Strange item textures. Please help.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Strange item textures. Please help.
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
All
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
On every modpack that I load more than half of the items in the game (not when placed in the world, the actual item) dont have texture but simply a white square. I currently saw it happening with mage quest, agrarian skies 2 but im sure that if I will check more it will be the same.

King_Dennis

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any pictures you can upload on here? Make sure everything's up to date such as java. Then re-install the pack.

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
I have just installed the latest java version and just downloaded those pack. This is happenning also when I try to launch those with curse launcher. Maybe I have something that can help. when I entered the curse launcher a few days ago, (first time in the last months) there was an alert telling me something about graphics but I didnt bothered to read it and now I dont know how to see it again in case that is something helpful.
Here some pictures- (sorry if they too big, my first time uploading pictures)
9Mr1Nxc.png

iR78btI.png

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, this is really odd... As far as the graphics go, maybe your card has an update available?
My graphic card? I dont really know how to do those stuff. can you help me with that?

EDIT: Its not the card. I saw a video about how to update my card and when I did it it told me I have the latest update. Maybe a memory problem?

Last edited:

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen the video myself so I wanted to know how the video told you to check for updates.
Oh, well first I go to the control panel then > Adjust screen resulution > Advanced settings > properties > driver > update driver > search automatically for updated driver software.
I just noticed that it said graphics card drivers and not just graphics card, its different stuff?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Oh, well first I go to the control panel then > Adjust screen resulution > Advanced settings > properties > driver > update driver > search automatically for updated driver software.
I just noticed that it said graphics card drivers and not just graphics card, its different stuff?

You NEVER EVER update any driver that way. Always use the manufacturers website for any updates.

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
You NEVER EVER update any driver that way. Always use the manufacturers website for any updates.
ok, I will try that. Thanks for the help, btw.

EDIT: I have NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450, where do I need to go?

EDIT 2: ok I think I did it. I downloaded something called NVIDIA GeForce Experience and its downloading an update to my driver. I will tell you soon if it worked.

Last edited:

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
well, I updated my card using that software then reinstalled the mage quest pack, but the problem is still there, so its not the graphics card. Im also sure its not a memory problem because I once already played this pack with LESS memory then now and it was just fine.

EDIT: Just wanted to point that out, but the strangest thing is that the white square thing happens to totally random stuff, it isnt mod type or block type specific.

Last edited:

oren706

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using optifine?

Could you also post a console log?
1. No, Im not using Optifine. should I? (this pack uses fastcraft if thats matter)

2. console log?...the launcher one or the minecraft one? also how to post it? (sorry if its a bother that I dont know stuff like this)

EDIT: everyone relax! I removed fastcraft and it fixed it! thanks to everyone that tried to help me!

Last edited: