Auto refilling the petal apothecary

Was this helpful

• Total voters

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
There's an infinite water source block from the mod Gany's End that can also do this, it auto fills any inventory capable of holding water by just placing it next to it. It also works on pipes and machines. Just in case anyone was looking for other options :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well the apothecary doesn't accept water that's piped into it. I guess the urn from Thaumic Exploration is special-casing it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Multiple Apothecary's is my answer.

I remember from one of the Hermitcraft series, KingDaddyDMAC set up auto crafting that dropped a full water bucket and had a filtered item collector, might have been a transfer node to pick up only the empty bucket. (Dropped with Open Crate.)

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
This works perfectly and I've already tested it in my Test World:

Easy setup using 1 Aqueous Accumulator / 1 Portable Tank / 2 Autonomous Activators, some EnderIO item conduit and an Item Filter.

Put Portable Tank on top of the Accumulator. First Autonomous activator pulls from portable tank with an empty bucket, sends filled bucket to second Activator. Second Activator r-clicks bucket on Petal Apothecary (needs to be aligned to base, not top).

Put in an item filter only to pull from second activator's inventory (back into first activator) only when the bucket is empty. This will pull empty bucket to be refilled with first activator and will be ready for next use.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
This works perfectly and I've already tested it in my Test World:

Easy setup using 1 Aqueous Accumulator / 1 Portable Tank / 2 Autonomous Activators, some EnderIO item conduit and an Item Filter.

Put Portable Tank on top of the Accumulator. First Autonomous activator pulls from portable tank with an empty bucket, sends filled bucket to second Activator. Second Activator r-clicks bucket on Petal Apothecary (needs to be aligned to base, not top).

Put in an item filter only to pull from second activator's inventory (back into first activator) only when the bucket is empty. This will pull empty bucket to be refilled with first activator and will be ready for next use.

Thats exactly what I suggested but with less concise instructions. I only wonder if the constant right clicking is laggy..

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Doesn't seem to have lag at all. Bucket fills it up and waits to fill it again.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Thats exactly what I suggested but with less concise instructions. I only wonder if the constant right clicking is laggy..
Even if it did lag, you could make a comparator setup to test for items inside the activator and activate it, if so.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Even if it did lag, you could make a comparator setup to test for items inside the activator and activate it, if so.

or, just slap a lever on it near the apothecary, set it up so you turn the lever on when crafting to enable the clicky-clicky refill system...
I tend to setup most systems like that, if I'm not using it, and it's not doing anything, turn it off, like actually off.

A

Arcusan

I can confirm that this does work in my world. I'm on 1.7.10 with all the latest versions of the mod as of this comment.

E

Ewickly

I really like the setup of this auto-refill. It's small and easy. But do you not need to power the machines with RF? I believe I have everything set up properly. But the machines aren't filling the apothecary. They are however moving the bucket around.

Edit: Whoops. I used a capacitor to fill them, and it started working. Next problem- How to turn them off when I'm not using them, so they don't waste RF?

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Have another one of my own design that I'm using for Sky Factory.

YuYYiA.png

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I really like the setup of this auto-refill. It's small and easy. But do you not need to power the machines with RF? I believe I have everything set up properly. But the machines aren't filling the apothecary. They are however moving the bucket around.

Do you have the moving area of the Autonomous Actuvator right under the Apothecary?