1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
1)Get a mobspawner
2)Funnel mobs to altar
3)Dagger of sacrifice/well of suffering/Drill of the dead(sanguimancy)
4)???
5)Profit
That's a little different mate. Firstly, it requires a hell of a lot of setup compared to the pump and tesseract or ender tank you'd have otherwise. Secondly, even a mobspawner, unless you have a lot, won't get anywhere NEAR the amount of blood you'll get from a blood sea.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Because it's that speed that makes it all WAY too easy. The game isn't meant to just be easy as possible.
Well, In my opinion, the game isn't REALLY meant to be anything. That's why its a sandbox. If someone wants to make a blood ocean and they don't really care if it sounds cheaty to others then good for them. This is even more true for a kitchen sink pack, it's not really that balanced at all. If this was a heavily balanced pack with a clear progression line then I would have a different opinion on this. But this is in fact infinity, so... yeah.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... I don't care that he's being cheaty with the blood ocean, but you shouldn't try to say that it isn't cheaty

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
That's a little different mate. Firstly, it requires a hell of a lot of setup compared to the pump and tesseract or ender tank you'd have otherwise. Secondly, even a mobspawner, unless you have a lot, won't get anywhere NEAR the amount of blood you'll get from a blood sea.
Well also consider IO rate in the altar. It's not going to be nearly as fast as a spawner unless you have a ton of dislocation runes.

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
"Cheating" is entirely subjective and varies from person to person. It is really useless as a measure for anything.

What prevents me personally from exploiting exotic liquid and block worlds is practically no mods are balanced against that very large influx of resources. And in the end all it results in is robbing myself of content that mod authors and modpack makers(hopefully) have spend time creating and balancing out. But again this is just me. I enjoy the journey of the mods, even if many other find it "grindy". Others are all about the end goal and don't care much about how they reach it. I personally find it sad that some people are willing to ignore most/all the high quality parts of mods as long as they get the end goal rewards. But if they are happy, who am I to judge?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Personal opinion dictates what is considered cheaty and what isn't. Some view the ocean as cheaty, others don't.
True I suppose. Just like OP-ness, I don't consider 90% of the things people claim to be OP as actually OP. :p

((btw I don't consider being cheaty and cheating as the same thing. With so many using the words interchangeably, I just wanted to make my wording clearer. ^^ ))

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Well that escalated quickly;)

PS: the life essence ocean is sooooo cheaty in early game blood magic, I brute forced to a tier 5 in a couple of hours. In fact the life essence dimlet has been nerfed to require 1000rf/t(I actually suggested it). Later game in BM it really is just an alternative to a mob spawner.

The environmental controller is actually even more cheaty but there's incoming configs to balance it a bit(also my suggestion)

Last edited:
Reactions: rhn

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 17: Nodes, Blood and a Pyramid...

So no thread would be complete without a little bit of "discussion" but let's move on:

jZkhbxY.png

To Mr Node finally getting over 1024 in the aspects.

p3azkXJ.jpg

The "Flux Box", plan was to blow up an energised node by breaking the stabiliser to release some flux and taint the area however this required some experimentation and a few resets to backup.
First time I blew up the node the box was made of cobble and I had all my cauldrons placed already so yeah...
Second time I switched off the "safe mode" on my Draconic Staff and upped it to 9x9x9 to clear out the dropping mechanism above, I then broke the stabiliser without switching back.... Bye bye Mr. Node...

0XIEUFW.jpg

This was the 3rd attempt, caught most of the flux but as you can see some escaped, eh close enough.

SAUTcUi.png

Flux pool after 16 stacks of cobble, 4 stacks of iron and a Draconic staff of power(yip) all dumped into the crucibles.

1T25rOn.jpg

I may have made a slight mess.... But turns out flux does cause taint so be careful if you're an especially messy Thaumaturge.

VSYP41t.jpg

Mr Node is now slightly less evil!

gJM8n4f.png

And here he is all energised up, major Z-fighting(probably optifine) so sadly I can't show you the size of the thing. Land around is protected by 16 ethereal blooms and a pure node in a silverwood, as of yet no sign of taint... What I'm going to use it for I've no idea but TC is a future project to "finish"

pRwGWqc.jpg

The Lapis floor of my infamous blood ocean, no idea why it did that but hey another power sink.

LacEhtg.jpg
AAiTzs7.jpg
Zrb0lvI.png
1GueHGT.jpg

And my Blood Magic "room"(instead of killing mobs or myself I built this while the slates were autocrafting), an exact replica of the Great Pyramid of Giza(it really isn't), towers are for the rituals.

W2pJ6Jz.jpg
sBkOeE2.jpg

The interior, generous lashings of Decocraft helped a lot. Tier 6 still coming once I work out what I need to do, haven't actually done too much in BM, just needed the transposer to move my node. And yes you need a "ton" of dislocation runes so the altar can keep up.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
You were going to get an update today but my power tripped and the RAMDisk lost the screenies... Soooooo not booting up my server as I'm enough, updated to 1.6.1 and the "Can't keep up" errors are back and CPU and RAM have both spiked to over 90%. Getting really tired of this modpacks bullshit, I don't know who the pack creator is but he must be running his test instance on a supercomputer, this pack just eats servers and clients for breakfast. And I'm not trying to run it on a potato either, client not a monster PC but FPS is good, it's the server that's struggling(3rd party provider, dual core 3.6GHZ, 2GB RAM, only one bloody player on).

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
In the OP I said I would be showing people how my world came about, instead I've been going "Look I made a thing, worship me!"....

So if theres any unsure builders out there(noobs) here's a quick guide to building a decent looking structure in minecraft from the world's most un-creative man:

The rest of you look away now.

1. Get an idea, not difficult. I use google, so I searched Bee Room and got this:

7r8RlxX.jpg

From here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...icated-24-7-grief-prevention-mature-15.22875/

Never ever post up anything you didn't design and claim credit btw, in all my OP's you'll notice I say I claim none of this as my own work(coke ovens are a modification of Etho's for example). These guys are lucky as I'm actually linking to their thread cos of this guide.

2. Fail to plan and you plan to fail. The image is not very clear but you can work out the planks are 3 wide and the wall is in the middle, so start with what you can see and place the cobble down in the pattern that's visible. Then I did the walls on the flat edges and worked around the middle section to get an idea of the shape. I then looked carefully at the intersections and built out the other hexagons.

Every. Single. Piece. Of that cobble is gone now...

59IWPoX.jpg

3. Swap out where you planned your walls with spruce logs. Check every block to make sure your pattern is right. Textures can be changed with a flick of the wand, shapes are a LOT more difficult to fix if you balls it up.

xAqrZhW.jpg

4. Add in your glass, you've just spent an hour working out this intricate shape, do you really want little squares all over it? No... use connected textures so the only edges visible are those of your awesome hexagons.

ef9xr1l.jpg

5. Planks on top of your glass, CHECK YOUR SHAPE!

MWwyDre.jpg

6. See all that cobble you meticulously placed for the inner edges, match your inside overhang to it to get the perfect hexagonal roof.

SV97j9A.jpg

7. Now go around the outside for the exterior overhang, this is why I stole this design, you get 4 hexagons in one building(inside roof, outside roof, walls and exterior boundary). So much better than squares.

qabnncM.jpg

8. Fill in the floors with dirt, finally all the cobble is gone, yes 12 stacks of cobble put down just to pick it all back up again.

wb8COvw.jpg

9. Add in the "support" structure, cos floating dirt platforms are lame.

Kq9BBZJ.jpg

And there you have a basis for a cool building, now that I'm done I probably would have prefered each cell on a different level but those shapes are quite difficult to do and would've ended in a mess.

All that's needed now is lighting, detailing and to fill it with stuff!

A proper update should come this week, bit demotivated from all the server lag and RL got completely insane for a while. Back to some free time and my schedule from today though.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Great builds man... don't worry, we all get inspiration from different places :p

love the pyramids man. I had a similar idea but never did anything with it. You're came out a lot better than I think mine would have ROFL.

my original diagram LOL

how-to-draw-a-pyramid-step-1_1_000000014923_5.jpg

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Great builds man... don't worry, we all get inspiration from different places :p

love the pyramids man. I had a similar idea but never did anything with it. You're came out a lot better than I think mine would have ROFL.

my original diagram LOL

Your pyramide has a very strange curve in the floor line. I think you should fix this.