FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
With the US and China both getting new leaders this week the world is changing a lot but we can't let them have all the action so we are proud to announce the launch of the official Feed The Beast launcher and modpack!

The launch will be on the 10th of November 2012 (That’s Saturday) at 7pm GMT (11am PST with the stream starting an hour before) the launch will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/slowpoke101 with lots of special guests live on stream so be sure to follow to make sure you don’t miss that!

We would like to stress that whilst the launcher is now at a standard that we are comfortable launching it. The mod packs that will be distributed with the initial release are interim packs only. As new mods are updated and released to the public these mods will be intergrated into the packs and available to download as soon as is possible. We could have continued to wait, but honestly when loking forwards it could easily have been another month before everything was ready for a complete release of everything. This was a situation that just was not acceptable. It should also be noted that for now, we are only supporting vanilla servers until a viable system for server plugins becomes available.

The following is a list of some of the mods in the initial release of the modpack we understand that many of your favourite mods may be missing but don’t worry there will be frequent updates as they update to 1.4 and beyond!

Mod List

Minecraft Forge
Chickenbones Core
Chickenbones NEI
Rei's Minimap
Advanced Machines
Buildcraft 3
Computer Craft
Ender Storage
Extra Bees
ExtraBiomes XL
Factorization
Forestry
ForgeIRC
Gregtech
Industrial Craft 2
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
Advanced Solar Panels
GraviSuite
Modular Forcefield System
Mystcraft
Obsidian Pressure Plates
Portal Gun
Railcraft
Steves Carts
Thermal Expansion
Twilight Forest

We hope that you have lots of fun playing the mod pack and everything else feed the beast has to offer and we hope to see you at the launch!

The FTB Team

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
very cool i get the nz server reay to be all go on the day it out and we have a big party on server too we got list of 30 nzftb fands so far :)

blisf

Jul 29, 2019
As much as i'm excited for the release, for me it feels like it's not truly released without redpower. The reason it wasn't released until now was because of redpower, and not including it (for me) means that this is just another beta version.

InfestedZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Its Great to hear the official release is right around the corner. I'll be looking forward to the launch party.

Sparkst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Captainnana, will the texturepack support tabs on the launcher work in the opening of the pack. As i organise the Sphax addon for this it would kind of be handy to know if i need to have a working pack for saturday. :)

Sander3991

Jul 29, 2019
Will we have a standard blockID config, now that the mod pack will be released? I'd hate to reset my world again!

falconetti

Jul 29, 2019
As much as i'm excited for the release, for me it feels like it's not truly released without redpower. The reason it wasn't released until now was because of redpower, and not including it (for me) means that this is just another beta version.

tbh, agreed. redpower is the glue that binds the tech mods. looking at the play on forgecraft, nearly all of the builds rely on it, without it ftb is not complete...

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So pretty much the same pack as we have now? That's a bit disappointing. What major changes to the launcher can we expect?

Pezster

Jul 29, 2019
Dang it. No Red Power or Logistic Pipes?! Argh! My sorting abilities will be crippled!
Ah, well. I'll just wait some more then... no biggie.
And... great job FTB-team. Much appreciated!

follumramp

Jul 29, 2019
hove is this launch be in regard to world gen ?? f missing modes like thaumcraft 3 ?
EE 3 ? redpower? and so on wen ny updates w them come ut il need to start a ny map ??? sorry if my englis is bad and i hope you can read this

ceap up the good work i have bin waiting a long time and will have a lots of funn wen FDB is ut

Status
Not open for further replies.