Open 1.8.2: Electrotine Ore Worldgen [1.10.1]

iTpyn

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Electrotine Ore generation is disabled in ProjectRed.cfg in 1.10.X Infinity even though it is required in some recipes and can't be replaced by anything else.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Drakiel

Jul 29, 2019
Running the latest Minecraft 1.8.2, running FTB Infinity.

SUPER freakin' annoying. I'm running into this same problem. In many days of mining, never seen Electrotine ore. Trying to make solar panels and battery boxes so I can set up my electric furnaces. Can't make ProjectRed Bat Boxes without Electrotine (and the only IC2 ones apparently don't exist in Infinity).

Any alternative solutions?

Conznes

Jul 29, 2019
I reenabled electrotine in the config myself when I saw this (ProjectRed.cfg). I hope the reason for disabling electrotine wasn't because ProjectRed is bugged or something, but it might just have been an oversight when turning off tin and copper which are generated by other mods. There seems to be a retrogen feature if you don't want to explore new lands/build new dimensions for it.

Drakiel

Jul 29, 2019
You
I reenabled electrotine in the config myself when I saw this (ProjectRed.cfg). I hope the reason for disabling electrotine wasn't because ProjectRed is bugged or something, but it might just have been an oversight when turning off tin and copper which are generated by other mods. There seems to be a retrogen feature if you don't want to explore new lands/build new dimensions for it.
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you so much your reply, I'll check it out when I get home.

ALSO, how do I retrogen zones? I'm hoping to not recreate a whole new server to populate these kind of ore/blocks.

Conznes

Jul 29, 2019
:)
There's a line in the config that says " "Electrotine Ore retrogen"=false ". I guess if you set this to true it'll generate in already explored chunks, but I don't actually have any experience with this. Luckily my own RFtools mining dimension is brand new and doesn't have many chunks already generated, so I won't have to wander far to have electrotine generate. Retrogen will probably work but if it doesn't and you don't want to start a new world you can always set one of those up - or a Mystcraft one but I don't know much about that.
If you want to make a RFT dim you need a dimension enscriber, empty dimension tab, dimlets (a good list of which to use is here: github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Dimensions), and a creative dimension builder will keep the dimension powered with no fuss (I personally don't consider this cheaty when it's just a non-op basic mining dimension). For teleporting there you can cheat in a teleporter probe with NEI or set up a dialing device, matter transmitter and reciever at each end (these need to be powered - you can use a creative energy cell if you want to do it for free). Good luck :)

Drakiel

Jul 29, 2019
:)
There's a line in the config that says " "Electrotine Ore retrogen"=false
Again, thank you for all the tips! You're about 5 billion times better than EVERYTHING I've googled and got me on the right path. When I have more room to test this out ill post here to confirm, so others can learn how to fix this.