World unloading issue

LinxFeeds

Jul 29, 2019
I have been running a 1.5.2 FTB unleashed server for a while now and i updated to the 1.6.4 direwolf20 pack. everything was fine till I realised that the server was running on 94% of the allocated ram but it did not seem laggy to me.

I did /cofh tps and saw that all the worlds were loaded. so i installed MCPC+ and set the worlds to auto unload if no one is in them and to not load on server start up or restart.

This did not work and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has fixed it.

To recap - I want to only load worlds if people are in them and for the worlds to not load on server start or restart.

Thanks everyone

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
I have been running a 1.5.2 FTB unleashed server for a while now and i updated to the 1.6.4 direwolf20 pack. everything was fine till I realised that the server was running on 94% of the allocated ram but it did not seem laggy to me.

I did /cofh tps and saw that all the worlds were loaded. so i installed MCPC+ and set the worlds to auto unload if no one is in them and to not load on server start up or restart.

This did not work and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has fixed it.

To recap - I want to only load worlds if people are in them and for the worlds to not load on server start or restart.

Thanks everyone

Seems really annoying!

Thankfully this issue has happened to me before!

I managed to fix it easily by forcing to unload chunks by using a plugin called ClearLag! Download and Install this plugin http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/clearlagg/files/34-clear-lag-v2-6-0/

Then restart your server.

Then use the command /lag You should get something like this
mGvDf.png

Now write the command /lagg unloadchunks

Then use the command /lag and you should see a difference with the amount of chunks loaded. If not then contact your hosting provider or make a server backup and re install the server completely!

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
By default all worlds in minecraft are loaded on startup, how much ram do you have on your server btw? Mod packs in 1.6.4 are outrageous, monster for example is know to use almost 5GB of ram with a new world.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
By default all worlds in minecraft are loaded on startup, how much ram do you have on your server btw? Mod packs in 1.6.4 are outrageous, monster for example is know to use almost 5GB of ram with a new world.

Since when? My monster server idles at around 2-2.5 GB...it uses a lot, but I've never seen 5gb for a new world. (unless of course you set your max ram limit too high...in which case it'll try to use everything you allow it to).

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Since when? My monster server idles at around 2-2.5 GB...it uses a lot, but I've never seen 5gb for a new world. (unless of course you set your max ram limit too high...in which case it'll try to use everything you allow it to).
My monster server uses 16GB if RAM on average :p