32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

B

bouchacha1

Any idea why the text overlaps with itself? I tried to search for this issue before but couldn't figure out the right keywords.

This is on Agrarian Skies 1 so 1.6.4 if that helps. Thanks :)

Attachments

• jstr font.png
    jstr font.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 214
B

bouchacha1

As you can see from my previous post, we're making some changes. Since John Smith has been through so many iterations and had so many versions over the years, it's important for us to know our users' preferences.

We've had a Legacy overwrite pack for a while now, and it has its users, but not that many. There could be various reasons for this. People don't like it, they're used to the old look, they don't know about it, or they just don't want to bother with another resource pack. I want to get a little more direct feedback.

View attachment 26723

The question is:
How would you feel if the standard modded resource pack was changed to have Legacy stone, dirt and sand. The current look would be made into an optional overwrite pack. VOTE HERE!

Elaborate here in the thread if you want.
Is the Legacy Path pack the "before" or "after" portion? I was always confused by what the patch pack actually did and even tried to google for comparison images. It would be SUPER helpful if the main website showed a comparison picture because otherwise I had no idea what I was downloading and why.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why the text overlaps with itself? I tried to search for this issue before but couldn't figure out the right keywords.

This is on Agrarian Skies 1 so 1.6.4 if that helps. Thanks :)

I'm not quite sure how to deal with this specific issue. We get a lot of trouble with the font in the modded game, and we'll probably have to change it until Mojang implements a better way to handle fonts. If the font is giving you trouble, Ill refer to what I said earlier in the thread:
The quick fix is to remove the font files located in assets/minecraft/textures/font and potentially assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/font if you use Optifine.

Is the Legacy Path pack the "before" or "after" portion? I was always confused by what the patch pack actually did and even tried to google for comparison images. It would be SUPER helpful if the main website showed a comparison picture because otherwise I had no idea what I was downloading and why.

Good point. We never did a good job of explaining it, supposing everyone knew what the vanilla "Legacy" pack was and what it looked like. As it stands now the "before" is default JSTR, and the "after" is what the Legacy patch looks like.

B

bouchacha1

I'm not quite sure how to deal with this specific issue. We get a lot of trouble with the font in the modded game, and we'll probably have to change it until Mojang implements a better way to handle fonts. If the font is giving you trouble, Ill refer to what I said earlier in the thread:
The quick fix is to remove the font files located in assets/minecraft/textures/font and potentially assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/font if you use Optifine.

Good point. We never did a good job of explaining it, supposing everyone knew what the vanilla "Legacy" pack was and what it looked like. As it stands now the "before" is default JSTR, and the "after" is what the Legacy patch looks like.
Thanks for the help with the font! I'm sorry I wasn't able to find your earlier instructions before.

As a newbie, my interpretation of "Legacy" is that it's necessary to maintain legacy compatibility with some earlier mods or packs. The other confusing aspect it that there's no explanation as to why the patch pack is needed. Was it because of some controversy? I think the Legacy version looks a lot better (much nicer color contrast while the default looks really out of place and almost like the pack forgot to mod those textures). If I was writing the description of the patch, it would be something like this:
"We've also included a separate and optional "Legacy" patch. The Legacy patch [insert description of what the changes entail, e.g. "has higher contrast"] and some users did not prefer it [or whatever reason] and so it is included here as a patch."

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
As a newbie, my interpretation of "Legacy" is that it's necessary to maintain legacy compatibility with some earlier mods or packs. The other confusing aspect it that there's no explanation as to why the patch pack is needed. Was it because of some controversy?"

JSTR and John Smith Legacy (the fan-continuation of the vanilla pack) started as completely separate projects. Legacy maintained the look of the John Smith as it was when the original author left, while the JSTR team decided to go a different direction. I was really used to how Legacy looked when I started playing modded, and found the relative blandness of the JSTR textures a bit off-putting, so I made the Legacy patch. The team is a little mixed on making it the default look of the pack, so I wanted to see how the users would respond the idea.

Ryuji2

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking around for JSTR textures of ExtraTiC things such as crossbows and longbows and I can't for the life of me find anything. I love how JSTR looks in every way but the vanilla textures of my signalum crossbow and such are very easy to spot out of place from the rest of the pack's amazing textures. Are there any plans to tackle the bajillion parts and textures for ExtraTiC? I know it's a lot but just was wondering because again, this texture pack is amazing.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Alright guys, the pack is being updated regularly again. The changes we wanted to do with the relaunch of the pack are in it, so expect things to look a bit different. An overwrite pack for people who prefer the smooth look of the previous pack will be out very soon. 1.8 and 1.9 versions should be out pretty soon as well. The issue with text in mod books being hard to read has been solved in these new releases. You just need to restart the game after applying the pack.

I've been looking around for JSTR textures of ExtraTiC things such as crossbows and longbows and I can't for the life of me find anything. I love how JSTR looks in every way but the vanilla textures of my signalum crossbow and such are very easy to spot out of place from the rest of the pack's amazing textures. Are there any plans to tackle the bajillion parts and textures for ExtraTiC? I know it's a lot but just was wondering because again, this texture pack is amazing.

I'm currently focusing on TCon for 1.8 and 1.9, which is a lot less tedious to support thanks to its new dynamic texture system. Any new textures from that effort could be colored and backported to 1.7 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I notice there's a texture problem with Mekanism v9. I'm not sure if it's a JSTR issue, or what, but the Electrolytic Separator and Metallurgic Infuser both have huge invisible textures on them. Everything else is fine. If it's not JSTR, that's okay, but it's a little weird looking.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
I notice there's a texture problem with Mekanism v9. I'm not sure if it's a JSTR issue, or what, but the Electrolytic Separator and Metallurgic Infuser both have huge invisible textures on them. Everything else is fine. If it's not JSTR, that's okay, but it's a little weird looking.
Mekanism v9 changed a lot, so a few broken textures are to be expected. It will need some cleaning up.

Last edited:
B

bouchacha1

Activated AE2 molecular assemblers display a missing texture error on 1.7.10. Deleting 'BlockMolecularAssemblerLights.png' fixes the issue

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Activated AE2 molecular assemblers display a missing texture error on 1.7.10. Deleting 'BlockMolecularAssemblerLights.png' fixes the issue
Hm. Looking at the files, I don't understand why there would be an issue like that. Bugs like these tend to be caused by wrong resolutions or bad/missing mcmeta files, and neither are the case here.

B

bouchacha1

I encountered that that bug on Agrarian Skies 2. Does which modpack you use matter for issues of missing textures? Let me know what other information/testing I can provide :)

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
@bouchacha1 The version number of the mod can be helpful in some cases. With a weird case like this it can also help to see if the issue occurs with other resource packs.

B

bouchacha1

I made a fresh instance of 1.7.10 and installed AE2 RV2-10 (same version in Agrarian Skies 2) and the molecular assemblers gave a missing texture error when powered. I tested Faithful 32x modded and didn't encounter any issues.
8lvpiyF.png

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. The only thing I can think to do is reformat the file, which will be in the next release. We'll see if that works.
Thank you for bug reporting :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
All of the 1.7.10 versions of Railcraft seem to have a similar issue with the Limiter track, but only in it's unpowered configuration. When powered the texture is correct, but when unpowered, they're all listed as missing texture. I think they all use the same when turned off, so that might be the issue.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
All of the 1.7.10 versions of Railcraft seem to have a similar issue with the Limiter track, but only in it's unpowered configuration. When powered the texture is correct, but when unpowered, they're all listed as missing texture. I think they all use the same when turned off, so that might be the issue.
With the newest version of the resource pack and a Railcraft version newer than 9.8 there shouldn't be any issue with the limiter track.

lesdmark

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to take a look at mekanism v9 to see how bad starting over with the textures is going to be. they changed the look so much I feel just fixing the existing ones is not going to do it justice for some of them I am going to try to salvage the tank ones though