TiCo, Why isn't it not included in Magic Mod Packs?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hello Magzie here,
This is a quick discussion about why you guys think no one includs TiCo mod in to Magic based mod packs. Is TiCo really a tech mod. I always found it to be a good tool mod but for me it runs more like a magic mod then tech anyway. So what is your opinion on this. It will be fun to hear every ones view on this.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Magzie here,
This is a quick discussion about why you guys think no one includs TiCo mod in to Magic based mod packs. Is TiCo really a tech mod. I always found it to be a good tool mod but for me it runs more like a magic mod then tech anyway. So what is your opinion on this. It will be fun to hear every ones view on this.
TiCo really isnt part of a group of mods so i guess it would not be in tech or magic

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo leans more to the tech side of things with its tools, even on curseforge it is classified as a tech mod
Although I do agree it is a little neutral myself

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Also to be fair, there are RF upgrades but not like mana based upgrades or like a wand function upgradeo_O

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
At least with Mage Quest, I believe it was judged to not fit with the feel of the pack. Personally, I see it as a tech mod, as the general principal of the mod is that items are upgraded through the use of metals and machines.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also to be fair, there are RF upgrades but not like mana based upgrades or like a wand function upgradeo_O
Well TiCo doesn't make the upgrade for RF use in tools only allows integration with Thermal Expan. I could see tools runs off of set essence. There hasn't been to many mods that use any type of Mana resource. And the add on for Thaumcraft 4 for Thaumium tool rods to add extra enchant slots. I could see a mod that allows Silver/great woods used for tools and infused in the altar to allow the tool to run off essence. Maybe allow infused stones to be use in tool parts.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
At least with Mage Quest, I believe it was judged to not fit with the feel of the pack. Personally, I see it as a tech mod, as the general principal of the mod is that items are upgraded through the use of metals and machines.
It is true it doesn't fit well in the story they have laid out for the quest book. That being said there are quite a few magic mod packs out there and i don't recall any that use TiCO. I almost want to add it in just to see how well it fits. rofl I do wonder though if they didn't add it because of the story or because of the "tech" tag it has gained from the public?