[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Can some of you great fellow gamers share some screenshot of your farming layout? I was trying to think of a way to make a functional layout over the water with a bridge that would have all/most crops. I have been standing at the waters edge for an hour trying to think of away to do it, and have built/tor down, and built again but can't seem to think of anything. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I've been making all my farms on diagonals lately. It's good for leveling, and I think it looks neat. Now I wanna build a bridge with the farms on either side.. but I have nowhere to bridge to!

2015-03-28_23.41.29.png

Reactions: An0nymuS

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I'm stumped.

To get a strong infusion stone, you need blaze essence.
To get blaze essence, you need to turn in nether essence (which then you'll unlock blaze seeds)
But to get nether essence, you need nether seeds, which the quest is locked until you do the strong infusion stone quest.

??????
Take a small diversion down the tech route to get to the nether

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen anything in the thread for that.

@delicateglow, go to the nether, the repeatable nether essence quest should show up then? I'm not sure what triggers it honestly.

What you've said is exactly what I'm talking about. People have been asking how to get nether essence, and they're repeatedly told that to get the quest to unlock, they actually have to get to the nether. A simple thread search for nether essence would have turned answered the question at hand.

Reactions: Reverse_Farsight

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Take a small diversion down the tech route to get to the nether

I've been following you changelog and was wondering something. Do you have any intentions on adding any other mods to your wonderful, life sucking pack of awesomeness in the future? Like any that you would like to add, or are waiting to get to a curtain point? Or is your next big thing for the future is to add world gen? Either way I am grateful for your hard work on this amazing pack, and was just poking you for a teaser of whats to come:) Thanks Again:)

Reactions: CraftsmanChris

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've been following you changelog and was wondering something. Do you have any intentions on adding any other mods to your wonderful, life sucking pack of awesomeness in the future? Like any that you would like to add, or are waiting to get to a curtain point? Or is your next big thing for the future is to add world gen? Either way I am grateful for your hard work on this amazing pack, and was just poking you for a teaser of whats to come:) Thanks Again:)
BiomeTweaker will be going in for 0.8, with ClimateControl perhaps even being removed. Other then that I'm still debating the idea of Millenaire for endgame helping the world recover. Overall, I'm mostly trying to avoid continuously adding things as I don't want to get to the point where the pack is kinda bloated.
But yes, 0.8's big things are going to be the overhaul of the blast furnace level of tech and the new world gen stuff.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
And 0.7.3 has now been Submitted
Mod Changes:
- Updated Automagy to 0.22.1
- Updated Bagginses to 2.0.1
- Updated Botania to 1.5-173
- Updated Buildcraft to 6.4.6
- Updated Buildcraft Compat to 6.4.2
- Updated Enchiridion 2 to 2.0f-63
- Updated Enhanced Inventories to 1.0.11
- Now 100% Less Crashy!
- Updated Garden Stuff to 1.5.6
- Updated Mariculture to 1.2.4.1
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.3.6
- Updated Witching Gadgets to 1.1.3
- Downgraded WAILA Plugins to 0.0.1-13 from 0.0.1-14
Config Changes:
- Applied Energistics 2
- Disabled Tiny TNT (it bypasses the explosion changes which prevent an exploit)
- COFH Core
- Added a bunch of stuff to underground generation in the spirit world, including 4 more ores, netherrack and grout
- Enhanced Inventories
- Re-enabled Natura compat as it should be fixed now
- Iguana Tinker's Tweaks
- Added numbers to Harvest Level names to make the progression more apparent
- Witching Gadgets
- Disabled Nugget Transmutation recipes (this fixes a weird issue with scanning some Enhanced Inventories Chests)
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Changed recipe for bloomery furnace - now made in the carpenter(initial step towards 0.8 tech progression refactor around the blast furnace)
Quest Changes:
- Changed quest "Pottering About" to use a detect rather than crafting task
- Made quest "Feeling Salty" able to trigger off any quest that might result in getting a mariculture book
- Added a note to quest "Fishy Situation" saying how fishing is not biome specific
- Linked a number of quests in "What the World Embraces" to resource triggers
- "Capping Show" now requires 60 Acanist rep to unlock along with the other initial TC quests
- Added quest for garlic
- Added info regarding accessing the Ench2 Library to quest "Bound in Print"

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge
I was just looking through the changelog and trying to locate changelogs for the updated mods etc. etc... and it occurred to me to wonder, is there any reason AOBD isn't in the pack? I don't remember it being brought up at any other point in the thread, so I thought I would ask.

reesylou

Jul 29, 2019
1. I am offended. You called me bacon yam. You are... It's like you called me by a derp name like bakonus_yam.
2. I don't get it by censorship. Many people play this pack. Plus, I don't want to delete the quests, I just want to change one word. Purplementat had to change that word while saying it for his video and the word is a cuss word. Many people play this pack, some could be 7 (I'm not) and how would you like to have a Modpack and get it rated badly from parents cause they found out it had a cuss word in it? Not only adults who don't care about censorship and don't think stuff is wrong to say and do play minecraft. There are many people who know what things are right and wrong.

I am a parent who not only plays, but has an 8yo daughter who also plays. While we do not condone swearing, she will be exposed to it everywhere and needs to know how to deal with that. I have no issue with her seeing/reading "damn" or other such minor words - if she noticed it, she would be likely to show me and we would discuss it. If it were f^&* or similar, I would have more of an issue, but again, would discuss it with her. However, to be honest, she doesn't pay attention to the text of the quests very much.

By the age of 8, kids are quite able to distinguish between what they see and hear elsewhere, and what is acceptable at home. It is much better to have them exposed (in a controlled way) to bad language and discuss with them why it isn't accepted, and that others have different standards.

cdriftgaming

Jul 29, 2019
So in complete idiocracy I was toying with saplings when I stumbled upon redwood(the 7x7 variety). I don't know why I thought it would be a small tree but alas I was not prepared for it. Is there any way to fell that sucker? because my lumber axe does nothing >.<

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
So in complete idiocracy I was toying with saplings when I stumbled upon redwood(the 7x7 variety). I don't know why I thought it would be a small tree but alas I was not prepared for it. Is there any way to fell that sucker? because my lumber axe does nothing >.<
Make a better axe or spend your days repairing and chopping. I recommend making an unbreakable lumber axe, which will need several extra modifiers to get reinforced x and needs an obsidian head.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
so has anyone found a fix for the invisible blood altars yet?
i think you have to turn of waila

Make a better axe or spend your days repairing and chopping. I recommend making an unbreakable lumber axe, which will need several extra modifiers to get reinforced x and needs an obsidian head.
doesnt cut it all down anyways, only cuts in 3x3 cube regardless
Tree-Specific Flaws and Not-Flaws

-On a Natura Redwood, it cuts the regular 3x3x3 area. This is probably to limit the possibility of lag-bombs, as the trees grow far above the cloud layer. However, you can cut out a very wide, maybe decorative staircase using the Lumber Axe.

cdriftgaming

Jul 29, 2019

doesnt cut it all down anyways, only cuts in 3x3 cube regardless
Tree-Specific Flaws and Not-Flaws

-On a Natura Redwood, it cuts the regular 3x3x3 area. This is probably to limit the possibility of lag-bombs, as the trees grow far above the cloud layer. However, you can cut out a very wide, maybe decorative staircase using the Lumber Axe.

Well, kid me always wanted a tree house