1.7.2 + Linux server creation possible?

DaiGalean

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks, I did a search on here and in Google but so far I have found nothing worth using to go about setting up a server with 1.7.2 and up with mods.

Now as I have only ever used a pre-installed server from FTB Monster.
Is it even possible to set up a personal 1.7.2 server our a standalone server for myself and my partner to play? And if it is possible I for the life of me have not figured out how to add the mods It keeps telling me I have a vanilla server not mods loaded.

I know I have completely missed something simple.

Any help is truly appreciated

Regards
DarrenS

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked FTB will be on 1.6.4 fr a few more months at least. But for 1.7.2 it should be the exact same setup just with the 1.7.2 versions of the mods and forge. I haven't messed with it yet though.

DaiGalean

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Connor.

I do have one question then. I have done what I could find on creating a linux server but for the life of me I can not get the server to load the mods. Is there something special that needs to be done when creating a pack or is there a guide on how this is done?

Regards
Darren.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
get latest forge installed for/on 1.7.2 . start server clean. does it load ? good. add mod 1 by 1 and config id's. do this till you are done or get a crush :) . or just use FTB configs. mods should update config with new items and id's . you will probably have to fix allot if ID conflicts. but is better then to start from 0

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
get latest forge installed for/on 1.7.2 . start server clean. does it load ? good. add mod 1 by 1 and config id's. do this till you are done or get a crush :) . or just use FTB configs. mods should update config with new items and id's . you will probably have to fix allot if ID conflicts. but is better then to start from 0
No ID conflicts in 1.7.

Stilleraben

Jul 29, 2019
As a linux server administrator, this is really easy, make sure you are running the forge-*.jar instead of the vanilla minecraft one. They are two separate things but both jars need to be there for anything post 1.6.4