Steampunk Modpack in Progress

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some WIP mods that I would really like to try when they are finished. One is called Steampunkery. The other is Magitech. Both look like they will be awesome. I think if you do a pack like this right, it will be fun

Reactions: Psychicash

sknif

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Zombie Awareness, Train mod (steam trains and zeppelins) and thirst mod (steampunk apocalypse with awareness and wastelandgenerator)
cute mob models because its cute : P

Last edited:

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
umm... this topic is from over a year ago...

as for steampunk: clockwork phase.
Yeah, he's right. I kind of abandoned this project and are working on other things right now. Don't worry, steampunk and minecraft are two of my passions so I'm bound to make them kiss sooner or later.
I appreciate your interest though guys. It's good to see other people are interested.

WorldlyIdeas

Jul 29, 2019
Have I seen you on another steampunk thread before?
Either way, I've put together a Steampunk modpack that has quite a few good mods if you wanna steal a few. Pistronics 2 is amazing, and Cogs of the Machine has been updated to 1.7.10. a few other amazing mods there as well.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...2107-steampunkd-modpack-youve-been-steampunkd
I'm still scavenging the forums for all the best I can find. I've been thinking about adding clockwork phase as well.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I take it Flaxbeards Steam Power mod was not a thing in March 2014 lol.
You could use it as a centerpiece mod and select mods that enhance it. All you would really need is a sort of redstone control mod. If ProjRed is too high tech there's always that redpaste mod. If magitech is your poison then maybe Automagi. Then there's not much else id add exept maybe railcraft.
For item transport I'd go hopper ducts (if it's still a thing), not nearly as powerful as EIO and TD but is just low tech enough to not clash with the steampunk esthetic.
Then just add adventure mods untill there's enough to do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Psychicash

WorldlyIdeas

Jul 29, 2019
I take it Flaxbeards Steam Power mod was not a thing in March 2014 lol.
You could use it as a centerpiece mod and select mods that enhance it. All you would really need is a sort of redstone control mod. If ProjRed is too high tech there's always that redpaste mod. If magitech is your poison then maybe Automagi. Then there's not much else id add exept maybe railcraft.
For item transport I'd go hopper ducts (if it's still a thing), not nearly as powerful as EIO and TD but is just low tech enough to not clash with the steampunk esthetic.
Then just add adventure mods untill there's enough to do.

Yes Hopper ducts is still a thing I believe. :p I use it in my pack.
Flaxbeards steam power came about in late 2014. I believe sometime in October. I could be wrong on that but it was later in the year.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why there isn't many steampunk themed mods around. Flaxbeards seems to be the only obvious one I know of.
Id like to see a mod themed similarly to a old fallout style isometric RPG called Arcanum; Of steamworks and makical obscura. In this world magic and tech where in direct opposition as tech followed and utilized the laws of nature to work where as magic worked by subjugating and even breaking the laws of nature. An example given was electricity haveing the tendancy to take the closest path to an earth, and that lightning never strikes from the ground to the sky. A powerful mage however could very simply cast a bolt in to a cloud.
The oposing nature of magic amd tech where so severe that a mages power could fail if in the presence of a large well tuned and powerful machine. Conversly a dinky steam engine could fail to work and potentially malfunction in the presence of a master mage.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why there isn't many steampunk themed mods around. Flaxbeards seems to be the only obvious one I know of.
Id like to see a mod themed similarly to a old fallout style isometric RPG called Arcanum; Of steamworks and makical obscura. In this world magic and tech where in direct opposition as tech followed and utilized the laws of nature to work where as magic worked by subjugating and even breaking the laws of nature. An example given was electricity haveing the tendancy to take the closest path to an earth, and that lightning never strikes from the ground to the sky. A powerful mage however could very simply cast a bolt in to a cloud.
The oposing nature of magic amd tech where so severe that a mages power could fail if in the presence of a large well tuned and powerful machine. Conversly a dinky steam engine could fail to work and potentially malfunction in the presence of a master mage.

The other end of the spectrum which you present in Arcanum would be in Dungeons and Dragon's Eberron, which makes magic and technology inextricably linked to one another while presenting a steampunk-style setting, though I wouldn't call it Victorian Steampunk, just classic fantasy DnD style steampunk. I quite like it myself, but to each their own and all that!

Believe it or not, Eberron is actually a player created world setting that was submitted as part of a contest several years back. It took first place and got its own campaign setting, rulebooks, and all the rest of the stuff that goes with a DnD campaign setting. Still kind of regret not entering that contest way back when, haha.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's magipunk when you take a fantasy setting and fast forward the time to an industrial age. They still have a similar esthetic though.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like Hopper Ducts. It feels like those tubes you stick a cylinder into, and it gets sucked to the destination.