[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
GT has something called covers that lets you use redstone in many different ways. One cover deals with liquid amount being represented by a redstone signal and there is a "machine controller" cover that lets you use redstone to control if a machine with this cover will turn on or off. On multiblocks the machine controller must be on the control-block. I'm pretty sure there is a quest in the book regarding covers and such.

amazing answer. i havent played with gregtech since well before he added in the steam starting machines, etc. ive also been conquering different parts of that book in random order since i want to set things up and the book keeps having me make things i dont need right away. dont get me wrong its a great teacher for somethings but i wish it was sorted a bit different sometimes.

I generally get my vacuos from wooden bowls, but I guess alienis is pretty easy to get if you have a good enderman farm.

its called enderLilly's from the dungeons i got 23 of them on endstone so far.

btw i cant tell you my secret to getting endstone. ;) but i havnt killed the end dragon.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i have a big question do gregtech wires work like ic2 wires? i mean in the way that hv or other kind of wires can carry lv energy and not explode machines?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

i have a big question do gregtech wires work like ic2 wires? i mean in the way that hv or other kind of wires can carry lv energy and not explode machines?
I haven't tried since higher tier materials for wires generally cost more. I guess the cheapest(survival) way to find out is to make a LV battery box and hook it up with one battery inside.... or one could just set it up on a seperate map, spawn in materials and test I suppose ;)
Are you having trouble finding enough tin to make wires with or something? You can find the alternate wires here: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity if you have excess of other metals... or just use TC to transmute other metals into tin ;)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried since higher tier materials for wires generally cost more. I guess the cheapest(survival) way to find out is to make a LV battery box and hook it up with one battery inside.... or one could just set it up on a seperate map, spawn in materials and test I suppose ;)
Are you having trouble finding enough tin to make wires with or something? You can find the alternate wires here: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity if you have excess of other metals... or just use TC to transmute other metals into tin ;)

no no i got lots of metals enough that i can make a lot of blue alloy wire and it has better amperage and less loss compaired to the lead wires i have to use now. i just want to make sure i can use higher tier wires for lower voltage. so i can have less loss... i need to send wires really far away to my farms we live underground and i need them up at our tree farms

lead wires have a loss of 4....

R

Rogash

no no i got lots of metals enough that i can make a lot of blue alloy wire and it has better amperage and less loss compaired to the lead wires i have to use now. i just want to make sure i can use higher tier wires for lower voltage. so i can have less loss... i need to send wires really far away to my farms we live underground and i need them up at our tree farms

lead wires have a loss of 4....
Transport the fuel and generate the power directly where you need it?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Just work around the problem... convert electricity to methane and send that in a BC(or other type of liquid) pipe then have a generator near the farm.. it's way less sensitive to interruptions(when crossing chunk borders) and doesn't have as much loss as sending electricity.

Edit: oh and the loss is per packet anyhow, so 1 Volt loss per meter in a tin cable would be equivalent to a 1 Volt loss per meter in an annealed copper cable... it's just that the maximum voltage can be higher, and as such it's "less loss" but still the same for each "packet"(Ampere) sent though the cables.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Just work around the problem... convert electricity to methane and send that in a BC(or other type of liquid) pipe then have a generator near the farm.. it's way less sensitive to interruptions(when crossing chunk borders) and doesn't have as much loss as sending electricity.

Edit: oh and the loss is per packet anyhow, so 1 Volt loss per meter in a tin cable would be equivalent to a 1 Volt loss per meter in an annealed copper cable... it's just that the maximum voltage can be higher, and as such it's "less loss" but still the same for each "packet"(Ampere) sent though the cables.

fair and sure i should transfer fuel not power. btw i was thinking of using forestry as a farm system early game. mainly for resin, sugarcane and cactus. what is the best way to make rf for that farm? or does gregtech be awesome and allows me to convert?

also i feel like a noob to thaumcraft now what is the max stability effect of the infusion altar? 31x31 square large enough?

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'm pretty sure you can hook up a EnderIO capacitor bank directly to the GT energy net... otherwise you could use steam and use railcraft steam engines to generate RF I suppose. It's been a good while back on this forum but I think I read about someone using the capacitor banks directly tied to GT energy net.

S

Sixpaq

On joevengence's lets play, I just saw him connect a forestry carpenter to GT power and cables and it worked fine. So I assume (hope) the farm would work directly with GT power systems as well. I haven't tried personally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
On joevengence's lets play, I just saw him connect a forestry carpenter to GT power and cables and it worked fine. So I assume (hope) the farm would work directly with GT power systems as well. I haven't tried personally though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you put a link to it?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
also i feel like a noob to thaumcraft now what is the max stability effect of the infusion altar? 31x31 square large enough?
That won't, infusion altar won't count anything more than 8 blocks away so anything bigger than 17x17 is unneeded and you'd need to scale vertically. Theoretically the max stability of the altar is like 110 or something, I worked it out once and can't remember, realistically no recipe has over 11. You can check how stable your altar is with the abacus, anything more than 11 is unneeded given the recipes we've got in the pack.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
ok one big question im trying to auto take oxygen out of a fluid cell... it works but for some reason in the canning machine the oxygen goes to the wrong side so i cant auto output into the arc furnace. any idea why its doing that? do i have to manually pump it out?

nvm it started working after i replaced the block.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
im using steam currently for power, turning it into eu. i got a large boiler seems to make steam a bit faster but its eating my coal faster then my 6 steam coal boilers which make the coal last longer and it keeps up with my system better. so not sure if i should switch over to the large bronze boiler. but anyways is it worth using the other generators, ive tried the gas one but it eats way more methane then i can produce for the cost of power. am i doing something wrong?

any better way to get power?

H

Herrminator1994

im using steam currently for power, turning it into eu. i got a large boiler seems to make steam a bit faster but its eating my coal faster then my 6 steam coal boilers which make the coal last longer and it keeps up with my system better. so not sure if i should switch over to the large bronze boiler. but anyways is it worth using the other generators, ive tried the gas one but it eats way more methane then i can produce for the cost of power. am i doing something wrong?

My power system started with charcoal-fired small high pressure boilers, as they are extremely efficient. Next I jumped to high pressure lava boilers. Currently, my system is nitro-diesel, but I hope to go to charcoal soon, as it is closed-loop. Next stop: IC2 fluid reactors paired with a large heat exchanger and large turbine array.

R

Rogash

im using steam currently for power, turning it into eu. i got a large boiler seems to make steam a bit faster but its eating my coal faster then my 6 steam coal boilers which make the coal last longer and it keeps up with my system better. sTungstensteelure if i should switch over to the large bronze boiler. but anyways is it worth using the other generators, ive tried the gas one but it eats way more methane then i can produce for the cost of power. am i doing something wrong?

What kind of large boiler do you have? Keep in mind they have a heating up time where they produce no/less steam and eat more coal...also the high pressure coal boiler has the highest per coal efficiency. All large boilers are worse exept Tungstensteel that has the same steam per coal...but a Tungstensteel boiler is a beast

S

Sven "flamestrider"

You should check out @Joel Falk s little spreadsheet on power, both earlygame and later on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1649246740
On the Low tech power systems tab he gives an account of steam to methane efficiency as well as an early oilsands production-line, with all the machinery needed to get through all the processes.
I find his sheet quite handy when considering what energy to use, and what path to take... it can be quite a lot to take in if you are unfamiliar with excel sheets but if you focus on what is interesting(to you) it wont seems so overwhelming :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I just started getting over this flu I caught recently, and I'm not seeing any diamonds generating in the underwater Abyssal Stone structures. I'm guessing this is because I recall that Jason changed worldgen for Abyssal Stone to be higher. Is there anything else besides Dark Steel or Iridium (those I do know of) that generates in worldgen and doesn't need a Steam Era machine to make it? Diamonds in loot seem a bit rare and unless there's an easy mob grinder to make from building a spawning box to trap mobs inside of it that spawn with Thaumcraft loot bags that might yield diamonds, I'm at a loss to find something really good for a mining pick.

I might read back through this thread but this flu will have to go away first!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

R

Rogash

I just started getting over this flu I caught recently, and I'm not seeing any diamonds generating in the underwater Abyssal Stone structures. I'm guessing this is because I recall that Jason changed worldgen for Abyssal Stone to be higher. Is there anything else besides Dark Steel or Iridium (those I do know of) that generates in worldgen and doesn't need a Steam Era machine to make it? Diamonds in loot seem a bit rare and unless there's an easy mob grinder to make from building a spawning box to trap mobs inside of it that spawn with Thaumcraft loot bags that might yield diamonds, I'm at a loss to find something really good for a mining pick.

I might read back through this thread but this flu will have to go away first!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
For t3 materials the easiest i think is thaumium...you can make enough for a pickaxe with little effort in a crucible.
Then either mine directly a diamond vein or mine coal and obsidian and make diamonds in a compressor