[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
you can also get moss balls with the chisel, get stone (not cobble) and chisel it into mossy stone bricks, no nature essence required :D (and the chisel recipe is set to be with flint in this pack)
also, there's a setting in iguanatweaks that allows you to craft tools in a normal crafting window, I can't remember if there's 2 settings for the normal and the advanced tools, but it seems to be enabled since you can make your first set of flint tools without a crafting table.
Edit: just tested, can't seem to make a lumber axe in the 2x2 crafting grid (damnit, didn't check the crafting table, shouldn't make a difference though)
Edit2: just had a quick look through the config, 2/3 part tools can be crafted any crafting grid, 4-part tools can't, you can also reuse tool parts as a material in the part builder (e.g. made flint shovelhead by accident but need axe-head, use shovel-head in part builder to make axe-head).

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the stencils, but you'll need a tool forge to make a lumber axe, and that requires iron.

Do you mean for the four ore blocks in the recipe? They can be replaced with copper, tin or bronze (and other more expensive ones).

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean for the four ore blocks in the recipe? They can be replaced with copper, tin or bronze (and other more expensive ones).
that is what we are talking about, you don't necessarily need iron, but I think that the quest book specifically asks for an iron tool forge (it might be meta-data independent though) anyhow, you need to get to the metal age first...

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Since I'm rather new in Witchery (I played a bit with circle magic, but months ago. Since then alot changed) I need a little help with creating the "Mutating Sprig".
NEI aswell as the brewery-book says I need to put a Netherwart, Ent Twig and Mutandis Extremis in the cauldron. The book says I need 2'200 Power in my altar (which I have). But for some reason nothing happens. The water turns red and nothing else.
The cauldron is close enough to get power (since I made Mutandis Extremis with it I'm 100% sure). So wondering what I might do wrong, following the recipe as it's written down :/

[edit]
Argh... the questbook tells me I need alot more Altar Power, hmph! Totally overread that part. :(

Put a small and medium brewing ritual circle around the cauldron as shown in the witches brews book. Reduces the power by a good amount.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
nice setup, never thought of doing it that way, btw, what are you using for light sources? are those tanks of molten aluminum??

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, as others above this post have pointed out the Tinkers tool forge can be made with nearly any Tinkers compatible metal or alloy that that can be made in the Tinkers smeltery. It just has to be metal. which I don't have yet. I'm working on advancing in Botania (made the Runic Altar! I'm so pro now! lol) and Magical Crops but I just found out that you can grow all the Botania flowers with Agricraft so I'm off on another Agricraft mutating/crossbreeding tangent for a few hours. If I can garden the Botania flowers as I need them, that would be far better than the uneven, random yields I get with the floral fertilizer.

Also those storage drawers--is there a way to move them without emptying their inventory? I know the JABBA dolly can move vanilla chests but I don't know if it can move these. I don't want to use them to extensively until I know if moving them would be a pain or not.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, as others above this post have pointed out the Tinkers tool forge can be made with nearly any Tinkers compatible metal or alloy that that can be made in the Tinkers smeltery. It just has to be metal. which I don't have yet. I'm working on advancing in Botania (made the Runic Altar! I'm so pro now! lol) and Magical Crops but I just found out that you can grow all the Botania flowers with Agricraft so I'm off on another Agricraft mutating/crossbreeding tangent for a few hours. If I can garden the Botania flowers as I need them, that would be far better than the uneven, random yields I get with the floral fertilizer.

Also those storage drawers--is there a way to move them without emptying their inventory? I know the JABBA dolly can move vanilla chests but I don't know if it can move these. I don't want to use them to extensively until I know if moving them would be a pain or not.
jabba dolly can move storage drawers, can't move the improved chests though.
and personally, I used floral fertilizer all the time, until I had redstone and made a jaded amaranthus, didn't feel like getting kicked by RNG trying to get all the different flower seeds :p

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
For some flowers, including glimmering/floating flowers thus floating generating/functional flowers and some thaumcraft addon flowers like the whisperweed, actual flowers are needed instead of only the petals.
So it is unwise to "burn" all floral fertiliser and converting the flowers all to petals either.
Just a heads up for new players who don't know this.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on advancing in Botania (made the Runic Altar! I'm so pro now! lol) and Magical Crops but I just found out that you can grow all the Botania flowers with Agricraft so I'm off on another Agricraft mutating/crossbreeding tangent for a few hours. If I can garden the Botania flowers as I need them, that would be far better than the uneven, random yields I get with the floral fertilizer.

As PippenSmith has noted, an easier and cheaper way to get Botania flowers is with the Jaded Amaranthus, I highly recommend it if you want to do giant projects with the mod.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
As PippenSmith has noted, an easier and cheaper way to get Botania flowers is with the Jaded Amaranthus, I highly recommend it if you want to do giant projects with the mod.
and it's quicker to automate with botania, before you can get golems..

and floral fertilizer can still be crafted with floral powder (or rose red and dandelion yellow) and bonemeal, so if you are using the agricraft way of doing it and desperately need an actual flower, you're not doomed ;)

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the floral fertilzer is easily craftable so I'm not worried about obtaining the whole Botania flowers down the line. I just really like the option to picking respawning petals if it's petals that I need at that time. If I need the flowers, yes I know there are ways to obtain them otherwise. Besides I really like Agricraft and must do all the AgriCraft things.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
then again, I never really needed that much petals (my mana generation is not fully blewn up, I'm patient enough to just wait for my pools to fill up) I only needed 'lots' of them for the hand-in to get one essence quests...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The Floral Green powder is a lot faster to get than Cactus Green, for all your Mutandis needs. ;)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I'm making a fish hatching room. Am I right that there are 40 different fish in Mariculture? Also, is there any use specific to poison droplets outside of the impurity upgrades? 'Cause those Sting Rays are being quite productive, and I'm thinking Void Chest at this point.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
and floral fertilizer can still be crafted with floral powder (or rose red and dandelion yellow) and bonemeal, so if you are using the agricraft way of doing it and desperately need an actual flower, you're not doomed ;)
You can also make Floral Fertilizer by dropping Bonemeal into a Mana Pool over an Alchemical Catalyst, which makes for /much/ faster generation of flowers later on.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm making a fish hatching room. Am I right that there are 40 different fish in Mariculture? Also, is there any use specific to poison droplets outside of the impurity upgrades? 'Cause those Sting Rays are being quite productive, and I'm thinking Void Chest at this point.
pretty sure they're the only way to get poisonous potatoes, but you really only need 1 of those and then you can easily get more w normal crafting.

other than that, probably some kind of potions? I dunno, check nei

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure they're the only way to get poisonous potatoes, but you really only need 1 of those and then you can easily get more w normal crafting.

other than that, probably some kind of potions? I dunno, check nei
can get poisonous potato with botania iirc