Murder at Monocon Game Thread!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hah shitty timing oh well :p

Cheese: if you're legit crost, high-five for totally backstabbing your friends with those most heinous betrayal ever conceived of and executed by man. This makes life a bit easier.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Heh I wonder how goreae resolves ties. Some GMs will toss everyone who got voted into a big hat. And there's a lot of votes spread around.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Hah shitty timing oh well

Cheese: if you're legit crost, high-five for totally backstabbing your friends with those most heinous betrayal ever conceived of and executed by man. This makes life a bit easier.

Technically, we're not on the same team, we just get a convo together and have one shared win condition. There is nothing to stop me screwing them over

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'd just like to remind you guys that the Wasp can only poison people who voted for him at some point or another. If Cheese what Cheese said about my role is true, then it would actually behoove you guys to not vote for me. As it stands, there are a good many of you up for potential poisoning should RNG not lynch me tonight.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So the first day ends. After some incredibly spirited debate, you decide on three candidates to use the wolf tester on. Frederikam, SE37, and sir Cheese. The latter two both had three votes for, but fred only had two. Someone did have some really good points against him, though you forget who. Anyhow, you can't decide between the three, so you decide to leave it to fate. You roll a die, and assign each candidate a number, cheese being 1 and 2, SE37 being 3 and 4, and fred being 5 and six. The die happened to land on two. So you decided to test sir LivingAngryCheese. To everyone's surprise, the test reads POSITIVE. Sir cheese is obviously quite perturbed by this as he knew for a fact that he wasn't a wolf, but you wouldn't listen. It says right there on the tester that he is a wolf. Why would it lie?

So you put him down in standard wolf killing fashion: You hang him of course! After you tighten the noose, kick away the chair, you wait for him to turn. They always turn before they die. Some sort of defence mechanism. You wait a minute. Thirty. An hour. He never turned. You realise you made a terrible mistake and he was in fact not a wolf. Guess the test was wrong, huh? Whoops.

When you searched his room, you found a bunch of identity documents. ID cards, social security, birth certificates, as well as a CROST badge in his safe. Turns out LAC was the Identity Thief all along! So that nonsense he was spouting about CROST being here was true! But were his accusations true? Only time will tell.

So you all went to bed but didn't get much sleep. That would be because in the middle of the night some hooligan decided it would be appropriate to scream bloody murder. Literally. They litterally screamed "BLOODY MURDER!" at the top of their lungs, as well as things like "oh god" and "the pain! The unbearable pain!". Really quite a ruckus.

You go to the source if this tomfoolery and find sir Frederikam dead in his room. Upon searching it, you find nothing incriminating at all. A few photos of his family, monocon registration papers, a few novelty monocles. He seemed to have just been a chap.

Vote Summary: http://pastebin.com/fpFnetXk

• LAC, SE37 and frederikam were tied for the lynch!
  • frederikam was secretly voted for by a chap!
  • LAC was lynched! He was an identity thief!
  • Frederikam was killed! He was a Chap!
Begin day 2! I'll set up the dead convo and edit the OP.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have a couple things to say now, in the future, please stop talking after I say I'm compiling the info. That means in the thread and in convos. It's very distracting.

Oh, and I'm also sending out power messages now cause I almost forgot

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hrm. On one hand, we know for the most part who not to lynch. On the other hand, it occurs to me that wolves know who not to murder.

Post recap thoughts:
* I still think Lethosos' drama was stinky.
* I still hate the Wasp
* I really, really hate the idea of wasting another lynch on the Wasp
* I don't like how quiet Vikestep went. So he's stinky too.

I've already voted SE37 once so I don't mind being a trailblazer if we pursue that angle. In fact, I'll just vote SE37 now on the premise that if I get hit by an asteroid on the way home from work at least I'll have a vote on someone.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You must hate us if you really want to go after the Wasp.

I never really wanted to go after a CROST member, but Striking had a hard-on for lynching Cheese, and... Well, ##vote StrikingWolf for wasting my time.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy that we have ID Thief out of the way, didn't want to deal with bad seer reads, and since he naively betrayed without feeding us the info slowly we have everything we need from CROST at least for now. And @LivingAngryCheese my gambit for saying you claimed roles while wolf was a lie in order to see if that would push you to sell out your fellow CROST members early, turns out it worked

Overall a good day for town, only lost a chap and got all CROSTs identified and ID thief down

Reactions: profrags

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You must hate us if you really want to go after the Wasp.

I never really wanted to go after a CROST member, but Striking had a hard-on for lynching Cheese, and... Well, ##vote StrikingWolf for wasting my time.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
If you'll see the post above that was a push to get all the CROSTs identified, not meant to waste time but to speed up identification

However if LAC arranged something with wolves to put villagers as CROST members he'd be heinous indeed

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
NOTE: Frederikam got tied last night because of the extra vote. I mixed up the order in the summary.

It was 2-3-3 but with the extra vote it became 3-3-3. Sorry for any confusion.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just got an odd PM from dylan where he's trying to dig up my role, has no idea what's going on with the wasp, and thinks I have wolfy evidence on him that I don't want to pursue because...I'm...a wolf? (I didn't fully understand that part.)

Dylan, as I said privately:
You're claiming its "suspicious" that I'm not "pushing" players. Voting players with Wasps in play is dangerous. town!you should know this.
You're trying rather obviously to dig out my role.
You claim its suspicious that I didn't pursue (some?) wolfy evidence on you. How the hell does this even make sense? Wouldn't wolf!pyure WANT to pursue evidence on you and get you lynched?
You're clearly not paying attention to the thread. Otherwise you'd know that SE37 is almost certainly the Wasp. You know who doesn't need to pay close attention to details in order to win? WOLVES, DYLAN.

The absolute WORST thing? There is no way in hell town!anyone calls me on any of this privately. And since we have reason to believe you're not neutral, that means....
This is scum behavior. No you can't have my role, I have no reason to give it to you. Dylan's my top wolf. Vote dylan the disastrously wolfy megawolf.

Thank me tomorrow. *drops mic*

Reactions: profrags

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
vote dylan

pyure's evidence is hard to refute, as I may not be available later tonight I want to go ahead and get a vote in, but I do want to hear dylan's side of the story, as that may be valuable later on

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
*picks up mic*
Every single word pyure is uttering out of that microphone is turned and twisted.
He is either trying real hard as Crost or is a rather annoying Wolf.

I'm still waiting on your explanation. And don't go "I don't have to say nothing to a wolf" all on me.
If you do deside to lynch me, go ahead and lynch pyure tomorrow as you see my flip.

Thank me later for finding one of the scum or a real member of the CROST.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
And just to be clear, I ain't voting for you since i'm leading more CROST then scum right now and town gains nothing from lynching CROST. We win from lynching the wolves.