Automating ME Processor creation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on AE automation, little by little, and so far, I've built a setup to craft ME processors using five inscribers, some interfaces, import busses, etc. The system works great except for one thing: for whatever reason, it won't auto craft the printed silicon. I have the recipe for the printed silicon in the interface associated with that inscriber, I have an export bus with a crafting card on the bottom of the assembly inscriber set to export printed silicon. I've tried both modes, neither will work. If I manually drop silicon in the appropriate inscriber, the printed silicon gets picked up by the network and placed in the proper slot by the export bus. If I craft a bunch of printed silicon beforehand, it gets placed in inventory and feeds into the inscriber just fine. But no matter what I do, it won't auto craft.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on AE automation, little by little, and so far, I've built a setup to craft ME processors using five inscribers, some interfaces, import busses, etc. The system works great except for one thing: for whatever reason, it won't auto craft the printed silicon. I have the recipe for the printed silicon in the interface associated with that inscriber, I have an export bus with a crafting card on the bottom of the assembly inscriber set to export printed silicon. I've tried both modes, neither will work. If I manually drop silicon in the appropriate inscriber, the printed silicon gets picked up by the network and placed in the proper slot by the export bus. If I craft a bunch of printed silicon beforehand, it gets placed in inventory and feeds into the inscriber just fine. But no matter what I do, it won't auto craft.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?
Try adding a pipe to the Interface connected to the bottom of the inscriber instead of an Export bus

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post pictures of your setup?

trinityamc, not sure I follow.. I wouldn't want an interface with a crafting recipe there as that's not the inscriber that's making the printed silicon. With the crafting card, the export bus should be triggering the interface on the inscriber set up to make the printed silicon to do so, but it isn't.

I thought maybe it was because I have only one crafting processor, so in my other world that I was playing on until recently and had the same setup and same problem, I added a second crafting processor and more memory to balance the unit and I still had the same issue.

Attachments

• 2015-07-27_18.34.55.png
    2015-07-27_18.34.55.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2015-07-27_18.38.19.png
    2015-07-27_18.38.19.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2015-07-27_18.41.56.png
    2015-07-27_18.41.56.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 53

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if this might be a bug. I went back and looked for how to automate the creation of processors, and I found a video, possibly the same one I originally found that gave me the idea to use the export bus with a crafting card, and in the video, it works 100% as it should. Mine, set up the same, doesn't export printed silicon unless I have it in inventory.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
trinityamc, not sure I follow.. I wouldn't want an interface with a crafting recipe there as that's not the inscriber that's making the printed silicon. With the crafting card, the export bus should be triggering the interface on the inscriber set up to make the printed silicon to do so, but it isn't.

I thought maybe it was because I have only one crafting processor, so in my other world that I was playing on until recently and had the same setup and same problem, I added a second crafting processor and more memory to balance the unit and I still had the same issue.
Do you have co-processing units?
I have another idea though a durp i Had myself with p2p Sub and quartz fiber so It wasnt connected
Also that pictures Dont load :/

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have a co-processor and a 4k storage. No quartz fiber.

It's not a communication thing - as I said, if I have printed silicon in inventory, it exports properly. But if I don't have printed silicon, but do have silicon, it doesn't craft the way it should.

The pictures show up when looking in a web page, but not in tapatalk, it seems.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
This may not affect it but:
Do you have 2 "Different" crafting CPU Setups. I would think that the Silicon craft would take an extra CPU to craft (as its entirely a different job). My setup works fine.

Cable line feeding 4 interfaces (on back) and 4 Import buses (on side) for the 4 "Circuit" jobs. and a different cable line feeding an interface on top setup with the 3 Processor patterns (1 Logic Circuit = 1 Logic Proc as example), an export bus on the back exporting redstone and a export bus on the bottom exporting the Silicon Circuits with a crafting card set to craft (make sure to check the setting) and then an import bus on the side pulling the finished product (4 channels). I have 4 CPU crafting banks (3 are 4k with 1 Co-Processor and 1 is a 2x16k's with 2 Co-Processors.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Well, FWIW, this is the youtube video is where I got the design idea from. His crafting processor setup only has one co-processor and one storage - the only difference is I don't have the additional 'crafting unit', however, my understanding is that it does not add anything, it will just act as a filler. I have the ME Smart cable for the four inscribers that make the circuits and printed silicon coming out of one side of the ME Controller, and the Smart cable that connects the inscriber that assembles the processor coming out of another side of the controller.