[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

BeardedMage

Jul 29, 2019
Problems with Quests:
Creosote Bottle does not register for completion
Industrial Fertilizer does not register for completion (if you use a composter to make it)
Mad Lab is at 0,0,0 - impossible to access
Some of the spawn eggs just say "Spawn" unsure if this is on purpose or not

I am currently playing through this pack and I agree with the others have said. The balance is off. I use all my iron to make 10 generators and I only get back 3? Why? Same with the ingots. I make 3 stacks to get less than 1 stack back. Why do I make a tool forge with 4 blocks of iron and then have to turn it in and not get it back?

Why do you have a quest to turn in a diamond when you get diamonds for the reward before hand? It is completely pointless. Why are some of the prizes wood planks and bags? Who in their right mind would choose planks over a bag?

The map is fun - the quests are fun. But the issues need to be corrected and the balance needs to be adjusted.

*Edit: Looks like some of the quests were fixed recently

Last edited:

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
I totally agree with what Atomicwaffles said here. Quest should be rewarding, not tedious.

I recently restarted and mostly ignored the quests at first because they didn't help me get started in the beginning of the game. It wasn't until I had a working farm that would keep me alive and a nice smeltery that I started them. I think the worst for me was creating the Tool Forge and then not getting it back. Being able to make tools that take out 3x3 area or a whole tree far outweigh the next 5 or 6 rewards that you get. So I stop questing there.

Oh and the power tools quest is borked atm. It won't recognize the power shoes.

But all that said I still think this pack is great and fun. I just think the beginner quests should be easier or more helpful. I don't mind wasting time doing the longer/harder quests that open up afterword.

I strongly suggest you re-evaluate the difficulty, and what the requirements to complete the quests are. Building a generator early game is good. Building 10 is silly, only to consume 7 of them after is just spiteful. Even with a smeltery you go through mountains of iron. The alloy quest is just icing on the cake to making the quests frustrating, not fun. This isn't end game Agrarian Skies where you are trying to produce some ungodly amount of MacGuffin A, this is still early game. You should try to speed up the early game, not slow it down.

You have a good concept here, but a lot of clarity is needed. Keep in mind that questing is to reward the player for doing things they normally wouldn't do, allowing them to learn along the way. At least in early game. For instance, I remembered that I still dislike Industrial Craft. Make far more of your quests auto detect on build. Telling a player that gizmo A is awesome, and is totally worth the time to build, despite a high cost for early game (tool forge) then consuming it is kinda mean.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just pointing out that you really need to look at the balance. I would love to play it again at that point, but for now I'm going to toss my small mountain of False Diamonds into some lava, then jump in after them. Seriously, I have 7.

And before anyone says it's just too hard, it's not. It's tedious. Tedious != hard. I loves me a challenge. ;)

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly suggest you re-evaluate the difficulty, and what the requirements to complete the quests are. Building a generator early game is good. Building 10 is silly, only to consume 7 of them after is just spiteful. Even with a smeltery you go through mountains of iron. The alloy quest is just icing on the cake to making the quests frustrating, not fun. This isn't end game Agrarian Skies where you are trying to produce some ungodly amount of MacGuffin A, this is still early game. You should try to speed up the early game, not slow it down.

You have a good concept here, but a lot of clarity is needed. Keep in mind that questing is to reward the player for doing things they normally wouldn't do, allowing them to learn along the way. At least in early game. For instance, I remembered that I still dislike Industrial Craft. Make far more of your quests auto detect on build. Telling a player that gizmo A is awesome, and is totally worth the time to build, despite a high cost for early game (tool forge) then consuming it is kinda mean.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just pointing out that you really need to look at the balance. I would love to play it again at that point, but for now I'm going to toss my small mountain of False Diamonds into some lava, then jump in after them. Seriously, I have 7.

And before anyone says it's just too hard, it's not. It's tedious. Tedious != hard. I loves me a challenge. ;)
I'll look into making things a bit easier.

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the pack again seeing the fixed vanilla tool crafting, and the Flubber quest. got as far as Machines Everywhere quest and carn't craft a vanilla iron axe for the sawmill. Am I missing something, or using the wrong pack(v 1.2.1)?

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the pack again seeing the fixed vanilla tool crafting, and the Flubber quest. got as far as Machines Everywhere quest and carn't craft a vanilla iron axe for the sawmill. Am I missing something, or using the wrong pack(v 1.2.1)?
you should be able to craft the axe if you can craft other vanilla tools...

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
New update submitted, should be out later this week. Here's the changelog.

Update 1.2.2

Lotta config changes

-vanilla tool issue officially fixed
-quests became less tedious and more fun
-tool forge quest now gives tool forge
-ingot quest now gives back 48 of the 64 ingots instead of 32
-generator quest now asks for 4 generators and gives all 4 back. I have 0 clue why I asked for 10.
-quests had locations edited
-Mad Lab now has a location
-Chunk Error Falls now has a location
-1 new quest added as a gift to those personally affected by previous versions. :)

BeardedMage

Jul 29, 2019
For a server, would you just need to save the HQM files for each user and then overwrite everything else (aside from the map region) once the update happens?

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
For a server, would you just need to save the HQM files for each user and then overwrite everything else (aside from the map region) once the update happens?
You should just be able to delete the old config, and add the new one. Progress in HQM is a believe stored in the world file, not the configs. I will never do a world reset for this modpack so the map will stay the same every time.

Tyqae

Jul 29, 2019
Question, though you don't need to spoil if you don't want. When you say 'quests became less tedious and more fun' for the 1.2.2 update, is that a full change? Because I threw my hands up at the generator quest and then threw in the towel at whatever was after that one and started to cheat to look ahead... and I was not happy. I felt no incentive to play on, both for sheer.. insaneness.. and lack of rewards for every quest thereafter. (Insaneness is a much nicer word than I was using the other night when I was raging by the way :) )

If so, I may give this pack another go, however I will certainly cheat at first to check before feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football...then I'll play it properly :p

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Question, though you don't need to spoil if you don't want. When you say 'quests became less tedious and more fun' for the 1.2.2 update, is that a full change? Because I threw my hands up at the generator quest and then threw in the towel at whatever was after that one and started to cheat to look ahead... and I was not happy. I felt no incentive to play on, both for sheer.. insaneness.. and lack of rewards for every quest thereafter. (Insaneness is a much nicer word than I was using the other night when I was raging by the way :) )

If so, I may give this pack another go, however I will certainly cheat at first to check before feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football...then I'll play it properly :p
It's not a full change. The beginner's quests are updated. For example, the generator quest now only needs 4 and gives you back 4.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a full change. The beginner's quests are updated. For example, the generator quest now only needs 4 and gives you back 4.
The map and modpack is supposed to be challenging but it is also very rewarding. Most quests give a reward bag and even basic reward bags give you useful supplies. If there are quests you truly have an issue with, post them here and I'll make sure they're not anti-op.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Updated initial post a bit to shorten the length using handy dandy spoilers. Also updated the video playthroughs. Definitely check out my man AntallPlayz, his videos of my series are hilarious. Once again if you have videos you would like to advertise through me please let me know and I will post them here in the main post.

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
On the "Advance Farming" quest, it will not accept the Intricate Circuit Board manually or through the QDS, same for "Potential or Kinetic" quest will not accept the Redstone Energy Cell, full or empty

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, if I look at the launcher, I still only see 1.0 and 1.1 listed. I thought you did an update last week and have another planned this week. Do you have any idea when / if they will be put up there?

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
so, if I look at the launcher, I still only see 1.0 and 1.1 listed. I thought you did an update last week and have another planned this week. Do you have any idea when / if they will be put up there?
An update has been sent to them. My guess is by the end of today it will be updated. They update modpack Thursdays and Fridays.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
An update has been sent to them. My guess is by the end of today it will be updated. They update modpack Thursdays and Fridays.
Oh yeah, I understand that. but you did an update last week didn't you? I never saw that one either. Wondering if something got screwed up along the way. I have 1.1 installed from 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for the update to start over again. Oh well. thanks anyways....

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I understand that. but you did an update last week didn't you? I never saw that one either. Wondering if something got screwed up along the way. I have 1.1 installed from 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for the update to start over again. Oh well. thanks anyways....
Try updating the launcher.