Wanting to create my own Mod Pack.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly how I want it to be done. I mostly know what mods to use.

The problem I am having is figuring out how to get started, any suggestions? (I took a look at Jadedcats mod list for tweaking stuff, should I use anything from that?)

While I will wait to start until I get my copy og Windows 10 today, after that I will get started, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing... at least a little bit :).

I have done some changing of mods before, mainly ore generation. (Which is going to be a highlight of my modpack... I wont tell what ATM, but this pack is going to be a hard one.)

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

BlockFizix

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started creating my modpack recently and I'm completely winging this... but I'd say taking things slow and tweaking one mod at a time will ensure that its well thought out. If you are planning on making an HQM pack, just get your theme/main concept finalized, and I'd focus on creating the quest(lines) and then tweaking the mods as necessary (changing recipes, world gen, etc.).

VeryHasted

Jul 29, 2019
Just change things over time if you have some beta tester that could give you some input.

//If you already have a base that is.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Not really what I meant. I mean like does FTB have a built in system where you can start making mod packs or do I have to completely go out and get a specific version of minecraft and then do a specific version of forge? I know I have to do specific versions mods. I just want to know if FTB launcher has an option where I can get a version of a MC with the right version or forge already installed.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
No, no it doesn't and probably never will of they keep on going with Curse Voice launcher.
The curse launcher is pretty powerful though despite being a slow buggy mess (took me 30 mins for curse to get through it's verification stage once.). Also I find that Curses lack of a consol log makes CTDs and crashes to menu just unsolvable.
You could use MultiMC which lets you upgrade forge at a whim. But then you will have a problem with distribution which is truly the hardest part of making a pack. Mods sourced from curse have implied permmissions for distribution. While MultiMC is essentially a manual affair meaning you would have to send the whole mc instance file over, which isn't exactly legal if you are dumb enough to include the Minecraft jar.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk