Still crashing when trying to play on Lan

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Still crashing out when trying to play on Lan. This is happening daily and we are sick of having to roll back. How can we fix this? We have tried restarting both computers, I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled Infinity. My partners computer is the one hosting and he does not crash out, it's only me that does.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Still crashing out when trying to play on Lan. This is happening daily and we are sick of having to roll back. How can we fix this? We have tried restarting both computers, I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled Infinity. My partners computer is the one hosting and he does not crash out, it's only me that does.
Use a server instead :) Then you can always make back ups and its a lot better. As for your issue I do not know I do think the crash log said at the bottom you are using JAVA 7 ? Just update to latest 64 bit java :) and make sure you have a minimum of 2GB of ram to your client side :)m Hope this helps ya in some way.

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
Use a server instead :) Then you can always make back ups and its a lot better. As for your issue I do not know I do think the crash log said at the bottom you are using JAVA 7 ? Just update to latest 64 bit java :) and make sure you have a minimum of 2GB of ram to your client side :)m Hope this helps ya in some way.
I had tried to update Java but I will try again. Also we are not paying for a server and we can do roll backs but we should not have to do it every single day just for me to get on and play. We have not had this many problems in the past.

Last edited:

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm well good news for you is that you can run a server on one of your guys machines :) no need to pay for one. I do not know what to tell you about the situation.
Isnt opening to Lan making it a server? That is what we have been doing

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt opening to Lan making it a server? That is what we have been doing
No there is a way to download the server directly off the FTB client. Like when you are gonna load the game look at the top for download server and click that. But that is another story and greatly depends on either of your computer specs as toward who would run the server :)

Reactions: nikkistrath

jccmuir

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it is my computer that has been hosting and i cannot see why rolling back the map with Aroma backup is helping get her back in the game if it's an issue with GPU drivers or Java? Also having issues with my PC's speed for running a server so that sadly is out of the question too. I cannot figure out why it will suddenly crash the game out to desktop randomly as it does and why a rollback puts things right again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it is my computer that has been hosting and i cannot see why rolling back the map with Aroma backup is helping get her back in the game if it's an issue with GPU drivers or Java? Also having issues with my PC's speed for running a server so that sadly is out of the question too. I cannot figure out why it will suddenly crash the game out to desktop randomly as it does and why a rollback puts things right again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
It is because you guys are on a LAN world instead of a real server. If you crash on something it will roll back to when the client side last saved. I think its like every 30 minutes or something. You guys are better off maybe playing on a server that someone has online and making a base together on it since you two can not host a real server at this moment. Then you guys will not have to worry about losing so much and you 2 will be able to talk to other people as well :)
Here is a link to a bunch of FTB server http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/servers/

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
It is because you guys are on a LAN world instead of a real server. If you crash on something it will roll back to when the client side last saved. I think its like every 30 minutes or something. You guys are better off maybe playing on a server that someone has online and making a base together on it since you two can not host a real server at this moment. Then you guys will not have to worry about losing so much and you 2 will be able to talk to other people as well :)
Here is a link to a bunch of FTB server http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/servers/
We do not want to be on a real server. We have played heaps of mod packs by lan and its worked fine. We have finally found a modpack that we both really enjoy and want to carry on playing by Lan.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
We do not want to be on a real server. We have played heaps of mod packs by lan and its worked fine. We have finally found a modpack that we both really enjoy and want to carry on playing by Lan.
I do not know what to tell ya then. Sorry.....

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
ig75icd64.dll

The file mentiond above from your log is refering to your video card. I would suggest that you check for an update for them. Do not use windows update or any other method other than going to Intel's website and checking there.

Reactions: idjmleader

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Just posting this because there seems to be a bit of a misconception about servers and clients, note I am not an expert on this and thus might not be totally right.

There is no real difference between singleplayer and multiplayer except for the fact that the server in multiplayer is not the same process as the client and usually is on a different computer all together.
The reason is because when you start a single player game the game starts its own server and only lets you connect to it unless you open it to LAN then it accepts everyone and it behaves just like a normal server except that it misses some commands like/op and /ban.

That is the only real difference, no difference in when it saves or how it saves or any other thing, just the commands and that it is the same process as the client on the computer who hosts it.

Reactions: nikkistrath

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Just posting this because there seems to be a bit of a misconception about servers and clients, note I am not an expert on this and thus might not be totally right.

There is no real difference between singleplayer and multiplayer except for the fact that the server in multiplayer is not the same process as the client and usually is on a different computer all together.
The reason is because when you start a single player game the game starts its own server and only lets you connect to it unless you open it to LAN then it accepts everyone and it behaves just like a normal server except that it misses some commands like/op and /ban.

That is the only real difference, no difference in when it saves or how it saves or any other thing, just the commands and that it is the same process as the client on the computer who hosts it.
I agree with this Lenscas, but on another note it is really just a better idea to play on a server if you are doing any type of multi player. I say this just for the reason you can back up the world anytime you like. You can read what the server is doing and things like that. I always play my own server I wont even touch single player. It is just to much risk in my eyes, but there is 1 single player I would probably play and thats material and energy^4. I say that because it wont let me download a server :((( < big frowny face lol

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
ig75icd64.dll

The file mentiond above from your log is refering to your video card. I would suggest that you check for an update for them. Do not use windows update or any other method other than going to Intel's website and checking there.
Thanks, I did this and it still did not help

nikkistrath

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with this Lenscas, but on another note it is really just a better idea to play on a server if you are doing any type of multi player. I say this just for the reason you can back up the world anytime you like. You can read what the server is doing and things like that. I always play my own server I wont even touch single player. It is just to much risk in my eyes, but there is 1 single player I would probably play and thats material and energy^4. I say that because it wont let me download a server :((( < big frowny face lol
They way me and my partner play it has back ups so its no different to a server

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Did you update the Nvidia one? There should be an option in the Nvidia control panel to choose which GPU to use. I'd recommend selectig the Nvidia card to run MC.