[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to craft the "Iridium Neutron Reflector" for fusion? I've got my 8 "Thick Neutron Reflector"s, and 1 "Iridium Reinforced Plate". I've checked and double-checked this very simple recipe (the reflectors surround the plate on the 3x3). But it doesn't produce the "Iridium Neutron Reflector".....

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Started making electrical steel today. Once I have a Sag Mill are there any important processes that I might be doing with GT that I should do with the Sag Mill instead?

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to craft the "Iridium Neutron Reflector" for fusion? I've got my 8 "Thick Neutron Reflector"s, and 1 "Iridium Reinforced Plate". I've checked and double-checked this very simple recipe (the reflectors surround the plate on the 3x3). But it doesn't produce the "Iridium Neutron Reflector".....

Ah, just did a search through this thread, and I see that Jason mentions a GT bug about that. I haven't updated from 3.1.12 to 3.1.14, yet, so I'll do that now and cross my fingers!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Started making electrical steel today. Once I have a Sag Mill are there any important processes that I might be doing with GT that I should do with the Sag Mill instead?
Processing coal ore is the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ah, just did a search through this thread, and I see that Jason mentions a GT bug about that. I haven't updated from 3.1.12 to 3.1.14, yet, so I'll do that now and cross my fingers!
If you ever plan to do a big reactor and turbine, process ALL your yellorite ore with the SAG mill and dark steel grinding balls and thank me later.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just run a poorly designed reactor wide open to make cyanite. Every other pack i play has that sag mill recipe changed to not give it. :p

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...now that I've updated from 3.1.12, I can craft the "Iridium Neutron Reflector", but now I can't craft the "Thick Neutron Reflector" (new recipe is beryllium plate surrounded by four "Neutron Reflector"), as it can't seem to be crafted. I guess Fusion continues to be out of reach. :(

Last edited:

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
How do i make Coolant cells?
NEI says, i need liquid coolant put into cells, but for liquid cell there is only recipe - extract coolant from cell. Loop.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do i make Coolant cells?
NEI says, i need liquid coolant put into cells, but for liquid cell there is only recipe - extract coolant from cell. Loop.

What Dlur said, make Distilled Water in Distillery and if you collect small ores you'll have plenty of Lapis Dust. Put Dust along with Empty Cells into Solid Fluid Canner, pump in Distilled Water. If you have plenty of Lapis you could skip the Distilled and just use regular old water instead, but its a big cost penalty.

If you're making 10K Coolant Cells there were some metadata-related recipe errors for that item along with some other IC2 stuff but I'm not running latest modpack version (its not my server) so not sure if those have been fixed. If not, you have to creative-spawn those items in.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What is Tantalum used for? I can't seem to find very much (just one GT capacitor) so I'm curious why this mysterious nugget was added to the mix when centrifuging lava?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Some odd behavior with this Eerie biome. Almost the entire thing converted back to original biome, however there are 4 or 5 blocks that refuse to convert no matter how many hours they are under the influence of either Ethereal Blooms or Silverwood Trees/Pure Nodes. I'm trying all methods and these stubborn single blocks will not convert over for some strange reason. It's... kind eerie. :p

I've also been trying to push back an invading Taint biome, since I now have 4 of these Ethereal Blooms, and at a certain distance away from my base, they seem to have stopped working. So naturally, I assume it's because they're out of chunk-load range. No problem - Dimensional Anchors chunk loader in place, come back in a few hours... and nothing has changed. So chunk loading has no impact on Ethereal Blooms. Why is that? I just dropped an Angel Block and will AFK for a while to manually load the chunks and see if my presence actually gets them to work.

Edit: well it appears the Blooms did work, however the purple color didn't go away and it fooled me into thinking they didn't do anything. As soon as I moved them, the Fibrous Taint immediately begins disappearing. Maybe I need to push it back farther before the purple color to the grass goes away.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Precisely. Follow that, but power the IC2 machine with a GT LV circuit (32 EU/t) and it runs fine. You could even make the Distilled Water the "IC2 way" with the Solar Distillers if you prefer that over making a GT Distillery (you'll also need one of those circuit things in the Distiller). Solar is free obv, but they're slow, I used to use a line of like 64 of those things in Infinity modpack. haha I made tons of stacks of Overclocker Upgrades in that world.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, done with coolant. How do i make Overclocker upgrade next? I put all the stuff (3 cool cells, basic/advanced circuit and copper cables) and there is no output.
One thing bothers me - coolant cell i have have ID (or w/e its called now) 4309:1 and recipe has just 4309. I trid to freeze cell - output still 4309:1.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, done with coolant. How do i make Overclocker upgrade next? I put all the stuff (3 cool cells, basic/advanced circuit and copper cables) and there is no output.
One thing bothers me - coolant cell i have have ID (or w/e its called now) 4309:1 and recipe has just 4309. I trid to freeze cell - output still 4309:1.
If only your coolant cells were colder. Like way, way colder. Maybe so cold like the vacuum of space (contained in frost proof casings of course).

Reactions: sprAngles