaumcraft is based off of the ars magica role playing game. many concepts can be loosely tied. warp being one.

EDIT: ars magica wiki link