Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. After updating Rotarycraft from v5 to v5c all the pipes, machines, any RoC block looks like a white cobblestone block. I was using Soartex, switched back to default. Same issue, even after restart.

Anyone else seen a similar issue?

Electricraft and Reactorcraft look fine.
Think about the date.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
While that may be true... it's more of an annoyance. Wish they'd turn into pumpkins. I'll check again tomorrow.
So, just got permission to say this. All machines were supposed to turn to the textures from 4 months before the initial release of rotarycraft. However, the joke bugged out and made machines turn random textures, or worse invisible.

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, figured that was it. Mine initially had turned all into boxes with the classic "no texture" texture (Purple and black checkerboard), then I updated from 6 to 6b and they turned into MS Paint versions. Just another reason why WAILA is one mod that is always included when I make/tweak packs :). Tis just for a day (Well, 2 so far but I'm in the future so....), after all. I'm more surprised by the lack of mod pranks, tbh.

Edit: Might be in the future, still can't spell right sometimes >.>

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to say, because I haven't heard anyone else say it, While the joke did go awry, I appreciate that you try for your players Reika. I thought it was very funny :p

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to say, because I haven't heard anyone else say it, While the joke did go awry, I appreciate that you try for your players Reika. I thought it was very funny :p

On a related note, we have the new Chisel 2 mod. You can make chests that look like presents!

The best part, is if you put anything in them and logout, everything disappears! They have an error in their save code.

What a great surprise. And it wasn't even April Fools day!

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I like the nerf that the HTGR reactors just went through! Previously I could run 1 turbine on 4 HTGR cores and a single heat exchanger. That was kind of overpowered given this is supposed to be the tiny safe reactor, the smaller cousin to the fission unit.

Now to run the same turbine, I require 12 HTGR cores arranged around a single heat exchanger. They run cooler, and require more of them to give off enough heat. This arrangement just barely makes the turbine stay at full speed, with a turbine flywheel.

Nice.

Reactions: Pyure and Reika

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok, I like the nerf that the HTGR reactors just went through! Previously I could run 1 turbine on 4 HTGR cores and a single heat exchanger. That was kind of overpowered given this is supposed to be the tiny safe reactor, the smaller cousin to the fission unit.

Now to run the same turbine, I require 12 HTGR cores arranged around a single heat exchanger. They run cooler, and require more of them to give off enough heat. This arrangement just barely makes the turbine stay at full speed, with a turbine flywheel.

Nice.
Finally! :D

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding this comparator issue, I just updated last week to v5c... I'm not looking forward to another 2 hour cram session to update so fast.

Does it produce a dangerous condition (ie: overcharge), or just undercharging?

EDIT: Experimentation shows it undercharges, my indy coil produced a high signal at only 131 MW of 720. I'd still appreciate confirmation. ;]

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Regarding this comparator issue, I just updated last week to v5c... I'm not looking forward to another 2 hour cram session to update so fast.

Does it produce a dangerous condition (ie: overcharge), or just undercharging?

EDIT: Experimentation shows it undercharges, my indy coil produced a high signal at only 131 MW of 720. I'd still appreciate confirmation. ;]
v6 fixed the comparator bug.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Feature request: Please have the angular transducer or WAILA show the actual capacity of the fluid compression chamber when it has power applied.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Feature request: Electricraft resistors either drop the dyes used to mark them, preserve their settings, or don't consume the dye. Seems silly to keep growing cocoa beans.