Redpower 2 Frame Machines

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kairuni

Jul 29, 2019
Searched, didn't see a thread for it, so! Here's a thread for Redpower 2 frame machines.

railway2.jpg

Building a lengthy connecting railway.. with style.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Nice... anyway you could give people a more detail set of shots of the device itself.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Meet ImperialismBot. It combines the functionalities of an oil rig and a Predator drone.

It can either extract oil and then teleport it to a central refinery or destroy the homes of disobedient natives with a very large green magical laser. Here, it is in the process of liberating oil. ImperialismBot brings peace and prosperity.

It is controlled wirelessly from a bunker using ComputerCraft software.

20130315012200.png

The core engine and control software are based upon this design, with some minor modifications. This is not my tutorial.

Yes, yes it is supposed to look vaguely like a Death Star. The resemblance is striking when the arcane bore is firing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
also impressive... but guys shots form far away why they do show off your over all device.

What really is impressive is details. How it guts look. you know that machines that make it a machine.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
also impressive... but guys shots form far away why they do show off your over all device.

What really is impressive is details. How it guts look. you know that machines that make it a machine.

The guts look very much like... guts. There's wiring and frames and random machinery just kind of everywhere and it is so cramped that it is hard to take good screenshots of my hackish engineering anyway. If you want to understand how the heck this thing flies then you're much better off with the tutorial video I linked. This is (more or less) that, wrapped in a 13-diameter sphere.

It has also been modified further since this screenshot was taken because one redstone engine wasn't enough for the pump. Try two. Also, the liquid tesseract over the pump will only transmit fluid if both it and the receiver are set to "send/receive" and I have no idea why.

20130315012424.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I already understand the basics of frame machines. but not everyone does. And while yes that video is one I point people to it does not really go into details about all the stuff that you add to the basic 6 way worm drive.

Not so much for the sphere as it only has the pump and bore but like the OP his build looks like it is layed out nice and Im sure people would be interstied in how he does his breaker/deployer set up.

Frame machines are more then just a wormdrive while that is the main heart of them there is so much more to them and any thread on the subject I would hope would be more then just galmour shots of the device from far off.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Started an ultimate world a night or two ago. First mod blocks i made were the AE hand grinder thing and an alloy furnace. Going to start my fleet of frame ship(s) shortly.

Planning multiple platforms with the bottom mining platform being about 25x25 with 9 properly spaced IC2 miners. Platforms above that for all the survival needs. In my head the platforms will fit together, but not link up frames to work around the 1000 block limit (i know i can change in the config, but want to play without customizing configs).

The whole multi-platform ship will have full 6 way movement -- plan here is to use MFFS block breaker mode to clear the path for all the platforms in the direction of movement. Plan to be above sea level mostly, so the MFFS block breaker destroying blocks should not remove anything truly valuable. I plan to be adventuring in the area of the ship anyway to grab any available loot/alters etc. Super end game might look into TC3 tunnel bores to clear the paths for the ship, but that might not be too precise.

First platform I will build looks like it will be for my bed and some farms -- my additional challenge for this world is to not impact the landscape, so no terraforming for a starting farm, no branch mining, just surface caving (and once i have the first miner/drill no more hand mining).

Solar does not work well with moving frames and i used them in my last world, so going nuclear power for IC2. Undecided on MJ power.

Its something to do .... :p

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019
Meet ImperialismBot. It combines the functionalities of an oil rig and a Predator drone.

It can either extract oil and then teleport it to a central refinery or destroy the homes of disobedient natives with a very large green magical laser. Here, it is in the process of liberating oil. ImperialismBot brings peace and prosperity.

It is controlled wirelessly from a bunker using ComputerCraft software.

20130315012200.png

The core engine and control software are based upon this design, with some minor modifications. This is not my tutorial.

Yes, yes it is supposed to look vaguely like a Death Star. The resemblance is striking when the arcane bore is firing.

WOW! I tried the same thing! Except I didn't properly connect the frames, and it split in half when I tested it XD
I'm currently in the process of building an awesome "mining" airship on a survival server, so stay tuned for pictures >:D

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
WOW! I tried the same thing! Except I didn't properly connect the frames, and it split in half when I tested it XD
I'm currently in the process of building an awesome "mining" airship on a survival server, so stay tuned for pictures >:D
Yeah so in the video, he uses a program which uses numpad. Did you use the same program? If you used your own, could you put it on pastebin with a link? :D that would be much appreciated as I haven't got a numpad on my laptop, and I haven't got the foggiest on how to do lua :p

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah so in the video, he uses a program which uses numpad. Did you use the same program? If you used your own, could you put it on pastebin with a link? :D that would be much appreciated as I haven't got a numpad on my laptop, and I haven't got the foggiest on how to do lua :p

ImperialismBot's software was never fully developed due to a map reset obliterating everything. However, if you need some help...

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/forum/12-programs/

<*///><

Jul 29, 2019
That is quite the interesting miner you have their I liked how you not only built miners but added torch placers quite the impressive build
Thank you :D
Of course, with the way that ores are distributed, it's not very good, as it'll only get whatever ores are in those particular layers.
My latest creation was lightly based on Direwolf's use of mining wells. I made a mining rig that could move in 2 dimensions, so it dug to bedrock in the same kind of pattern that a quarry digs a level. Maybe not the most effective way of mining, but it was fun to build :D

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have 3 different frame machines operating on 3 different Ages, all with different designs.

Here's my version of Direwolf20's mining well machine...

lw8XcD7.jpg

WYUAl4g.jpg

This uses a 6-axis engine, and is computer-controlled from the Overworld.

The 6-axis engine is an EG-Drive Mk6.4 (the plans can be found in youtube).

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, here's the link to my favorite airship engine, complete with pastebin codes for computer control:
Unfortunately, I can't get pictures of my airship on the server, as it became bugged, (3/4 of the frames disappear) and I can't afford to replace them. I will take pictures of my other single-player airships though, so expect those soon.

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some pictures of one of my airships, which was inspired partly by the death star. This is my 3rd attempt at such a vessel, which finally worked. The first one was too big to move, and the second one split in half upon moving. Anywho, here's some pictures of the current iteration. You may also see my fancy new space station in the background, where the main controls are located.

Attachments

• 2013-05-29_14.50.17.png
    2013-05-29_14.50.17.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2013-05-29_14.50.20.png
    2013-05-29_14.50.20.png
    525.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 2013-05-29_14.50.25.png
    2013-05-29_14.50.25.png
    419.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 2013-05-29_14.51.00.png
    2013-05-29_14.51.00.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 2013-05-29_14.51.04.png
    2013-05-29_14.51.04.png
    410.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2013-05-29_14.51.47.png
    2013-05-29_14.51.47.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2013-05-29_14.51.56.png
    2013-05-29_14.51.56.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 2013-05-29_14.53.13.png
    2013-05-29_14.53.13.png
    296.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 2013-05-29_14.59.48.png
    2013-05-29_14.59.48.png
    662.9 KB · Views: 65

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
WEll done mate, tha
Welp, here's the link to my favorite airship engine, complete with pastebin codes for computer control:
Unfortunately, I can't get pictures of my airship on the server, as it became bugged, (3/4 of the frames disappear) and I can't afford to replace them. I will take pictures of my other single-player airships though, so expect those soon.
Well done mate, that video's already been posted here :p

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pai8r of frame projects underway. All motor units are tested and functional and both builds are awaiting structural completion and control routines. (Video also briefly highlights the filler-built, teleport-proof enderman grinder structure that I just completed.)

First frame vehicle is the Mega-Turtle, a 3-axis (6 direction) mining vehicle featuring a total of 54 arcane bores. Second build is the Mega-Creeper, a 70 block tall creeper 'robot' consisting of 25 individual motor units (300 motors total) to allow for semi-articulated movement.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
If it helps anyone, redpower assemblers can place a block like a deployer without a surface to place it on