Way to many java installations.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up.

I was having a problem running any server software. Kept getting a out of memory error. Kept looking and looking. I finally found the culprit. My security software likes to install updates for certain programs. Will it liked installing java updates the most. Problem was it kept picking the wrong java updates. It kept installing the 32bit updates. On top of that it wasn't uninstalling the old versions of Java. The server I was tying to run kept running on one of the 32bit javas instead of the 64bit one.

I turned the update scans off for on the security software. Then uninstalled all versions of java. The I should have deleted the java folders in both programs folders. Didn't think of that though. I downloaded the newest 64bit version of java and installed it. Then looked through the java folder and found that there was still a old version left. I deleted that.

Note: I didn't turn off all updates on the security software. It will still update itself.

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019
You should probaply use a script to start your minecraft server anyway. why don't you add the java version you want mc to use?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
You should probaply use a script to start your minecraft server anyway. why don't you add the java version you want mc to use?
I am using a heavily edited version of the default bat file. Probably wouldn't needed to have edited so heavily if I had realized what the problem was.

Code:
java -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-universal.jar nogui
pause

Actually there isn't much left of that file. I may try the original again.

I prefer minecraft to find java. I have it set up to be as easy as possible to backup and reinstall. The fewer paths I have to set the better. Though I was thinking of doing that before I found the problem.

Edit:
Yeah. the default script is working fine now.