Error occured during downloading the game.

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
I recently formatted my PC (Windows 7 Ultimate).
I can't get FTB to work ever since.
The login works, but whenever I select a modpack and press launch, I get the error:
"Error occured during downloading the game".
I've tried Force Update, I installed the normal minecraft, but nothing seems to work.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
Normal minecraft does work, yes.
I did install Java, yes.

This is what comes in the console after clicking 'Launch'.

Logging in...
Login complete.
MindCrack
dirs mk'd
Loading Jar URLs
Downloading Jars
Connection failed, trying again
Connecting.. Try 2 of 5
Connecting.. Try 3 of 5
Connecting.. Try 4 of 5
Connecting.. Try 5 of 5
Download Failed
Error occurred during downloading the game

My connection to the internet is fine though...

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
I live in Belgium.
Before the format, everything worked perfectly.
And not as far as I know of.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Belgium should be the UK Repo, didn't hear of any problems there. Strange.
Your connected by cable or wireless?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Your speedtest.net shows normal values i presume. Strange things is that you get connection failed. Like he can't find the server (or being blocked).
You have some netwerk management software installed (intel has some of thos annoying things)? Or did you install your networkdrivers at all?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
maybe try it, often the mainbord drivers install network connection drivers and other nice boosts for components

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't install drivers, but I didn't do that last time either :p
My laptop had an unexpected shutdown last week and I can no longer use my internet with an ethernet cable. I guess it had a fight with the driver and the driver moved out!
If I were you, I'd check the device manager to make sure that the same thing didn't happen to you

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
I installed the needed drivers, I reinstalled java and I checked the ethernet thing, nothing works...

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
Wifi doesn't work either...

I just noticed though, when I launch FTB, this error is near the top of the console:

C:\Program Files\Feed The Beast\FTBLauncherLog.txt (The system cannot find the path specified): java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Feed The Beast\FTBLauncherLog.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)
Could this be causing the problem?
I did install java twice, so I doubt I'm doing anything wrong there.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please take your FTB folder out of the location that it is in. Place it in a new folder on your desktop, with no spaces or special characters in the file path. Change the install directory (in the options tab of the launcher) to the new location.
Make sure your anti-virus' and firewalls are not blocking your access, and that you have administrative rights on the computer.
If the new location works, you may move the folder that you placed on your desktop to another location (such as a games folder).

elwolvo

Jul 29, 2019
Oooohh, that was one very stupid mistake!
The install destination didn't exist...
Sorry for the trouble.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have to same problem and cant figure out how to solve it
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your client setup.

If you continue to have trouble, please post your complete client-side console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it
If you are trying to show a screenshot, please share the image on an image hosting site (such as imgur.com).

If you have already completed some variation of these steps, please just humor me and complete the steps, exactly as listed.