Thaumcraft 4 - The Update Thread! Now With Infusion Crafting

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

It'll be interesting to see how this plays with other golem types. Even more golem automation options seem upcoming.

Also note the tainted cow and creeper in the background. :cool:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The Linking system looks like the old runes/symbols used to make portals & farm/defenses/etc in the first version of TC, as normal for Azanor looks great.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thing with automated golem systems is: Once you go BIGTIME with your resource-income, the golems simply are not fast enough (yes, even the "fast" ones). Means, you will need quite a lot of them. And that, in turn, usually leads to lag. At least my 6gig machine cannot handle 20 golems running around doing business without a hit to the framerate. But maybe a wise Golemancer could show a system that imitates the flexibility of an AE system with golems? Id love to see it. =)

Also: Taint? Hm. Not sure if I like that. Need more specifications.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thing with automated golem systems is: Once you go BIGTIME with your resource-income, the golems simply are not fast enough (yes, even the "fast" ones). Means, you will need quite a lot of them. And that, in turn, usually leads to lag. At least my 6gig machine cannot handle 20 golems running around doing business without a hit to the framerate. But maybe a wise Golemancer could show a system that imitates the flexibility of an AE system with golems? Id love to see it. =)

Also: Taint? Hm. Not sure if I like that. Need more specifications.

maybe azanor should add a golem that's the size of an iron golem, being able to carry like a whole chest with him and with the speed of a normal golem xD

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Still, if you can only mark one thing at a time, per golem, then this makes it almost impossible to run a system that's the same as a wall of escence jars on marker blocks.
Maybe tallow golems will just find the nearest warded jar without needing markers. All they'd need to be pointed at is a marker for the chest containing empty bottles.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ugh.. shouldnt it be a golem turtle?

also fine, like having an iron golem, with a turtle head, which you can right click and code to do certain things. like actually giving him a pickaxe would make him mine, or giving him a fishin rod would make him fish

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
This is very nice indeed. You won't have to block the side you want the golem to interact with from other use with marker blocks so you can crank more inputs/outputs in one machine. Not to mention the relief of not having to find a way to hide the obnoxious markers you need everywhere if you are using golems to move stuff around.

Reactions: RedBoss