Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Transition tracks are only one way though. I'd never seen the math on how many rails to accelerate/decelerate for turns, and I see I was using insufficient numbers for the job.

I think I'll stick with Reinforced Rails though. 25% speed boost, no blaze fighting required. Plus they look really cool.

Illiron

Jul 29, 2019
Hi here's a Pic of my Mage-Tech Tower. I'm using the FTB Infinity Pack.

2015-04-24_20.49.59.png

More Pics are available in my Blog:
http://www.illiron.de/blog/?p=772

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Transition tracks are only one way though. I'd never seen the math on how many rails to accelerate/decelerate for turns, and I see I was using insufficient numbers for the job.

I think I'll stick with Reinforced Rails though. 25% speed boost, no blaze fighting required. Plus they look really cool.
Yeah I usually just stick with normal tracks and spam a lot of Booster tracks to ensure max speed. And some places I even slow it down. It is fast enough for me as I like to place scenery to enjoy or small details to look at while on the ride.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My private trains all run on normal track and use either 2 or 3 for a speed setting unless I'm in a hurry.

Reinforced tracks are for quarry trains, and inside the base item and fluid handling. The former because I quarry the overworld a long distance away, and the latter because I want all the speed I can get. Won't need as much this time, since I'm using a much flatter base. (Still multiple levels of terrain, but each building is only one or two floors.)

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had much time to play MC this week. I've had a lot to accomplish in the real world :) Still, I have managed to do a few things, cosmetic mostly. Also I had forgot to show my Mystcraft/Enchanting rooms little secret.

17269373261_14c8194db7_b.jpg

I had shown this. A nice, clean and open space. However for the enchanting table to effectively "do it's thing" it needs to be a little bit different.
17268100472_5b07f4c0d2_b.jpg

Using draw bridges and an invisible pressure plate I bring the book cases into the correct proximity for effective enchanting.

The outside of that area also got a slight face lift.
17243914806_0ec169b67c_b.jpg

I liked the portal room well enough, but after consideration I decided to change it a bit. I rather like the new look. I am thinking what with all I'm learning I may just start a new world and apply these things in a less haphazard way.
16649656133_ab1e798de6_b.jpg

17268098092_b69bc20662_b.jpg

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my current FTB Infinity base; still WIP, but getting there.

SksHw32.png

The Mystcraft Portal room, with a glimpse of my energy storage above it through the strategically positioned window.

C8Vlxon.png

yFpqe6O.png

My main tech room, with AE2 automation, various machines and a bit of random stuff that has yet to find a home.

lA1BRTu.png

My Thaumcraft area.

v5sZm7c.png

I always liked stabilising my altars with the heads of my fallen enemies.

kxm5trK.png

Alchemical furnace, with self-sorting essentia system.

p0VqgFM.png

My very own Jacuzzi area as an annex, for when life gets a little too crazy.

ugoT9N3.png

Onto another platform, for my T5 Blood Altar, fed by a Well of Suffering located beneath.

YlPynuB.png

As you can see, they're all having a wonderful time. Vacuum chests collect any drops and feed them back to the AE system.

jCoCMkZ.png

Another annex! This one's for summoning and killing demons.

zairGeG.png

This platform is going to be used for Witchery or Botania, but for now it just houses a small, underslung farm.

ItYQlXi.png

The not so Big reactor, which nevertheless pumps out a fair bit of energy with great fuel efficiency.

3HAIcF8.png

An aerial view of the whole base. I still have one platform to finish and another to start, and I need to hide away some of the wiring for the tech stuff still.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I wish that those beams going into the DE enregy core would get bigger as you build a higher tier of energy core. That would be awesome

Reactions: Padfoote

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It gave me some issues with my automatic reactor control, but everything seems to be working now. In several years time I get to find out if the off function works as well as the on function :p

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! It's the first time I've built a Void base, and it's great to have the space to work with!

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone want to see a reasonably capable AE2 autocrafting setup?
2015-05-03_12.31.50.jpg
Clearly I need to expand it, as the molecular assemblers only have one slot free.

U have not big assembler chamber) only 14 interfaces, but u have cable with 32 channels.
In my constructions i make 4 towers with 8 intefaces and 8 assemblers in box 3x3x2. So i use all 32 channels.