Lagginess while playing Monster...

LordKhaos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, there is some lag being cause by some unknown reason. The console keeps giving me the message "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" I'm not sure what is causing this, but I know that it started happening when I loaded the game later after having to have shut it down as it got stuck at "Shutting Down Internal Server"

I originally thought it was one of my various systems I built, but after shutting the majority of them down nothing had changed.

*edit* Well it seems there was something corrupted in the last save, so I when back to a previous backup. Sucks that I lost some work, but I can deal with it.

Last edited:

LordKhaos

Jul 29, 2019
No it's not... And now I know what is really causing it. Apparently pumping too much RF into an ME Controller from a Tesseract is what is causing the lag. It wasn't giving me that message constantly until I did that again.

LordKhaos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, apparently that wasn't it either... Ugh this block lag is so bad... My QuarryPlus moves like 5-6 blocks in bursts with a few seconds pause between. Never done that before, and I would like to know why because I don't feel like starting over after putting 20 hours into this save already.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
From what you are saying.
Something is taking up alot of time in your server and making it lose TPS resulting in bursts of annoyances.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
can you post logs? we need more details to help.

Is this on a dedicated server/vps, or a server on your PC? How much ram do you have allocated? How is your cpu use, etc?

Reactions: Padfoote

LordKhaos

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've found out what was causing the issue... Apparently there was a clog in one of the itemducts that transports charcoal to my steam dynamos. I busted one of them open and MILLIONS of charcoal popped out. Of course the game crash and when I loaded it back up, not only was the charcoal gone, so was the lagginess! I call that a Win-Win, I was phasing out charcoal anyhow.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Are you playing ssp?
If you are, I recommend ChickenBones Translocator mod for keeping a certain amount of items in inventories.
Itemduct are pretty clunky when it comes to supplies.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
The issue can also be solved rather easily by putting on a pneumatic servo on the output and setting the stacksize to 1.

Problem is when the input has room for 1 charcoal, the output will try to send a whole stack.

That might not give problems for a while, but all of a sudden, you can have a lot of items in a itemduct

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utils Transfer nodes and pipes are superior to itemducts in some cases. You can easily open its buffer that is 1 inventory slot, and it cannot get stuffed.

LordKhaos

Jul 29, 2019
Are you playing ssp?
If you are, I recommend ChickenBones Translocator mod for keeping a certain amount of items in inventories.
Itemduct are pretty clunky when it comes to supplies.

I'm starting to notice that, luckily I replaced that huge treefarm power generator for a BigReactors reactor... So from now on I will only be using itemducts for small operations, like what Im with my Extractor/Redstone furnace setup. As for Translocator, I may check that out thanks!

Extra utils Transfer nodes and pipes are superior to itemducts in some cases. You can easily open its buffer that is 1 inventory slot, and it cannot get stuffed.

I did consider using the transfer nodes at first, but then I found the itemduct can be scene through and were not as ugly as buildcraft pipes.

Anyways, thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You also could use EnderIO item conduits. They function a bit similar to transfer nodes, they transfer items instantly. However they are a bit expensive to craft, especially the empowered ones.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft modders update their mods constantly to fix bugs. Meanwhile over at Thermal Expansion land, nobody can be bothered.