Steel Production

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I am in need of a way of getting a lot of steel at a quicker rate than Railcraft. Do any of you have a better way?
I am running on FTB Infinity

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
mh put iron ingot and pulverized coal into the induction smelter and wait for it to be processed into a steel ingot?

YsMZ4Vr.png

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
mh put iron ingot and pulverized coal into the induction smelter and wait for it to be processed into a steel ingot?

YsMZ4Vr.png
It's not working for some reason. Is there a certain option that needs to be activated?

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
not rly. should work. why is it not working? if u cant put an item into the 2nd slot of the inductino smelter, u have to click on the button to unlock the Flux slot

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I herd U kin pump liquefacted coal into a smeltery then add iron.

It's probably bollocks but it might be a larf.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
just tested with original infinity 1.4.0 and it works fine
Odd. I am running Infinity 1.4.0 as well, and it's not working. I will try to post screen shots.

Also, what do you mean by flux slot?

Edit: Looks like my UI is a bit screwed up.

I just updated CoFH core and all the Thermal mods and it seems to be working after I moved my Induction Smelter to my Ender IO capacitor bank. Weird!

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
i see, i guess you use a texture pack. disable it and you will see a new "button" in the induction smelters GUI to toggle the locked flux slot

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Tinker's Steelworks has a large multiblock structure that can process six blocks of iron into six blocks of steel in a couple of seconds. Fastest way of generating steel that I'm aware of. Requires a bit of redstone to run, though.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Tinker's Steelworks has a large multiblock structure that can process six blocks of iron into six blocks of steel in a couple of seconds. Fastest way of generating steel that I'm aware of. Requires a bit of redstone to run, though.
Tinker's Steelworks isn't into Infinity it would seem.