FTB Departed Discussion

Zierocis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, have been playing AoA for a long time and wanted to check out how Departed would be, can its version of AoA be updated to add the new update of 2.4.4?

Crackerz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Watchful11 , I'm not sure you know of this, but AoA got a pretty big update a few days ago, is Departed going to be updated soon? (I don't use it, but ya know), I know this thread is sort of dead.

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. Really liking the Departed pack so far. There are some parts of it that feel "tacked on", like the non working (at least for me) strange out of place furniture that appear black when looked at, but overall very nice and my favorite. Maybe it's because i am a huge fan of Terraria, or a fan of adventure games overall. I am new to FTB, so every bit of information is nice. So i just wait and the launcher updates Departed automatically, or?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Can you say what furniture exactly? The item name and there should be a name under it with the mod it's from.

Yup, it will update automatically.

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Can you say what furniture exactly? The item name and there should be a name under it with the mod it's from.

Yup, it will update automatically.

I think it's every item from the DecoCraft. It's like when i "look at" them up close (selecting the item..sort of..pointing at it) it turns completely black. I tried with vanilla Departed and with optifine (normal) and it's the same thing. Everything else works fine, well except sometimes when i run around the map there is a black hole in the world (size of a ravine). It usually goes away when running far enough away from the problematic chunk, or just re-loading the save game. But to be honest, that's about all there is problem wise. My favorites, botania, witchery and aoa work as intended i think.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah, that's usually a very specific problem that depends on your graphics card and drivers. Not much to be done about it.

The black missing chunk thing is a well known problem. Only thing to do is reload the save if it happens like you've been doing.

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's usually a very specific problem that depends on your graphics card and drivers. Not much to be done about it.

The black missing chunk thing is a well known problem. Only thing to do is reload the save if it happens like you've been doing.
Ok. Well thanks anyway and keep up the good work with Departed. My Nvidia drivers just updated a minute ago to 341.81, so who knows maybe it works now. I think the main problem with DecoCraft (besides the graphics glitch in my case) is that the visual style of the items just somehow seem off when compared to other stuff and things. Also the items "snap" in a weird fashion..

Last edited:

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Updated to the 1.30 beta, but the moment i start the game it complains that there is a 2.4.9 version of AoA? Also tried the Haven dimension the first time, and there is this little dude (that does nothing) and i right click it = crash to main menu? It starts connecting to a server or something, but i'm playing single player only. Latest log included in text format. It does have a few lines of Finnish language in it, but most of it is in English.

Edit:Is it possible to update a single mod "manually" from the package? Like AoA? Also "off topic", how in the hell do you have only two supporters in Patreon? I actually find that a bit offensive to be honest, expecting everything for free. And these packs do show that there is effort behind them, also it saves a ton of trial and error from the user. You know, i did do it manually first and then grew tired of the issues of getting 130-160 mods working on the same time. Would it help to keep the pack like Departed up to date a bit more frequently, if one decides to show some support?

Attachments

• Latest.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Updated to the 1.30 beta, but the moment i start the game it complains that there is a 2.4.9 version of AoA? Also tried the Haven dimension the first time, and there is this little dude (that does nothing) and i right click it = crash to main menu? It starts connecting to a server or something, but i'm playing single player only. Latest log included in text format. It does have a few lines of Finnish language in it, but most of it is in English.

Edit:Is it possible to update a single mod "manually" from the package? Like AoA? Also "off topic", how in the hell do you have only two supporters in Patreon? I actually find that a bit offensive to be honest, expecting everything for free. And these packs do show that there is effort behind them, also it saves a ton of trial and error from the user. You know, i did do it manually first and then grew tired of the issues of getting 130-160 mods working on the same time. Would it help to keep the pack like Departed up to date a bit more frequently, if one decides to show some support?
Yes you can manually update it. The version is currently on 2.4.10 and it will remain that way for a while while the next big update [2.5] is prepared.

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can manually update it. The version is currently on 2.4.10 and it will remain that way for a while while the next big update [2.5] is prepared.
Ok, thanks. Updated a bunch of mods on top of 1.30, and every single mod should be up to date now :) Wen't trough all of them, one by one. By the way, did the Tinker's get a nerf of some kind, or did the Goalby mob become a badass all of the sudden? It's either the weakness aoe-effect didn't work as intended earlier and now it does, or they just take 30 hits to kill with a limonite sword (Tinker's).

Crackerz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks. Updated a bunch of mods on top of 1.30, and every single mod should be up to date now :) Wen't trough all of them, one by one. By the way, did the Tinker's get a nerf of some kind, or did the Goalby mob become a badass all of the sudden? It's either the weakness aoe-effect didn't work as intended earlier and now it does, or they just take 30 hits to kill with a limonite sword (Tinker's).
Tinkers was nerfed a few updates ago, all tinkers weapons cap at 25 damage, but that weakness thing is strange bug, if you have weakness with a tinkers weapon, you'll only do 1 damage, using a regular non-tinkers Limonite sword will do normal damage.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying this out, been having some difficulty but mostly due to, I think, my unfamiliarity with most all of the mods, especially the alternate progression offered by botania and thaumcraft. I did get around to manasteel and subsequently limonite, though with mob spawns as they are, farming night for an ender pearl to advance botania further is looking suicidal.

How easy would it be to add the tinkers' weapons to make them valid to attack goalbys? It is a bit annoying to have to carry around a regular sword for melee immunes when I have a beefy cleaver for everything else. (I guess this may end up being true for some AoA by design, what with the greatswords being classed as "ranged weapons" for their greater reach.) [Fakeedit: I see above this is due to the goalby's weakness aura. The AoA wiki says they inflict weakness on hit, which could be a solution (don't get hit by a goalby), except it is an aura. Unsure if the AoA wiki is out of date or if their aura is the bug.)

The overworld feels a bit too dangerous, particularly because of the ranged mobs. I guess in retrospect, I should make pillars to break LoS rather than try charging them (or use my own ranged options, like TiC throwing weapons). In particular, whenever I die there seem to always be three or five new enemies around my corpse.

I wouldn't mind if overworld was safer, and having an overworld-clone dimension with small, tight mix of biomes where the only spawns are the new mobs. Or have more events during the day, like creeper day, where the new mobs can spawn. Or gate it to one of the player's (or the closest player's, in SMP) skill levels. Or maybe some kind of world flag (think killing the wall of flesh in Terraria). That probably applies to AoA directly versus the modpack, though.

Lootable corpses can be loosely exploited for blood in the smeltery. Just leave yourself to die while there's molten fluid in it and the blood can accumulate. Of course, pig iron isn't particularly useful compared to the other metals available, and even then (depending on village availability) emeralds are probably the limiting factor moreso than the inconvenience of blood.

Is there anything equivalent to IC2's scaffolding available? I thought carpenter's blocks might have something but those seem to be mostly just for cosmetic purposes. (Scaffolding is a relatively cheap block made from sticks and planks that can be quickly stacked and unstacked, and climbed like ladders.)

Or roads? I saw you can cook gravel into concrete but this is time consuming, was wondering if there were alternatives.

Last edited:

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
To the people who are testing out newer versions of the mods included in FTB Departed, has someone else noticed the performance taking a noticeable hit? I mean memory usage of the pack has gone downhill, but performance has still tanked. The game literally sometimes hits a point where it turns into a diashow for a small amount of time (regularly), so the issue is quite annoying. I have the 1.30 pack, but manually updated the mods up to date. Any ideas, tips?

Also why isn't the Soujourner's Sash working at all, finally got one and died because of fall damage..? Equipped it at the Baubles inventory thing. Also Dis Dayblooms break, or what happened with them? Changes in the "spoiler"

AoA 2.4B
Aroma1997Core 1.0.2.16
AromaBackup 0.0.0.5
Botania r1.7-224
Chisel 2 ---> Chisel 2.9.2.8
CodeChickenCore 1.0.7.47-universal
EnderStorage 1.4.7.37
FastLeafDecay 1.3
HardcoreEnderExpansion 1.8.4
Mantle 0.3.2a
MineTweaker3 3.0.10B
NeiAddons fu 1.12.13.6
NotEnoughItems 1.0.5.118-universal
Optifine 1.7.10_HD_C1
Translocator 1.1.2.15-universal

Last edited:

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, figured things out.. It seems the game just didn't launch properly in "fullscreen mode", even if it's full screen? When switched to windowed and back to fs the stuttering was gone.. Very weird, from 10fps to 60. Also the dayblooms have some kind of timer it seems, and the baubles sash needed the mana tablet. So i think it's fine now :)

Demokdawa

Jul 29, 2019
@Wille84

I'm with u about the update of the pack. You objective is to update all mods, or just AOA ? The mod is in v 2.4B right now. And here we are in 2.4.5, and it's a really outdated version, with lots of bugs (fixes in 2.4.10). I know my english is very very bad, but I will try to help you in ur "project".

About the "lags", this pack is just so slow since a long time, not just since few days.

After the manual update of all mods, there is no issues on the game ?

Wille84

Jul 29, 2019
@Wille84

I'm with u about the update of the pack. You objective is to update all mods, or just AOA ? The mod is in v 2.4B right now. And here we are in 2.4.5, and it's a really outdated version, with lots of bugs (fixes in 2.4.10). I know my english is very very bad, but I will try to help you in ur "project".

About the "lags", this pack is just so slow since a long time, not just since few days.

After the manual update of all mods, there is no issues on the game ?

Hello. I'm not entirely sure what you ment with your post, but yeah. Just to point out a few things, i don't have a "project" of any kind, the only person here who has, is @Watchful11. At least i think so, i'm new here too you know. I am just updating the mods (for myself) manually, because i am a very impatient person, and i don't get a "peace of mind" otherwise. So please don't give me any credit of anything, point it to the right person (Watchful11).

Demokdawa

Jul 29, 2019
No, don't worry, i just want to help you because i'm just like u, I'm very impatient person :)
Update the pack can be nice for all fans :)