What is the most compact thing you have made??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is just to show off your most complicated builds!!
It is also here to inspire and let people see things they have never seen before.
Everyone be nice and lend a helping hand if someone does not understand your build!
Here is mine you guys I know I am not the best.
So there is 9 sludge boilders wrapped with Ender IO fluid conduit those are connected to a ender tank that feed them sludge. Under them have fluctuating item ducts to power the boilers and pull items out of them put them in a ender chest and put them back into the AE system.
9jhml0.jpg

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing about that build I can see a way to make it more compact.

Also
I placed a solar panel once. It was like a miniature Big Reactor feeding a miniature laser drill for yellorium - except the laser drill was pointing upwards, so it needed sky access instead of bedrock access.

Wut!?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Also

Wut!?

I made a Big Reactor, powering a laser drill to get more yellorium, and with some power left over.

It wasn't a very big Big Reactor, so it didn't make very much power. (It wasn't a very big laser drill either, so that didn't use much power and couldn't set things on fire)

I fit the whole system in one block.

I installed it upside down by mistake.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Compact stuff? Well got a few examples of that:

12 tree farms in one:
2015-07-05_10.21.51.png
Using the ME/BC gate/LP combo to send different kinds of saplings to MFR planters depending on needs. This is mostly for wood used for cosmetic stuff that does not make it worth having a tree farm dedicated purely for that specific sort of wood.

Ethanol distillation tower:
iUZt2xV.png

mRsHEkw.png

IbJ2OEj.png

Forestry Stills and MFR Bioreactors. ME+LP combo supplying Bioreactors with items, but only if items are over certain limits in the network(will not eat up all my items so I have none for crafting).

Dynamo "Stacks":
Xhwg5IR.png

lWDcOBN.png

J7JWIRL.png

Compression Dynamos clusters. Each cluster controlled by CC script: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-15#post-718973
Keeping an Energy cell for each cluster charged between 10-90%.

Should be more examples here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...s-a-build-journal-guide-collection-etc.42664/

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Compact stuff? Well got a few examples of that:

12 tree farms in one:
View attachment 20758 Using the ME/BC gate/LP combo to send different kinds of saplings to MFR planters depending on needs. This is mostly for wood used for cosmetic stuff that does not make it worth having a tree farm dedicated purely for that specific sort of wood.

Ethanol distillation tower:
iUZt2xV.png

mRsHEkw.png

IbJ2OEj.png

Forestry Stills and MFR Bioreactors. ME+LP combo supplying Bioreactors with items, but only if items are over certain limits in the network(will not eat up all my items so I have none for crafting).

Dynamo "Stacks":
Xhwg5IR.png

lWDcOBN.png

J7JWIRL.png

Compression Dynamos clusters. Each cluster controlled by CC script: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-15#post-718973
Keeping an Energy cell for each cluster charged between 10-90%.

Should be more examples here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...s-a-build-journal-guide-collection-etc.42664/
That distillation tower looks amazing!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Technically not the most compact thing I ever made but still pretty compact considering I am still using buidlcraft pipes and redstone engines to move the items
2015-07-05_16.54.44.png
2015-07-05_16.59.55.png
2015-07-05_17.00.01.png
Note that it is not totally done yet and that the chicken farm and the potato farm are not visible in this picture but they supply to this machine, I also need to start programming the turtles and get an enderchest going so I can supply this machine with stuff so it actually does stuff.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Technically not the most compact thing I ever made but still pretty compact considering I am still using buidlcraft pipes and redstone engines to move the items
Note that it is not totally done yet and that the chicken farm and the potato farm are not visible in this picture but they supply to this machine, I also need to start programming the turtles and get an enderchest going so I can supply this machine with stuff so it actually does stuff.
That brings me back to my nooby 1.4.7 days of trying to automate my IC2 ore processing with BC pipes and redstone engines with the most compact way possible :p
Had so much fun trying to solve the puzzle with Sandstone, Cobble/Stone, Iron pipes to pack it all as tight as possible, loops to prevent items from spilling etc.(it was a giant compact block of pipes, machines and redstone engines). Now I am wiser and know I can replace it all with a single diamomd pipe and a few hoppers :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
That brings me back to my nooby 1.4.7 days of trying to automate my IC2 ore processing with BC pipes and redstone engines with the most compact way possible :p
Had so much fun trying to solve the puzzle with Sandstone, Cobble/Stone, Iron pipes to pack it all as tight as possible, loops to prevent items from spilling etc.(it was a giant compact block of pipes, machines and redstone engines). Now I am wiser and know I can replace it all with a single diamomd pipe and a few hoppers :p
maybe, but when I build this I had no rf and only 5 diamonds left after I blew the diamond block up.
The mixer would still require the 2 turtles to make sure it would never fill up with dirty ores and to refill the bucket.
and the furnace in the back would also still be needed to bake the potatoes before I would use them to get power.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I made a Big Reactor, powering a laser drill to get more yellorium, and with some power left over.

It wasn't a very big Big Reactor, so it didn't make very much power. (It wasn't a very big laser drill either, so that didn't use much power and couldn't set things on fire)

I fit the whole system in one block.

I installed it upside down by mistake.

Are you saying you fit a reactor and a laser in a one block space? How is that possible when the smallest possible reactor is a 3x3x3?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
maybe, but when I build this I had no rf and only 5 diamonds left after I blew the diamond block up.
The mixer would still require the 2 turtles to make sure it would never fill up with dirty ores and to refill the bucket.
and the furnace in the back would also still be needed to bake the potatoes before I would use them to get power.
Oh none of my post was a remark to your setup. Your setup purely game me a nostalgic flashback ;)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Took me quite a while to compress this Mek 5x ore processing system to the footprint I had layed out for it, in a way so the machines, liquid and items are all visible. The one sidedness of the machines and multiple inputs made it complicated. The only thing not directly attached is the liquid hydrogen chloride and water coming from ender tanks. I planned on having those brought by rail but never got round to it.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Took me quite a while to compress this Mek 5x ore processing system to the footprint I had layed out for it, in a way so the machines, liquid and items are all visible. The one sidedness of the machines and multiple inputs made it complicated. The only thing not directly attached is the liquid hydrogen chloride and water coming from ender tanks. I planned on having those brought by rail but never got round to it.
Quick question: why the gap between the Factory machines? They can be placed directly adjacent to each other and eject directly into each other.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Love it man! super compact bro

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019

Very cool and compact!defiantly like the color scheme!

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
So guys I decided today to speed up my auto crafting and I tried to make this compact. So right now there are about 75 assemblers and about 24 interfaces they all have max upgrade of 5 acceleration cards. So I tried a bit more to compact :)
beh6xh.png

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So guys I decided today to speed up my auto crafting and I tried to make this compact. So right now there are about 75 assemblers and about 24 interfaces they all have max upgrade of 5 acceleration cards. So I tried a bit more to compact :)
beh6xh.png
RFTools Autocrafter all the way, man. 8 recipes at once and a ridiculous crafting rate. :)