64x [64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

Your responses are getting very obnoxious now, multiple staff members have told how to get a hold of textures. Yet you don't seem to be taking that in? To view attached content on the forums (I.E: Screenshots / Textures) you need to be registered and signed in. Along with that yes we have the system where you have to click a link in an email to verify your account, it's a thing called spam prevention and makes sure that the account is human and not a bot. Most forums now use this verification method. I don't see how thats annoying or "unnecessary", not having that system in place would allow forums to filled with junk and spam related threads.

There is no need to use any sarcasm in your responses either, all the staff have been helpful to aid a resolution to your problem but all you seem to be doing is coming back with more complaints. As @DrumMaster4 has said you can find textures on our forums which may be the type of texture you are looking for. That's the resolution to your problem if you don't want to make an account on our forums, then there is nothing more that we can help you with.

~ artdude543

SephirothWS

Jul 29, 2019
Your responses are getting very obnoxious now, multiple staff members have told how to get a hold of textures. Yet you don't seem to be taking that in?

Yet I have found these textures I am looking for, but my other issue remains. I guess I will sigh it up and register, but I still feel it's very pointless and annoying to have to juggle email just to view stuff on a forum. Just my 2 cents.

DrumMaster4

Jul 29, 2019
Yet I have found these textures I am looking for, but my other issue remains. I guess I will sigh it up and register, but I still feel it's very pointless and annoying to have to juggle email just to view stuff on a forum. Just my 2 cents.
You click one email link to verify that you're an actual person and not a bot sent to spam the forum. It really should not be that bad to click a link one time so you can have access to a forum. The email comes once, it's not a repeated email and you don't get more emails if you don't want them. But if that's too hard for you, just don't sign up and wait or the customizer. Signing up takes -- maybe -- 2 minutes including the email verification. It's not really an issue...

If you wish to continue this conversation or if any issue still remains, please feel free to message myself or SoartexFanver and we will be glad to help resolve this.

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, just started using this with The Dark Trilogy. Ran into an issue with JourneyMap. The map writer sees all the surface blocks as just black, and adds structures/trees etc to that.
The black areas have been updated as I walk around after loading this TP.
Any ideas?

journeyfanver.jpg

http://imgur.com/eIEyc3X

OliveSkunk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I have a question, hopefully a simple one.

In regards to FTB Infinity, what is the difference between the Soartex Fanver pack that is on the FTB launcher and the one on the Soartex website? Because the version number is the same 2.7.4 but the folder structure is different with different files in it too.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

Hey there! The download on the launcher has been updated to a newer build. The major differences between the two is the site downloads are always more up to date than the FTB launcher ones. So we recommend to using the main download off our sites to ensure you're using the latest and greatest.

~ artdude543

Reactions: OliveSkunk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If I may make a request... I really enjoy this mod pack, however while Thermal Expansion has a line item, Thermal Foundation does not, which is rather jarring since I use Thermal Foundation for oregen. Is this already on your to-do list? At least for the ores, if not the rest.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have a problem with the appearance of water after switching to Soartex. My water looks almost invisible, like this:

SoartexWater.jpg

I've seen people playing in videos with the same resource pack and water wasn't so transparant as to be almost invisible. What can I do? This problem exists independently from having Optifine installed, no graphics settings that plausibly affect water affects it, and I had the same problem last year causing me to give up on this rasource pack, meaning it has survived a system upgrade, a Minecraft upgrade and has appeared in the FTB Monster, Direwolf20 (1.6.4) and Resonant Rise 3 modpacks in exactly the same way. I'd have thought it was as intended, but I can't imagine anyone would want water to look like that, and as I said, I've seen people get different water with the same resource pack.

Please help!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have a problem with the appearance of water after switching to Soartex. My water looks almost invisible, like this:

SoartexWater.jpg

I've seen people playing in videos with the same resource pack and water wasn't so transparant as to be almost invisible. What can I do? This problem exists independently from having Optifine installed, no graphics settings that plausibly affect water affects it, and I had the same problem last year causing me to give up on this rasource pack, meaning it has survived a system upgrade, a Minecraft upgrade and has appeared in the FTB Monster, Direwolf20 (1.6.4) and Resonant Rise 3 modpacks in exactly the same way. I'd have thought it was as intended, but I can't imagine anyone would want water to look like that, and as I said, I've seen people get different water with the same resource pack.

Please help!
I'm pretty sure that is as intended. At least this is how it have looked for me ever since I can remember.

With Optifine, clear water ON:
b0F3vGO.png

With Optifine, Clear water OFF:
PS881EF.png

The difference is how far light penetrates down(how "murky" the water becomes with depth).

And I have honestly never had any problems with noticing it. It is clear yes. But real water is not a opaque blue substance.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Which means that other guy whose video I watched had a mod that overrides this. I guess I'll have to track it down. Thanks again for answering.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which means that other guy whose video I watched had a mod that overrides this. I guess I'll have to track it down. Thanks again for answering.
Pretty sure you could just open the Soartex zip and remove the water textures.
Believe its the ones located at: assets\minecraft\textures\blocks

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Further adding to the water problem, is near impossible to tell when the petal apothecary is full right now:

meIrjWm.png

Also Thermal Expansion GUI seem to be some pixels off, as you can see on the progress icon at the middle:

NyONJSq.png

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Either the modpack you are playing is not using the new version of the CoFH mods or you are using an outdated texture pack. As the issue was fixed for the newer builds due to texture changes in the mod. The water thing is something that is difficult to change as it would require changing a Vanilla texture. Which is something we'd rather not changed unless absolutely needed to fix a serious bug, but I've added it to the pill of water bugs to see if there's anything we can do. To fix it without having to change Vanilla textures.

The water being as transparent is intentional from the base resource pack.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm i'm using May 17 master file, on Infinity 1.41. So i guess i will have to get a older file for that then. Thanks for the info.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Just as an update here, we are soon to be pushing our new downloads system so. Daily downloads will become a thing along with the patches always being kept up to date (As much as possible as patches will still be on the legacy system) But modpacks / universal downloads will be built daily and released. Giving you guys the latest and greatest and hopefully quicker pushes of bug fixes and so forth.

~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just as an update here, we are soon to be pushing our new downloads system so. Daily downloads will become a thing along with the patches always being kept up to date (As much as possible as patches will still be on the legacy system) But modpacks / universal downloads will be built daily and released. Giving you guys the latest and greatest and hopefully quicker pushes of bug fixes and so forth.

~ artdude543
Will this include the feature of finally being able to see when/if a pack have been updated? You know a version number or date stamp or something(we talked about this before).

As it is now it gets a bit tiresome as there is no way to know if you need to update or not. Only real way of being sure is to regularly download it again, but that is rather annoying to have to do needlessly if you like me modifies the pack as well.

Also, are the older versions still being updated? Like if textures for a 1.7 mod are made, will they also be added to the 1.6 version of the mod if applicable? Or are the older packs locked from any further changes?

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
When will it finally give all the textures for Witchery, Chisel 2 and Botania? Or we ask just so ...

When finally all textures for Direwolf20 MC1.7.10 be ready?
Will there ever be ready?

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
When will it finally give all the textures for Witchery, Chisel 2 and Botania? Or we ask just so ...

When finally all textures for Direwolf20 MC1.7.10 be ready?
Will there ever be ready?

Unlike certain bigger packs like "Faithful" for example, "Soartex" is only made by a very small community, so updates take longer to be released. You can check the last releases here https://github.com/Soartex-Modded , and maybe if you have some artistic skills even volunteer to help the team.

Reactions: SoartexFanver