Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Had an interesting idea before my 2nd to last politics class for the semester: lumen gems. Basically, they're little consumables that provide effects when used, like...

• Kuro pearl - Thrown; pushes mobs away violently. (Think force push.)
  • Nila sapphire - Thrown; blinds all but the user.
  • Karmir ruby - Thrown; creates a temporary shield centered around the impact point.
  • Zambarau amethyst - Thrown; Enhances the effects of other lumen gems active in its area of effect.
  • Tahara diamond - Thrown; Extends the effects of other active lumen gems in its AoE.
  • Kijani peridot - Thrown; Causes vines to erupt from the ground and entangle mobs, freezing them in place.
  • Ruskea sardonyx - Eaten; Provides Saturaition and high-level Protection potion buffs for a few minutes.
  • Vadali spinel - Thrown; Puts out fires, solidifies lava, and creates a torrent of water that knocks down grass and pushes mobs.
  • Argia adamite - Thrown; All mobs are randomly teleported around.
  • Ykri calcite - Thrown; Disrupts lumen gem effects, either shortening their duration or outright dispelling them.
  • Ruzova garnet - Eaten; Confers massive Strength buff for several minutes.
  • Asveste citrine - Eaten; Confers massive Speed and Jump Boost buffs for several minutes.
  • Kitrino chondrodite - Thrown; Releases a damaging wave of lumen energy.
  • Galzaio chrysocolla - Thrown; Afflicts mobs in AoE with high-level Slowness effect.
  • Kurauri hackmanite - Thrown; Confers healing and regeneration to user and passive mobs, damages undead.
  • Portokali euclase - Thrown; Releases a fiery explosion.
They'd require a handful (maybe 4/8) of boosted shards of the appropriate colour, some binding crystal, and maybe some plant dust and/or elemental stones. Basically, some of them would serve as a pre-pendant method of getting those neat potion effects, if only for a limited time, as well as giving the user several tools to help deal with aggravating mobs and environmental hazards. Thinking about it, they'd probably be nifty for adventure maps, as well...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Had an interesting idea before my 2nd to last politics class for the semester: lumen gems. Basically, they're little consumables that provide effects when used, like...

• Karmir ruby - Thrown; creates a temporary shield centered around the impact point.
  • Zambarau amethyst - Thrown; Enhances the effects of other lumen gems active in its area of effect.
  • Tahara diamond - Thrown; Extends the effects of other active lumen gems in its AoE.
  • Kijani peridot - Thrown; Causes vines to erupt from the ground and entangle mobs, freezing them in place.
  • Ruskea sardonyx - Eaten; Provides Saturaition and high-level Protection potion buffs for a few minutes.
  • Vadali spinel - Thrown; Puts out fires, solidifies lava, and creates a torrent of water that knocks down grass and pushes mobs.
  • Ykri calcite - Thrown; Disrupts lumen gem effects, either shortening their duration or outright dispelling them.
  • Asveste citrine - Eaten; Confers massive Speed and Jump Boost buffs for several minutes.
  • Galzaio chrysocolla - Thrown; Afflicts mobs in AoE with high-level Slowness effect.
  • Kurauri hackmanite - Thrown; Confers healing and regeneration to user and passive mobs, damages undead.
They'd require a handful (maybe 4/8) of boosted shards of the appropriate colour, some binding crystal, and maybe some plant dust and/or elemental stones. Basically, some of them would serve as a pre-pendant method of getting those neat potion effects, if only for a limited time, as well as giving the user several tools to help deal with aggravating mobs and environmental hazards. Thinking about it, they'd probably be nifty for adventure maps, as well...
Throwable elemental weapons is an interesting idea for early-game combat, though several of these are not very useful (eg Ykri, Argia), are not fitting thematically (eg Kijani, Kitrino), or are nearly impossible to implement (eg Kijani, Karmir, Nila).

Also:
https://soundcloud.com/reikakalseki/chromaticraft-dimension-score-6-polychromacy

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

upload_2016-4-30_17-20-42.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ooh, shiny. I see mirrors, prisms, beamsplitters, mirrors rotated 45 degrees to the other mirrors, color-sensitive photodiodes, and what appears to be a filter.

It seems clear enough that seven of the sixteen colors found elsewhere in ChC are available in this optical puzzle scheme (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, and white), but what about the rest? Does the beamsplitter produce photons with half the "intensity" of the unsplit photons? Because if so, that'd give most of the rest of the colors (i.e. purple = dark cyan, brown = dark yellow, etc). Black could be handled by way of a receptor that turns off when hit by a photon of any color, although gray and light gray would still be hard to distinguish from one another.

I really need to check out all the shiny new stuff you've added since the last time I checked out your mod (which was quite a long time ago...)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I was in part inspired by the high-quality, if badly overpriced, "Aargon Deluxe", which I played the better part of a decade ago. :p That game also inspired something else from CC...
Holy crap... I remember that game. Or at least something with a very similar name and appearance. It may or may not have been the Deluxe version; it's been too long to remember.

I liked that game. No idea where the disc has gotten off to now, though it's not like I have a computer that could still play it...

B

Boldar

Hi,
I can't break Casting tables or Item Casting Stands once placed, except in creative mode. Is that a known bug? ( I am using Chromaticraft V12d, but i could not find anything about this in the changelog for 12e as well).
Also, i am kind of stuck with the Casting Temple.
I have built the multiblock structure, but what else do i need? The "More Complex Crafting" entry is still locked. I read somewhere that it should unlock while crafting Item Casting Stands, i suppose that changed?
Do i need runes in the Casting temple? I also have a hard time figuring out which items need to be crafted in the Casting temple, and which one in the Casting room. It would be nice if there was some info about this in the lexicon.
The only other progressions available which i am missing are Painful loss, both the Boss ones (Dragon+Wither) and Lumen harnessing, but i don't think one of those would gate me.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the casting structure will need runes, you can find the configuration you need for a given recipe in the handbook entry for said recipe. You will not need to remove the runes once you add them, and each casting structure can be built off the previous one, since they all are simply extensions/alterations. Also, typically, recipes are divided into 4 categories (note that the names aren't official, just how I refer to them myself): basic recipes (don't require anything other than ingredients), rune recipes (which require the aforementioned rune configurations), 5x5 recipes (which require casting stands), and pylon recipes (which require power from a lumen network). Basic recipes can be crafted at any point, rune recipes need at least one stage of the casting structure so you can properly place runes, 5x5 recipes (I believe) require the 2nd casting structure, and pylon recipes require that you connect your final casting structure to a network of repeaters to transfer lumen energy from pylons to your casting table.

B

Boldar

Well - i have build the first structure, the casting room, and included the runes. But am i right that the Second one, the Casting temple, the one with the 5x5 grid is a seperate one? But it also needs runes, and they seem to be places in other positions? Is Every recipe crafted in the 5x5 temple indeed a 5x5 recipe?
I tried to craft a multicromic rune, as it seems to use the 5x5 grid, but it did not work.

Edit: To make it more clear:
Am i supposed to upgrade the Crafting Room to a Crafting Temple, or build a seperate one? I think i need to build a seperate one, because the structure seems to be different.
I have killed the Wither, the only visible Progress not unlocked now is
->More Complex Crafting
->Aerial predator
->Lumen harnessing
The entire 5th row is a question mark, so i think i need one of theese.
But oddly building the Casting temple does not unlock the More Complex Crafting, and i can't craft something in there. The only recipes using the itemstands 5x5 grid I could find was the multichromic rune recipe, but i could not craft it. I even tried to look in the sourcecode and it seemed that the More Complex Crafting should unlock when Crafting a Item Casting Stand, but it didn't.
But it also looks like my Casting temple Structure is broken although i triple-checked it against the one in the lexicon (I also checked that i really had Vannilla Quartz and redstone and not other mod ones). But when i open the central Casting Table's GUI it shows only the 3x3 grid and says nothing about the Item Casting stands. Is that correct that they don't show up in the GUI? Or is the "More Complex Crafting" Progress needed for it to work? It does show a single white diamond-like symbol in the topleft corner, but i have no Idea what that means.
A bit more Info about these Symbols would be nice (Maybe a tooltip), as my other Casting Room has 3 of them, the third which is crossed out, but i have no Idea what that means. I also tried to activate debug mode in the DragonAPI, but pressing tab with the GUI open only enumerates the slots and shows nothing else.
I also ran /chromaprog debug all because i right now feel completely lost but i could not see anything from it:
Code:
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player research:
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Level RUNECRAFT
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Fragments: [ORESILK, LOTUS, PYLONS, OREPICK, CHROMAFLOWER, MUSIC, BURROW, ESSENTIA, PATH, ENCHANTER, MYSTPAGE, CRAFTING, GLOW, FINDER, PARTICLES, MUSICTRIGGER, BREWER, DYELEAVES, SELECTIVEGLASS, COBBLEGEN, SEED, INSERTER, SHARDS, LAMPCONTROL, ENCHANTDECOMP, RFDISTRIB, DESERT, STRUCTURES, LILY, CRYSTALS, RAINBOWLEAVES, COLLECTOR, HEATLAMP, CRYSTALSTONE, GLASS, PLANTACCEL, LINKTOOL, LENS, BERRIES, APIRECIPES, GROUPS, WAND, ELEMENTS, CRYSTALLAMP, CAVELIGHTER, ORES, FRAGMENT, ITEMSTAND, CROPSPEED, TURRET, CHROMA, DOOR, RUNES, DOORKEY, OWNERKEY, USINGRUNES, LAMPAUX, CASTING1, BULKMOVER, CASTING2, OCEAN, CASTTABLE, MULTITOOL, LUMENWIRE]
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Can step to ENERGYEXPLORE: true && false
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Missing research for RUNECRAFT: [ALLOYS]
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Progress for Boldar:
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [CHARGE, CASTING, DESERTSTRUCT, ALLCOLORS, OCEAN, RAINBOWFOREST, CHROMA, RAINBOWLEAF, DYETREE, SHOCK, BALLLIGHTNING, TWILIGHT, MAKECHROMA, NETHER, END, BREAKSPAWNER, DIE, CRYSTALS, RUNEUSE, KILLWITHER, PYLON, BURROW, BEDROCK, SHARDCHARGE, KILLMOB]
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Elements for Boldar:
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [GRAY, WHITE, BLUE, LIGHTGRAY, PURPLE, LIGHTBLUE, GREEN, RED, PINK, LIME, MAGENTA, BLACK, YELLOW, CYAN, BROWN, ORANGE]
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Structure Flags for Boldar:
[13:41:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] []

Here are some pictures of my tries:
Complex Crafting is not unlocked:
2016-05-10_13.51.27.png

This is my old Casting Room:
2016-05-10_13.51.54.png

And the Gui with the 3 Icons in the corner, the third crossed out (But it its working indeed):
2016-05-10_13.52.05.png

And the new Casting Temple i built roght below it:
2016-05-10_13.52.21.png

With the following GUI, only one corner icon here, whatever that means:
2016-05-10_13.52.26.png

You see that the Itemstands don't show up in the GUI as suggested by the Recipe

Last edited: