3rd party mod pack tab

squikin

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Magnificent Creators,

I have enjoyed a lot of your mod pack over the last couple of years. I was wondering why you have decided to make a separate tab for the 3rd Party Mod packs. I find it inconvenient. By default, the launcher always opens to the FTB Mod Pack tab. In my haste to log on, I frequently load Monster (one of my favorite FTB Mod Packs) instead of TPPI which is the pack I am currently experimenting with. I have to wait several minutes for my computer to load Monster, then close it and reopen carefully to load TPPI in the 3rd Party Mod Packs. Is there a way to make whichever pack I most recently logging onto the default when I open the launch? It gets me every time. Thanks for your thoughts!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Magnificent Creators,

I have enjoyed a lot of your mod pack over the last couple of years. I was wondering why you have decided to make a separate tab for the 3rd Party Mod packs. I find it inconvenient. By default, the launcher always opens to the FTB Mod Pack tab. In my haste to log on, I frequently load Monster (one of my favorite FTB Mod Packs) instead of TPPI which is the pack I am currently experimenting with. I have to wait several minutes for my computer to load Monster, then close it and reopen carefully to load TPPI in the 3rd Party Mod Packs. Is there a way to make whichever pack I most recently logging onto the default when I open the launch? It gets me every time. Thanks for your thoughts!

because there were so many modpacks that the list grew very long, making it annoying for people to look for the packs
best you could do is downgrade your launcher to a version that doesn't have the 3rd party tab yet

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
It would be a really, really nice improvement if the third party tab would at least be selected by default if that is what you used last. I can't tell you how many times I have launched a random official pack (and had to download and install it!) because I forgot to switch to the third party tab before hitting launch. It is a lot of extra clicking and if you forget its a long load time (esp if you do not have a great machine) just to have to close the client and start all over again.

Reactions: SatanicSanta