(FTB Infinity) No mine challenge, redstone problem

Zaelesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Im trying out a little challenge to make the game more interesting and ive run into a slight issue.
I cant find a way to get redstone without already having redstone:
Bees require some form of power in order to centrifuge the combs for redstone and all forms of power gen that ive come accross need some amount of redstone.
Other then hunting for chests or kill witches, i cant think of a way to get redstone without power.
(Finding chests underground will be extremely difficult. I cant use a pick on stone because it will produce a block i can pick up that i didnt cause to generate (cobblestone generator is ok to loot) so i have to punch smoothstone whenever i need to form a tunnle that isnt already there.)

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone dust generates naturally as part of jungle temples, that's the only other vanilla Minecraft method available that I know of.

Zaelesis

Jul 29, 2019
Now ive run into another problem. Diamonds... Oh well i guess thats the challenge eh??

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Well actually you can make industrial diamonds, which in Infinity are the same as regular vanilla diamonds. It requires 64 coal dust, 8 flint and 1 obsidian block, then it's just a matter of using a compressor to make it.
If you're able to get that much coal then you might be able to do it that way.

surfie007

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the ex nihilo mod you get just sift to get those things, a bit of work but it's the best way

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
There is a streamer on Twitch (Quetzi) that is trying a similar challenge. Might give a watch. Maybe ask a few questions.

I'm Not really feeling like doing a search. So if you want to do one there might be Youtube personalities that are doing the challenge as well as other Twitch Streamers.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
When you say no mine that just means picks right? Depending on your bravery and wether infinity has Nautra you can find bloodwood trees on the ceiling and cut them down. The leaves decay in to redstone if you get a sapling you can farm them in the overworld although they are awkward to farm and need to be planted in netherack.
"But I has no diamonds to farm obsidian" I hear you say. You can use the lava cast method if you have access to buckets which might take some doing seeing though you can't just mine it.
Actually how do you get anything in a no mine challenge iron would be derived from zombies rarely gold from pig men. How would you get copper silver lead and tin?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Zaelesis

Jul 29, 2019
When you say no mine that just means picks right? Depending on your bravery and wether infinity has Nautra you can find bloodwood trees on the ceiling and cut them down. The leaves decay in to redstone if you get a sapling you can farm them in the overworld although they are awkward to farm and need to be planted in netherack.
"But I has no diamonds to farm obsidian" I hear you say. You can use the lava cast method if you have access to buckets which might take some doing seeing though you can't just mine it.
Actually how do you get anything in a no mine challenge iron would be derived from zombies rarely gold from pig men. How would you get copper silver lead and tin?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I didnt know about the trees till i was talking to someone in a stream about it and they pointed that out.

I dont have the link to the no mine rules anymore but the basics are just that: You cant pick up anything that would require a pick to harvest unless you caused that specific block to be placed or spawned into the world. 90% of the beginning resources come from ore berry bushes. Then once you have a diamond and some power set up, you switch over to bee breeding to get everything else that you need.

So for example, if you reroute lava into water, you can mine that cobble because you caused the lava and water to meet but you cant use any mining machines that would destroy or remove blocks to get the ores. The only one that is ok is the laser drill from mine factory because it doesnt destroy or remove any blocks, but you need to punch the whole that it would need to bedrock because you cant use any other machine or tool to break the stone.