Bug Offline mode

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
So my Internet went down for a bit (ISP had to do stuffs) and I was thinking of playing some Minecraft. But - the ftb launcher does not allow the option to play offline. it just flat out refuses to even launch the game, even trough it just launched the game prior.

So i had to resort to launch the instance via MultiMC to play - not the way i should go when i want to launch a FTB-Modpack.

And it is reproduceable for me - I just disabled my networkcard and in an instand you are not able to launch minecraft from the ftb launcher anymore. Where is the "play offline" button? gone?

Reactions: George Duggan

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
So my Internet went down for a bit (ISP had to do stuffs) and I was thinking of playing some Minecraft. But - the ftb launcher does not allow the option to play offline. it just flat out refuses to even launch the game, even trough it just launched the game prior.

So i had to resort to launch the instance via MultiMC to play - not the way i should go when i want to launch a FTB-Modpack.

And it is reproduceable for me - I just disabled my networkcard and in an instand you are not able to launch minecraft from the ftb launcher anymore. Where is the "play offline" button? gone?

Bug in 1.4.4. You can download new 1.4.5 beta from: http://new.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/maven/net/ftb/FTB_Launcher/1.4.5-292/

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not that dumb of a person. remeber auth-token is selected and i can only play while connected to the internet, so i already did that.
So if i'm correct about your statements it can't store the auth-token... oh well, At and MMC can handle this without problems.

also, just courious - I statet that i played the game before, so i already did connect to the net, so the second quests seems a bit...

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
I'm not that dumb of a person. remeber auth-token is selected and i can only play while connected to the internet, so i already did that.
So if i'm correct about your statements it can't store the auth-token... oh well, At and MMC can handle this without problems.

also, just courious - I statet that i played the game before, so i already did connect to the net, so the second quests seems a bit...

Question was valid: "[DEBUG] AuthlibHelper.authenticateWithAuthlib:79: mojangData is null or empty"

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
Well, still, i was able to play it and Am able to play it as long as i have my LAN-Cable in my port. as soon I remove it the launcher seems to forget that i was playing at all.

Strux345

Jul 29, 2019
for me it opens the minecraft authentication servers might be down thing even though i have logged on to it tons of times in which is the cloud 9, crash landing and agrainan skies modpacks