Multiple Dragon Eggs?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
What mods are out there that allow you to legitimately get more than one dragon egg in the world? Either by item duplication or a crafting recipe or hatching and breeding it somehow, whatever. And by item duplication, I mean a deliberate mechanic, not an exploit, such as the Atomic Assembler from Atomic Science/Resonant Induction. I'd use that if it were working in 1.7.

One option I considered was making a uu-matter recipe for it, and just make it insanely expensive. (After all, you still need one for scanning, so you still have to kill the Ender Dragon first.) But I'd like to hear other options too, preferably ones related to the fact that it's, you know, an egg. But feel free to share anything.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Two methods come to mind:

1. Magic Bees has a bee that produces an item that can be crafted into a dragon egg. This requires a ton of breeding, though, as this bee (I forget what it's called) is way out at the top end of MB's breeding chain.

2. Draconic Evolution has a ritual that lets you re-summon the Ender Dragon, so you can kill it again and get another egg. I'm not sure if this ritual actually consumes the first egg or not, though.

3. Draconic Evolution also adds Chaos Guardians every 10000 blocks or so in the End, which are basically bigger, stronger Enderdragons. Again, I'm not sure if they actually drop eggs.

4. If you've got ProjectE, you *may* be able to use some obscene amount of EMC to duplicate a dragon egg after you've already gotten one. Again, I'm not familiar with the mod, but if it's anything like EquivalentExchange2 of old, virtually everything can be duplicated.

I'm sure there's some other mods out there that let you get more dragon eggs, but I can't think of any of them off the top of my head. The only one of those above that I know for sure works is Magic Bees.

Reactions: Padfoote

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I think folks have approximately the right ideas, but I can add that if you really want multiple eggs and don't want to deal with modding to do it, you could always just delete your Dim1 folder and then regenerate your The End, thus spawning another dragon and therefore another opportunity for an egg. Not particularly elegant I realize, but then it's certainly an option available to anyone!

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I think folks have approximately the right ideas, but I can add that if you really want multiple eggs and don't want to deal with modding to do it, you could always just delete your Dim1 folder and then regenerate your The End, thus spawning another dragon and therefore another opportunity for an egg. Not particularly elegant I realize, but then it's certainly an option available to anyone!
That would work ... but to me, that qualifies as hacking and therefore isn't "legit" as I required in my original post.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
That would work ... but to me, that qualifies as hacking and therefore isn't "legit" as I required in my original post.
Fair enough, just wanted to mention it as an option! I only really remembered it myself because I noticed I hadn't installed Hardcored Ender Expansion properly and needed to regenerate the dimension as a result, haha.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I've been considering adding that mod to my pack ... I'll go watch a video about it. XD

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Bees, Draconic Evolution, Mystcraft?(I think you can get it to generate a whole new End DIM, haven't done it sense 1.4(Ultimate) though)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

By choosing to install mods you have hacked the vanilla experience by default.
And, with items like this, which have no actual purpose in the game but are hard to get, it is difficult to judge which methods are too easy / too OP.
Certainly, in an SSP game, deleting the End forces you to fight the End Dragon again for the egg, so by definition is the closest to vanilla balance. If you are on a modded server and want to surprise the other players with your possession of multiple instances of what is usually a unique item, then Bees (which I have successfully done on a server), or Draconic Evo are ways to go.

The bee approach seems balanced at first when you regard the difficulty of the initial breeding, but once set up can churn out the mats to create multiple eggs per day with no additional effort. As such, I'd argue that MAgic Bees is OP - because it will flood a server with eggs as soon as the first player does it - but resetting the End can be done on a schedule which will strictly limit the generation of additional eggs.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that you can use Project E to condense dragon eggs. I think the EMC is double that of a nether star, possibly more, but that's the price ya pay. Another option, I think, is ChromatiCraft. I believe you can use the item fabricator and lumen energy to duplicate eggs. Note that this would likely take a lot of power, if that's the case, and is near the mid-to-late end of the progression tree.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I can confirm that you can use Project E to condense dragon eggs. I think the EMC is double that of a nether star, possibly more, but that's the price ya pay. Another option, I think, is ChromatiCraft. I believe you can use the item fabricator and lumen energy to duplicate eggs. Note that this would likely take a lot of power, if that's the case, and is near the mid-to-late end of the progression tree.
Also note that ChromatiCraft has a config option that resets the End whenever the dragon is defeated. It's there because killing the dragon is an important gate in the mod, and if you're on a server, only one player can do that without a way to reset the End or otherwise respawn the dragon.

I don't remember whether that's turned on or off by default. Presumably, packs with Draconic Evolution, Hardcore Ender Expansion, or some other way to respawn the dragon would have ChC's end-resetting turned off.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The other method I haven't seen listed here yet is using a dragon dimlet with RF tools to create a dimension that will spawn about 4 to 6 dragons and will replenish them as dragons are killed. However, it can be difficult to harvest the dragon eggs due to the other dragons that spawn in.