Final Release of Infinity Evolved and 1.8.9 Development

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hence the use of <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

Or, as I like to steal from Jeff Dunham's "Peanut" puppet, <NYEWM> </NYEWM>

I kinda like the idea of just stealing assimilating what is already out there. I thought color coding the text with the emotion that the person was having while typing it. It would be extremely difficult to implement. Finally decided the emoticon system works just as well. Especially the ones that are being strongly associated with ???? (don't know how to end this post. it all has something to do with Kappa though)

Only problem is getting people used to the idea of using ?emoji? to get across concepts that wold normally totally ruin the statement if they had to be typed out, and would often take longer to type out then the actual statement they are appended to.

F

fartybreath

I thought 1.3.5 wa the final Infinity update so anyone know why the 1.4.1 update?
1.8 pushed off further than expected?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I thought 1.3.5 wa the final Infinity update so anyone know why the 1.4.1 update?
1.8 pushed off further than expected?

Bugfixes, most likely. There's a modpack tracker somewhere on the forums, I'm not sure where it is located or what it's name actually is, but it's basically a changelog list for each pack version.

NOTE: I'm not sure if it's just for the official modpacks or if it also includes 3rd party packs, YMMV.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Where does one track down news (if any) regarding this mystical Infinity skyblock in the works? Its all over youtube but I don't see anything in the news here about development/status/existence.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It ain't out... until it's out... think around another week or 2?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I too have looked. I do not see any communication about it anywhere...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Perhaps it's coming as a pack update to IE? All it should take is to selectively load mods, kind of like the config selective loading of configs that IE:Expert does... ?

IceDeep

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps it's coming as a pack update to IE? All it should take is to selectively load mods, kind of like the config selective loading of configs that IE:Expert does... ?
Nope at least according to what I read (I believe on a reddit thread) it's going to be a separate pack as they want the ability to add/remove mods without messing with Infinity Evolved (standard). There was supposed to be a feedback meeting monday with the youtubers/testers to see what changes needed to be done to get it done for release. I'm hoping it comes out soon.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Will Infinity Evolved lastest version break the worlds due to some of the changes to mods like forstrey?
Will world reset be needed?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
you better put a recepi for cooling down lzh condesators in the game or i get really mad

And you'd do what, exactly? All of the items you get in the skyblock are coming from infinite resources, why even bother cooling down a lzh condensator when you can simply trash the old one in a void that's infinite and make yourself a few spares to reinsert whenever you need them? Getting really mad at the FTB content creators might get you banned, if they could even be bothered to trifle with you.

The whole point of this skyblock is to get to end-game content that's by far more insane than IC2 reactors ever was, what that can produce in power output is nothing compared to what you can build from Draconic Evolution and other end-game mods.

If you want to blow your skyblock base up with some reactor design that might be unsafe, that's your business. I would, however, suggest you build it in a section of it's own, far away from anything you want to keep, which would be most of the equipment that costs a lot of resources to get, and your spawn point for the map.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid