Botania for Begginers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
XCXr3cw.png

KNZ3uO1.png

Had to get this out of my head or I wouldn't forget about it

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
A comparison between Botania and Thermal Expansion? o.O

Now you see which one is more appealing ^^

Reactions: Renato Lopes

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jokes aside, I'm curious about the point of the OP too. I'm just sorta getting into Botania myself, and I almost blew my brains out trying to point mana spreaders at a mana pool. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that there was a "better way" but I haven't figured it out. (Ultimately, through effort and screaming I got it to work)

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
Jokes aside, I'm curious about the point of the OP too. I'm just sorta getting into Botania myself, and I almost blew my brains out trying to point mana spreaders at a mana pool. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that there was a "better way" but I haven't figured it out. (Ultimately, through effort and screaming I got it to work)

just right click till you get binding mode and right click the mana spreader (ALL while holding shift btw), if a square appears just click the pool.

My point was just a joke though -'

Reactions: Pyure

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
look at both images for 30 minutes if you still don't understand them I'm sorry

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
You need to look up the definition of irony...

I think he's pointing out the differences in "power" transfer, or maybe the similarities? Generation, 2 spreaders and a pool for botania and a maze of wires for TE. However it's not even an equivalent setup so fails at that too...

As for aiming mana spreaders get your "stick thing" and shift-right click(maybe just right click) in the air till to switch from "function mode" to "binding mode"(says so above your hot-bar), then once on binding shift right click the spreader and then shift right click the pool

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
You need to look up the definition of irony...

I think he's pointing out the differences in "power" transfer, or maybe the similarities? Generation, 2 spreaders and a pool for botania and a maze of wires for TE. However it's not even an equivalent setup so fails at that too...

As for aiming mana spreaders get your "stick thing" and shift-right click(maybe just right click) in the air till to switch from "function mode" to "binding mode"(says so above your hot-bar), then once on binding shift right click the spreader and then shift right click the pool

How is that a joke? I get that he's comparing energy transfer between two mods.
Where is the irony, where is the humor?

Comparisons are considered funny nowadays? This is why I was confused. The comparison is obvious. The humor derived from it... not so much.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Humor is derived from learning something new. Jokes always involve some kind of internal logic that the audience doesn't yet know when they first hear the joke. The moment they understand the internal logic, is the moment they start laughing. This is also why old jokes aren't funny anymore.

Most probably, the OP finds the picture humorous because he just figured out that what he at first thought was a "magic" mod, is actually just a tech mod with a fantastic aesthetic to it. So he learned something new. He learned that the distinction between magic mods and tech mods aren't what most people seem to think they are.